Whey is a fermented milk product which is very popular during the summer season. A glass of cold milk is refreshing and invigorating.
Originally, buttermilk was referred to as the liquid left over after churning butter from cream. However, today described as a common fermented milk drink in many countries with warm climates.
To make a distinction between the two types of whey, the liquid left over after churning butter from cream is known as the traditional milk serum. On the other hand, the fermented milk drink known as cultured whey.
It is true that the whey is often consumed as a healthy drink, but also frequently used in the kitchen. It serves as a basis for preparing homemade marinades, sauces, smoothies, soups and salad dressings. It is also used as an acid ingredient in baked goods.
This fermented drink is suitable for lactose intolerant who face difficulties in meeting their daily calcium requirements of other dairy people. Microbes in the whey turn sugar lactose into lactic acid, which is suitable for people who are lactose intolerant.
The nutritional profile of whey is very impressive. It contains a lot of vitamins A, D and B12, as well as calcium, potassium, protein, selenium, phosphorus and probiotics. In addition, it is low in fat and calories.
Because of this rich nutritional profile, there are numerous beauty and health benefits of whey.
Here is how to use buttermilk for skin, hair and overall health.
1. Improves skin tone
Being filled with milk proteins and lactic acid , whey helps remove impurities and dead skin cells of the skin, which can steal away the natural glow of the skin. In addition, lactic acid lightens the skin tone and gives the skin a smooth texture.
- Mix enough buttermilk with ½ cup chickpea flour and 1 teaspoon turmeric to make a smooth paste. Apply this mask on the skin. Let it dry by itself, then rub the mask using wet fingers. Finally, wash your face with water. Use this mask to clarify the skin once a week.
- For daily treatment, mix a pinch of saffron in ½ cup of buttermilk and set aside for 30 minutes. Then apply the solution on the skin and gently massage. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Using this remedy once a day.
2. Lighten marks and stains
Whey is rich in lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, as those used in most beauty products designed to get rid of the ugly stains. Lactic acid whey helps exfoliate the skin to remove stains and marks, and it does not dry out the skin.
- Apply whey in their stains and marks with a cotton ball. Leave on for a few minutes before rinsing the area with water. Follow this remedy once or twice a day until the marks are gone.
- Alternately, mix 2 tablespoons of powdered dried orange peel with enough buttermilk to make a paste. Apply this paste on the skin and gently massage around. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse with cold water. Using this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Reduce tan
A tan on your skin can be reduced by using whey, because of their content of lactic acid. It also has a moisturizing property to keep the skin soft and smooth, which is important to accelerate the healing process.
Simply put some pure whey skin is a very good remedy for sunburned skin and a very cheap and effective treatment. However, to make treatment more effective, you can mix the whey with other powerful ingredients.
- Mix ¼ cup cold milk whey, along with half of a tomato. Optionally, add a handful of mint leaves. Apply this liquid tanned skin. Let it dry by itself. Do this once a day.
- Alternately, mix 2 teaspoons buttermilk and honey. Apply to the affected area with fingers. Massage for 5 minutes, then let stand for 20 minutes. Finally, wash the area with running water. Repeat 1 or 2 times a day.
4. Clean the skin
serum works as an excellent skin cleanser. dust, dirt and other impurities from the skin is cleaned. It also nourishes the skin from the inside to keep your healthy and shiny.
- Dip a cotton ball in the buttermilk and use it to clean your face. Then rinse the skin with running water. Using this simple remedy a day before going to bed.
- Alternately, mix equal amounts of whey and rose water, then add a few drops of olive oil or almond oil to the mix. Soak a cotton pad in this liquid and gently clean the skin of dirt and grime. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water. They use it daily or several times a week.
5. Relieves heartburn and bloating
Whey is rich in probiotic microbes that help promote digestion. These healthy microbes prevent the growth of bad bacteria, which can cause stomach infections and diarrhea.
The serum may also prevent indigestion and excess gas. It can even combat stomach bloating and acidity by reducing irritation of the stomach lining due to acid reflux. It helps overcome the burning sensation you feel during an attack of heartburn.
Furthermore, the whey is low in fat and is digested faster.
- to improve digestion and relieve swelling add a pinch of dry ginger powder and rock salt little by a glass of buttermilk and drink 1 or 2 times up to date.
6. Increase your calcium intake
Serum calcium is good, especially for people who are lactose intolerant and can not have milk. A glass of buttermilk can provide about 282 mg of calcium, which is almost 28 percent of the daily recommended value.
Calcium is essential for the body to maintain healthy teeth and strong bones. It also contributes to nerve transmission and muscle function.
In addition to calcium, whey also contains vitamin D, which aids in the absorption of calcium in the body. The various enzymes present in the whey also help the body absorb calcium and other nutrients.