And the constant itching looks like an endless battle … People suffering with it can understand this frustration.
what triggers eczema?
Due to inheritance or weak immune system, the skin can produce less oil than it has to. This reduces the ability of the skin to block moisture.
With less moisture, the skin cells are widened. The space between the cells provides access to bacteria and irritants. Therefore, eczema flares up …
Although there is no complete cure, by strengthening the skin and retain moisture, we can reduce the symptoms greatly.
Well, you can achieve this with the amazing properties of “coconut oil”.
How does coconut oil with eczema?
- The anti-fungal, anti-microbial, antibacterial properties and antioxidants in coconut oil reduce inflammation.
- contains caprylic acid, capric acid and vitamin E and K, and prevent itching, peeling and infection from spreading.
- By penetrating deep into the skin that locks moisture in cells and protects it from environmental damage and free radicals.
- When consumed internally, lauric acid is converted into monolaurin which acts as a shield against viruses, bacteria, fungi and other microorganisms.
- medium chain triglycerides (MCT) found in coconut oil is easy to break down for our body and used as energy. This helps support the immune system.
- contains medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) or medium chain triglycerides (TCG) restoring the protective outer layers of the skin.
Using coconut oil for Eczema?
1. Coconut oil as a moisturizer
may be used for eczema on the hands, legs, neck and other affected areas. Moisturizes the skin and prevents the skin from drying out.
- Spread a thin layer of coconut oil in the affected areas and leave on the skin until completely absorbed. Apply immediately after bathing can provide better a calming effect.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, it can be applied before going to bed and leave it overnight.
2. Coconut oil bath
This process helps to cure eczema in hard to reach places such as the back or buttocks.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Add 1 cup coconut oil to it and mix well.
- Soak and relax in it for an hour.
- After that, dry with a soft cloth or towel.
Process 2: Oatmeal
- Grind 1/2 cup of oatmeal into a fine powder.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Fill the tub with warm water and add both ingredients in it.
- completely wet it for an hour.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth or towel.
3. Coconut oil and vitamin E oil
This process is safe and effective for young children and people with sensitive skin.
- Take a pitcher and add 6 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid), 2 tablespoons each of rosemary oil and vitamin E oil
- Mix ingredients well and cover the container with a tight lid.
- Apply this lotion on the affected areas 2 times a day.
4. Coconut oil with lavender oil
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 drops of lavender oil.
- apply to the affected area and leave on the skin until completely absorbed.
- Repeat two times a day.
5. The anti-itch ointment
- Combine a few drops of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of shea butter from Africa.
- Apply a thin layer to the areas affected by eczema.
- Repeat two times a day.
6. Coconut oil Body Scrub
This process will help exfoliate dead skin cells that coconut oil helps our skin to produce natural oils.
- 1 part coconut oil and 2 parts of sugar
- gently massage the mixture on the affected areas.
- rinse with warm water.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
- Alternatively, you can use brown sugar.
7. relaxing butter with coconut oil
- jojoba oil
- Using a double boiler, melt down2 tablespoons of beeswax, 4 tbsp.
- Once you have melted, add 6 tablespoons coconut oil and stir until completely melted.
- Adjust the heat to low and add 2 tablespoons of shea butter and let it melt.
- Stir well and remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight jar and stir in 2 drops of lavender oil.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture in the affected areas and let dry.
- Repeat two times a day.
8. The homemade cream eczema
This cream is safe and effective for children as well.
- Using a double boiler, melt 1/4 cup each of coconut oil and shea butter.
- Once the oils melt, remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool slightly.
- When the mixture is hot enough, add 15 drops of lavender essential oil and 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- store this mixture in the refrigerator if your house is warm.
- Spread a small amount of it in the affected areas 2 times a day.
- For additional benefits, add 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
9. Butter body with coconut oil
- Using a double boiler, hot oil 1/2 cup coconut softness.
- When it melts, remove from heat.
- Let cool slightly and add 20 drops each of lavender oil, cedar oil, frankincense oil.
- Stir well and pour into a small glass container and protected from direct light.
- Apply a small amount of it in the affected areas.
- Repeat two times a day.
10. Eczema Moisturizing
- 1/4 cup finely comminuted oats.
- over low heat, melt 3/4 cup coconut oil.
- Add few drops of oil and ground oatmeal rosemary.
- Mix well and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once the ingredients are well combined, removed from the heat and pour the mixture into a glass container.
- left aside to allow the mixture to dry.
- Apply moisturizer in exposed areas regularly.
