Psoriasis is a chronic disease, sometimes genetic, autoimmune characterized by accumulation thick, scaly patches of dead cells on the skin surface. In addition to the skin, these red, itchy rashes can affect nails and joints (psoriatic arthritis) call. While psoriasis can not be cured, the symptoms can be reduced significantly. There are plenty of over-the-counter creams and prescription drugs, all of which claim to be the most effective treatment for psoriasis, but they can be expensive and can come with unwanted side effects severe.
Fortunately, there is a safe, natural and affordable to treat the symptoms of psoriasis way home. According to researchers at the International Congress of Dermatology in Prague, aloe vera is more effective than topical steroids in reducing the symptoms of plaque psoriasis. We are about to tell you how to use it, but first, take a look at why it works.
is Aloe Vera is good for psoriasis?
- Aloe vera moisturizes the skin, forming a protective coating that discourages bacteria growth.
- strengthens the immune system and increases the production of white blood cells.
- he has soft is anesthetic, antifungal, antibacterial, skin soothing and anti -. Inflammatory that reduces redness, swelling, itching and other inflammatory symptoms of psoriasis
- When consumed, aloe vera detoxifies the body from within and helps in proper digestion to avoid intestinal problems (by removing toxins through two points) which in turn helps to gain control over psoriasis.
- Aloe vera penetrates deep into the skin, reducing the thickness of psoriasis rashes and flakes.
- has a 99% water that hydrates and moisturizes the skin to prevent dryness and irritation.
- stimulates the growth of new cells, along with natural nutrients and steroids.
- Aloe vera contains calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, iron, chromium, antioxidants zinc, salicylic acid, enzymes, vitamins A, B, B12, C and E, polysaccharides and amino acids, all of which keep the skin healthy.
Using Aloe Vera to treat psoriasis
Fresh juice and gel always work best. If you do not have access to a plant, buy organic gel or juice from a health and beauty store or order it online.
1. Aloe Vera
This process is used to treat psoriasis all over the skin with nails and joints.
- slice open an aloe vera leaf and squeeze to extract gel.
- applied to the skin, massaging gently in circles for 2 minutes.
- leave overnight if applied at night or washing with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
- Note: can be applied aloe wrap the infected areas with psoriasis with plastic sheet to block moisture
2. Aloe Vera oil tea tree
tea tree oil is antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. Relieves itching, burning and redness.
- Mix 100 ml of pure aloe vera gel, 6 drops of oil, tea tree 10 ml each of avocado oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, and bergamot, and 4 ml each of patchouli and 3 drops of German chamomile.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and let stand overnight.
- Apply the mixture on the skin, preferably after the shower.
- Massage gently in circles for 2 minutes.
- Leave for a few minutes and rinse with water.
- Repeat two times a day.
3. Aloe Vera with coconut oil and shea butter
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of Alovera, coconut oil and shea butter.
- Mix well and then apply on the skin, massaging gently in circles for 2 minutes.
- leave overnight and rinse with warm water after 20 minutes.
- Repeat daily for relief from itching and dryness.
- Or you can mix a small amount of aloe vera gel and coconut oil warm. Apply
areas of the skin and scalp psoriasis affected. Rinse after getting a few minutes.
- Add aloe vera gel for cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamin B5 oils (like jojoba, evening primrose, lavender, calendula, or vitamin E oil, etc.) to make the moisturizer fine and use this cream to get rid of psoriasis.
4. Drink juice Aloe Vera
cabin Psoriasis be caused due to vitamin B12 deficiency, consumption of aloe vera juice helps get enough vitamin B12.
- Drink at least ¼ cup freshly squeezed aloe vera juice per day.
- may be mixed into smoothies or fruit juices and vegetables.
- drink it twice a day, once before breakfast and again before dinner.
- avoid drinking aloe vera juice that are pregnant or lactating.
5. Aloe Vera with coconut oil
Coconut oil is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal product. Softens, nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
- Melt ½ cup organic extra virgin coconut.
- Mix coconut oil with 1/3 cup melted fresh aloe vera gel.
- mix well using an electric or hand mustache for 5 -. 7 minutes
- Add 3 drops each of lavender, rose and peppermint oil.
- Store in airtight mixture containerand kept aside for a few hours.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin leave overnight.
- Rinse with warm water in the morning.
- to store the rest of the mixture in the refrigerator.
- If you use this on the scalp, follow with shampoo and conditioner aloe vera.
- Repeat every night.
- Note: You can apply this lotion after the shower or bath to lock moisture
- Melt 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil.
