ivy rash poison affects nearly 85% at some point of time in their lives Americans. Some people need a single exposure to the group of plants, while others need to be exposed several times to develop a rash. Once exposed to poison ivy, the rash can last about 10-14 days. In a broader sense, poison ivy rash is a form of contact dermatitis, an allergy that leads to eczema like rashes characterized by itchy blisters on the palms, hands, face, feet, legs and other body parts. If you are wondering how to treat poison ivy rash naturally at home, reading, we just right for you remedies:
1. Clean exposed skin
This is the first step in treating remedy poison ivy rash. It could use a little alcohol (isopropyl) to remove the resin ( urushiol ) that causes the poison ivy rash. You have to avoid returning to the area that has poison ivy because your skin will become more sensitive to the urushiol resin. Remember that even your pets can accidentally bring in urushiol forest-so avoid petting your cat / dog if you are recovering poison ivy rash at home.
2. Wash skin and clothing
ivy resin (urushiol) tends to remain stuck to the skin and clothing. So be sure to wash removed with cold water. Avoid using hot water as this opens the pores of the skin and makes the urushiol to penetrate further. Also avoid soap for washing poison ivy, as it may spread the urushiol that causes the rash to spread to healthy parts of the skin. Remove clothing and toss in the washing machine. Use hot water and detergent to wash thoroughly. Drying in the highest position.
3. Take regular shower after 20 minutes
Once you have washed your skin with cold water, wait 20 minutes to take a normal shower with hot water and mild soap.
4. Clean shoes, socks and other infected computers
Poison ivy do – One of the first steps of treatment at home Poison ivy is to contain urushiol resin spreading. Use a pair of latex gloves and clean their shoes, socks, tools and other equipment exposed outdoors with alcohol and water. You may need to bathe their pets as well.
5. Taking antihistamines for itching
If poison ivy rash on the face is itchy, taking 25-50 mg antihistamine like Benadryl for itching before bedtime. You might also need to get your doctor to prescribe Atarax (hydroxyzine) for use during the day. This is one of the best remedies for relief of itching of poison ivy.
6. Keep the skin cool
poison ivy rashes worsen due to heat, so avoid going outdoors in the sun. Staying in a room with air conditioning and, if necessary, apply some cold compresses on the blisters and rash. Alcohol can also give relief as the skin cools once it evaporates.
7. Use hydrocortisone cream
Hydrocortisone cream (0.5% to 1%) it can also be used to dry poison ivy rash on the face. Overall, this gives relief for mild poison ivy rash. For severe rashes, your doctor may prescribe a stronger steroid cream. Note that these creams will not stop the poison ivy rash or make it go faster, however; which undoubtedly will give relief from itching. Use them immediately after exposure to poison ivy.
8. The best treatment for blisters of poison ivy
The best way to cure faster poison ivy rash is to dry:
- Apply calamine lotion on the face, hands, legs or feet where blisters are present
- Apply a paste of baking soda with water. This removes the sting of poison ivy rash
- Add some oatmeal powder to the bath water. You can also use based AVEENO® oatmeal products to cure poison ivy rash.
- Apply aluminum hydroxide to quickly dry the rash and blisters.
- You can use Kaolin to dry poison ivy
- Apply zinc based creams zinc acetate, zinc carbonate or zinc oxide : to dry ampoules poison ivy.
- You can also use wet compresses over the blisters dry to dry out Mix a cooling solution Epsom salts and soak a clean, dry cloth on it. Apply the cloth on the rash and keep it for 15 minutes. Sit under a fan to dry the rash. Salts help remove fluid from blisters through osmosis . Repeat the process several times a day. Epsom salts also kill bacteria and reduce the chance of infection.
9. Prevention of complications
If despite using these poison ivy remedies for face and body blisters open and begin oozing pus, then we know that the rash becomes infected. Use antibiotic bacitracin rash ointment. If necessary, consult a doctor.
10. dexamethasone dose for poison ivy
If very serious rash poison ivy, dexamethasone may be the only solution. Many doctors also prescribe prednisone or other steroids in pill or injection form. The pills must be taken for 14 days, especially if the rash is present throughout the body, or more than 30% of the body. poison ivy rash untreated lasts 21 days and with these strong medications that can cure within 14 days. You can also try Medrol dose packages for a week, but these drugs do not work fast enough. Also injections are a better option than pills because they tend to stay longer in the system.
11. poison oak home treatment
The following home remedies poison ivy rash treatment can also be used for poison oak treatment:
- Aloe Vera gel -can help with the itching and inflammation
- Mentholatum ointment containing camphor
- hemorrhoid cream aid drying of the eruption
- organic apple cider vinegar poison ivy treatment -ACV helps remove toxins and keeps the pores urushiol. Apply a teaspoon of vinegar organic and raw apple a rash or make a cold compress by pouring it into a piece of cotton and apply it on the rash.
- Apply paste goldenseal it is made by mixing the powdered root with water. Also drink Goldenseal tea to facilitate healing. This is a useful treatment for poison oak remedy.
hope these best remedies for poison ivy treatment helps to answer the question “what to do for poison ivy? ‘