Acid reflux is an uncomfortable problem that can cause internal burning sensation around the area the lower chest. This is because stomach acid is flowing back up the food pipe when a valve called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), located at the entrance of the stomach does not contract or when the valve is opened often up.
Our stomach releases certain acids for digestion of food. The inner layer of the stomach is covered with a special coating to prevent stomach acid effect but our esophagus is not protected from this. Therefore, during the acid reflux throat to create a burning sensation.
Some of the common symptoms include chest pain or heartburn, bloating, gas a bitter taste, belching and difficulty in lying or bending.
Aloe Vera works for acid reflux?
Aloe Vera is a proven natural agent known to relieve heartburn and prevent acid reflux.
- The healing property of aloe vera soothes the entire esophagus track and provides relief from irritation.
- Studies show that Aloe gel contains glycoproteins and polysaccharides. Glycoproteins are useful in preventing the pain and inflammation improve the healing process, polysaccharide aids in proper digestion of food and are known to repair skin cells and stimulate skin growth.
- that has the ability to improve circulation of blood through the blood vessels which helps digestion and proper functioning of the digestive tract and relieves heartburn or acid reflux.
The properties of aloe vera helps balance the entire digestive system. They have been proven to calm the mucous membrane, minimize the gut, AOS bad bacteria, LES revitalize and heal the entire gastrointestinal tract. Contains:
- essential vitamins
- Glucomannan, a type of sugar
- The essential mineral for proper functioning of digestive enzymes
- Around 22 amino acids, some of which the human body is unable to produce
taking Aloe Vera for acid reflux:
1. Aloe juice
- aloe juice is available in food and drug stores. Use aloe juice prepared specifically for internal use, as it is free from parts of aloe so it is safer for the digestive system.
- Remember to start with small doses initially to prevent stomach cramps and diarrhea. Gradually increase the dose 2-3 oz.
- Drink 20 minutes before meals reduces acid reflux.
- it may also be diluted with a little water or fruit juice to a non-acidic taste better.
- When you have acid reflux consume between 2 and 3 ounces of aloe vera.
2. Refreshing Aloe Vera Drink
- Blend 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, lemon juice and 2 lemons, 8 ounces coconut water, ice and stevia.
- Drink this refreshing drink regularly.
3. Aloe Cocktail
- Mix any fruit juice non-acidic juice to aloe vera cocktail of your choice. Serve with crushed ice
- To make a guava cocktail aloe vera, mix 2 cups organic guava juice, fresh juice of half a lemon and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- cherry cocktail of aloe can be made by mixing 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 glass of cherry juice and juice of a lemon or 2 limes.
4. Aloe Vera with essential oil of lemon
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera juice, 2 drops of lemon essential oil a glass of water.
- drink regularly.
5. Aloe Vera gel or powder
- Combine 1/4 cup water and one teaspoon of aloe vera gel or powder and drink.
- start with a small dose at first.
- store the remains of gel or powder in the refrigerator.
- aloe vera can also add in your favorite smoothies, fruit juices or smoothies.
6. Aloe Vera with pears, ginger and yogurt
- Peel and dice 2 pears. Add to a blender with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel or juice, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and a cup of ice.
- is suitably mixed until it becomes soft.
- Drink this shake aloe vera regularly.
7. Aloe Vera with Granada and lemon juice
Lemon juice helps stimulate digestive secretions and reduces acid reflux attacks. Granada acts as an astringent to relieve inflammation of the entire gastrointestinal tract and also stimulates effective digestion process.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel, 1 cup of Granada, 1 whole lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of raw sugar.
- Drink this to get relief from acid reflux.
8. Aloe Vera with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar breaks down fat, balances the pH level and helps in better digestion. Aloe vera relieves the GI tract and cure acid reflux.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe juice or gel and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar organic apple and 1/2 of a teaspoon of Manuka honey.
- mix well and consume this drink through a straw to prevent damage to the teeth.
Tips and Precautions:
Follow these tips and precautions for safe and effective use.
- Diarrhea is a common symptom of ingesting aloe vera, so start with a small dose.
- Infants, pregnant women and nursing mothers are recommended to avoid this.
- People with diabetes must take aloe vera internally under doctor’s consultation, AOS.
- If you have hemorrhoids, ulcerative colitis, thyroid disease, or Crohn, AOS, avoid this.
- Aloe vera prevents blood from clotting. Therefore people who plan to have surgery should stop taking aloe two weeks before elective surgery.
- are required Persons under medication to take aloe vera doctor, AOS consultation.
- People taking digoxin should avoid consuming aloe vera.
- consult your doctor for an accurate diagnosis of acid reflux to know if indigestion caused by stomach acid or any underlying health problem.
- Avoid or reduce certain foods such as caffeine, tomatoes, citrus, alcohol, carbonated beverages, fatty, spicy dairy products and fatty or fried foods, etc, while the inclusion of this aloe vera in your diet.
- avoid prolonged use of aloe vera as it could lead to an increased risk of colorectal cancer.
- avoid taking aloe vera Also, if you have allergies to the lily family.
- If you don, AOT as the taste of aloe vera juice naturally or raw, then go for different combinations like mixing water juice or tea.
- Taking aloe vera latex capsules with a glass of water 3 times a day. However, be sure to consult your doctor before using latex capsules.
- always prefer purified aloe vera products and discolor.
Please share any experience you have with us free. We would love to hear from you.