- In a blender, combine melted coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of aloe vera, and ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- add a few drops of peppermint oil (or other oil essential of your choice) in this mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- Apply on clean skin before going to bed and leave overnight.
- In the morning, rinse or shower.
- Repeat to reduce symptoms of psoriasis.
6. Aloe Vera with witch hazel, menthol and clove oil
- Mix ½ teaspoon witch hazel, vitamin E oil, oil clove, menthol, tea tree oil, pine tar and cedar leaf oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply to the affected area and massage gently in circles for 2 minutes area.
- Leave for a few hours or overnight.
- Rinse with warm water and towel dry.
- Repeat once a day.
7. Aloe Vera Milk
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with 1 tablespoon of whole milk.
- stir well and use your fingers to apply on the affected area.
- Leave for 20 minutes or overnight.
- Rinse with cold water and dry.
- Follow the regular process.
- Note: You can use fresh juice and organic aloe vera gel instead of aloe vera
8. Aloe Vera with cayenne pepper
- Mix ¼ cup aloe vera gel with 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper.
- Apply to the skin after shower or before going to bed.
- Leave a few hours or overnight.
- Rinse with cold water and dry.
- Repeat daily.
- Note: If cayenne pepper causes burning sensation, wash before time and apply moisturizer
Aloe Vera for scalp psoriasis.
9. Aloe Vera with water
- Mix half a cup each of aloe vera juice and water.
- Apply on the scalp and massage gently in circles for 5 minutes.
- The massage helps get relief from itching and inflammation in the scalp.
- Leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water and hair with a dry towel.
- Repeat regularly.
- For an added benefit, including 2 drops of lavender, peppermint or tea tree oil.
- also try adding aloe vera juice or gel for shampoo and conditioner regularly.
10. Aloe Vera with essential oils
- Add 1 to 2 drops of lavender, tea tree oil or peppermint 1 -. 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- Stir well and apply this in the scalppatches.
- gently massage around the scalp and
- Leave on for 30 -. 60 minutes
- rinse with aloe vera shampoo followed by a conditioner aloe vera and a dry towel.
- Repeat two times a week.
- . Note: You can add aloe vera gel / juice to your shampoo before shampooing the hair
- Add 3 – 5 drops of essential oil of lavender in 2 ounces of aloe vera gel
- Mix well and apply on the scalp..
- let it sit for about 15 -. 30 minutes and rinse your scalp with warm water
- Repeat daily severe psoriasis in the scalp twice a week for mild psoriasis.
11. Aloe Vera Gel with garlic oil
This process also helps to treat lesions in all skin, nails and joints.
- Mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel and garlic oil.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Apply on the scalp where you have plaque psoriasis and leave 15 minutes.
- Rinse the scalp and hair with shampoo and conditioner followed with water.
- Repeat regularly.
12. Aloe Vera with jojoba oil
These natural ingredients help moisture scalps dry, scaly and scale.
- Add some fresh aloe vera gel in sufficient amount of jojoba oil.
- Apply on the scalp, massaging gently, focusing more on areas affected by psoriasis of the scalp.
- leave overnight and rinse in the morning with shampoo.
- Follow the process regularly to get relief from itching and burning.
Tips and Precautions:
For best results, follow the instructions when using aloe vera to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis.
- The use of aloe vera based creams, lotions, shampoos or conditioners for the treatment of psoriasis. use brands that do not include chemical preservatives. Naturals trusted brands include Green Lead, Artnaturals, fruit of the earth, Earthchild, desert lily, Aloe Farms, Desert Essence, InstaNatural, Jason, The Body Shop, and Crabtree & Evelyn.
- Aloe vera capsules are available, but the fresh juice or gel are much more effective. Take the advice of your doctor before using.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney problems, consult a doctor before using aloe vera regularly.
- In children under 8 years of age, consult a doctor before using aloe vera.
- Research indicates that the application of creams consisting of at least 0.5% aloe for 4 weeks significantly reduces outbreaks of psoriasis.
- Always apply aloe vera after washing the skin, and do not apply to open wounds.
- Before starting regular treatments, do a test to know you are allergic to aloe vera.
- Avoid using aloe vera latex (either for consumption or topical application to the skin), which causes diarrhea, cramps, reduces levels of blood sugar. Control levels of blood sugar regularly, if you have diabetes or blood sugar by lowering drugs.
- If the aloe vera does not help reduce symptoms, consult your doctor.
Apart from the use of these remedies keep the skin well hydrated and follow and apply sunscreen before leaving. Eat nutritious foods and avoid stress, and to quit smoking and alcohol.
Have you tried using aloe vera to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis? Do you know of any method we not mentioned know? Share your experience with us!