This solution is safe for children and people with sensitive skin too.
- Using a water bath, add 3 tablespoons of beeswax granules and let it melt.
- Once it has melted, add 1/4 coconut oil, avocado oil 1/2 cup butter and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once all oils are melted and well incorporated, remove from heat.
- Pour into a jar and place in refrigerator to harden.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture in the affected areas.
- Repeat daily application.
12. Coconut Oil Mask
- Mix 1 teaspoon coconut oil, turmeric and raw honey.
- clean the affected areas with water and apply the mixture.
- Let stand for 15 minutes and rinse with water.
- Dry skin.
- Repeat two times a week.
- Alternatively, you can avoid turmeric or honey (any) if you are allergic to pollen or curcumin.
13. Coconut Oil Lotion Bars
- Using a double boiler, melt 1 oz beeswax and 3 ounces each of coconut oil, lard shea.
- Once the oils are completely melted, poured into molds.
- Let aside to harden.
- Remove from the molds and stored in a bag or container rack.
- Applying lotion, just after a bath.
- Repeat daily.
14. Coconut oil for Eczema
Chemical agents present in commercial soaps can be harsh and cause more damage to the areas affected by eczema. Below is the recipe for soap which is good for eczema shown.
- Using a double boiler, melt 2 pounds of melt and pour soap base.
- Add 1/4 cup oil organic coconut her.
- After both the ingredients are melted completely, remove from heat.
- Add essential oils and fresh herbs of your choice and stir well.
- Pour into molds and set it aside to harden.
- Remove from the molds and stored in an airtight container.
- For bathing, use this soap instead of chemical-based.
15. Coconut oil for eczema on the scalp
This process gives relief from dandruff, itching, scales and other discomfort caused by eczema.
- a little warm 3 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Using your fingers, gently massage the oil on the scalp.
- Allow at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash hair.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
16. Treatment of eczema in children
This daily process can be followed to treat eczema in babies.
- Add few drops of coconut oil for bathing your baby.
- Pat dry and apply a thin layer of coconut oil in areas affected by eczema.
- Leave and clothe them with clean, loose fitted clothing.
- repeat the application of coconut oil. 2 to 3 times a day
- Be sure to apply before going to bed.
17. Coconut oil in the diet
The consumption of coconut oil helps strengthen the immune system.
- Consume 2-4 tbsp coconut oil every day.
- Or use coconut oil to prepare dishes.
- Or you can also add that while preparing batter or drinks.
Process 2: As Vinaigrette
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup liquid virgin coconut oil, 1/4 cup your favorite vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil salt and extra virgin sea, pepper as per your taste.
- Mix ingredients well and use it as a salad dressing.
- You can use the rest for future use. Make sure to warm up a bit before using.
What kind of coconut oil is effective in eczema?
Not all coconut oil is safe and effective. When you are looking out for the force should be considered only virgin coconut oil and cold compressed organic unrefined.
refined coconut oil is prepared from dried coconut pulp and during the preparation of various chemicals are used for longer life.
virgin coconut oil is prepared with fresh meat with no added chemicals.
Therefore, it has many nutritional benefits and prevent refined.
What if the application of coconut oil is leading to breakouts on your skin? It is due to allergic reaction?
For most people, coconut oil is safe and does not cause any irritation or rashes.
However, due to excessive use of steroid creams for a very long time, the skin becomes very sensitive. Skin explodes due to the heat created by the application of coconut oil. This can happen even with other oils as well.
Stop topical application of coconut oil until their skin is no longer sensitive. To achieve this you have to stop using steroid creams too.
The useful way to get all the nutrients and benefits of coconut oil is to consume it.
Tips and Precautions:
- Perform a patch test before beginning regular treatments.
- avoid coconut oil if you are allergic to it.
- Consuming more amount of coconut oil can lead to high blood pressure, increased cholesterol and clogged arteries. So limit your consumption.
- Topical application of coconut oil is safe for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Replace the commercial moisturizer, makeup remover and lotions with coconut oil.
- Avoid scratching, as it can worsen the infection.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing or silk that worsen the itching sensation. Always choose loose and soft clothes that help the skin breathe properly.
- Avoid using harsh soaps and shampoos, as they dry the skin and make eczema worse.
- Avoid washing dishes, long showers, swimming and frequent hand washing.
- Eat a nutritional and vitamin D3 supplements to boost their immunity diet.
Was this article helpful? Do you have any other resource that works best for eczema? Write to use in the comments section.