The idea of having lice itself is quite unpleasant. The constant battle a relentless drive to zero does not stop.
Scratching sometimes lead to severe skin infection and open wounds. That’s even more frustrating …
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, if your child has these symptoms, it’s time to check your scalp or hair for head lice.
- feeling that something is crawling on the head.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the back of the head.
- Rosa eye.
- itchy scalp.
- incessant scalp.
- Redness or sores on the scalp.
If you or your children have been experiencing these symptoms, then it is time to look out for some solutions to get rid of these small insects.
prescribed or over the counter solutions can be very toxic drugs. And lice have become resistant to these methods that the plague is not eradicated.
Natural methods remain the most effective in eliminating head lice. One of them we will talk about in this article today is alcohol.
may sound a little weird but alcohol has been used by many people successful in eliminating lice.
How alcohol works for head lice?
- Rubbing alcohol containing solution is 70% isopropyl alcohol by volume is a disinfectant that is powerful enough to kill head lice.
- rubbery texture that helps nits stick to the hair shaft is dissolved.
- prevents lice suck blood.
Using alcohol to head lice?
Alcohol can be used in many ways to eliminate these small creatures. We’ve mentioned below for you. Try any of them and achieve results.
1) Rubbing Alcohol
- bend over a tub or sink and alcohol poured into his hair.
- Using your fingers, gently massage the alcohol to spread on the scalp and through his hair.
- Leave for a few minutes and rub a little conditioner on the scalp.
- The use of a toothbrush or lice comb, brush hair thoroughly.
- wash your hair normally.
- repeat this treatment once a week for at least 1 or 2 months.
- If you think this process is a little messy, then you can apply with a cotton alcohol.
- Pour some alcohol in a container.
- Immerse the comb in alcohol and comb his hair.
- Immerse the comb in alcohol before each race hairstyle.
- repeat the process until all the hair is wet.
- Leave for a few minutes and comb thoroughly to remove head lice.
- usually wash with shampoo and water.
- Repeat process 2 -. 3 times daily
2) Alcohol Spray with lavender oil
This process is less complicated than the previous. Lavender oil is a natural insect repellent. Its smell does not like lice affecting their survival and reproduction.
- In a spray bottle, add sufficient amounts of isopropyl alcohol and a few drops of lavender oil.
- spraying the mixture onto the scalp and throughout the hair.
- As soon as the hair is wet with the mixture, comb the hair thoroughly.
- wash your hair with regular shampoo and water.
- Repeat the process once in a few days to remove newborns ones as well.
- Alternatively, you can avoid lavender oil and alcohol diluted with water.
3) Alcohol vinegar
The present high amount of acetic acid in vinegar kills lice and also helps to loosen the grip of the nits or eggs.
Process 1: with baby oil
- Combine equal amounts of isopropyl alcohol, baby oil, and vinegar.
- Shake well and apply the solution to the scalp and throughout the hair.
- cover hair with a shower cap or bathing cap.
- allowed to stand for 1 hour and comb the hair thoroughly.
- rinse your hair with regular shampoo and water.
- Repeat the process twice in a week.
Process 2: bleach
- Mix 4 tablespoons each of alcohol, vinegar and bleach.
- To this mixture, add sufficient amounts of water and mix well.
- pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle and spray it on the scalp and hair thoroughly.
- cover the head, either with bathing cap or shower cap.
- left overnight and comb the hair thoroughly in the morning.
- wash your hair with regular shampoo and water.
- Repeat process 2 -. 3 times a week
4) Rubbing Alcohol with tea tree oil
tea tree oil contains properties insecticides that kill lice, loosen the grip of nits and soothe irritated scalp caused by scratching.
- Combine 4 oz. Alcohol and 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle and spray the solution on the scalp and hair long.
- Leave for an hour and wash hair normally.
- While the hair is still wet, divide the hair into manageable sections.
- Using a nit comb, go through each section.
- Pat dry hair.
- Repeat the procedure 2 times a week.
- Alternatively, one can use any essential oil (olive oil or coconut oil) instead of tea tree oil.
Tips and Precautions:
- Users should be aware that alcohol is highly flammable. Do not use hair dryers, curling irons or flat irons, while the hair is still wet.
- Never smoke near a person who is receiving treatment.
- Sometimes, the application of alcohol directly to the scalp can cause chemical burns especially if you’ve been scratching vigorously. It can damage the hair follicles as well. So be sure to test patch test before regular treatments.
- Alcohol can dry the scalp, it is recommended to drink plenty of water or apply oils.
- Avoiding person to person contact with an infected person.
- If a family member has head lice and then all others must keep control of their heads regularly. This helps in capturing infestation before.
- wash bedding regularly in hot water.
- empty or treat your equipment regularly.
Have you found this article? Do you have any doubt or suggestion?