One of the most common complaints of many people is leg pain. This may be due to weakness in the legs. Usually, women in the 30s and 40s later, and the elderly are most affected by leg weakness. However, men are not exempt. They may also suffer from weakness in the legs. Leg pain often is an indication that needs your attention and care. Life really becomes difficult when you can not even walk a few steps to meet their daily needs!
Causes of leg weakness
The legs and feet carry the weight of the body and are essential to balance your body while standing, walking or running! The loss of strength in his body and legs can lead to weaker legs due to which you can experience leg pain frequently. But this is not all. There are countless reasons that can weaken legs.
If you are unable to walk right balance or to stand even for a few minutes, you can consider legs weaken. Shaking legs or leg pain when walking or taking the stairs also indicate weakness in the legs! However, these situations can also occur due to some other medical conditions your body. Check with your doctor to rule out any medical problems.
In regard to weakness, some causes of leg weakness include:
- muscle weakness caused due to wear and tear muscle, injuries, cord compression, etc.
- nerve problem that leads to instability in the legs
- Leg injuries or knee
- The degeneration of the bones or weak bones and associated as arthritis diseases
- not getting enough rest (which works too)
- side effects of certain medications
- the inactivity or overactivity
- poor diet or malnutrition
the above factors are the main causes leading to weakness in the legs. In addition to these reasons, obesity is another cause that weakens the legs. The legs can support only a certain amount of weight. Excessive weight damage to muscles and makes her weak legs! Weak muscles can be the result of nutritional deficiency, overuse, disease and overweight.
How to strengthen weak legs?
Strengthening weak legs involves many stages with different approaches. Focusing on the nutritional needs of your body, exercises and home remedies help transform other weak legs stronger.
According to the National Institute on Aging, doing simple exercises three times a week to strengthen weak legs.
His legs do not get weaker in one day. However, even making small changes to strengthen the legs can bring a big difference in your life.
Nutritional needs to strengthen weak legs
leg muscles must be strong enough to support the weight of the body and to make your body stable. Muscles require all kinds of nutrients of carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals. In addition, the muscles also need fluid content to run correctly. Sometimes, you may have overlooked nutritional deficiency of some elements within your body. micro nutrients and minerals like magnesium are very important for the optimal function of all parts of your body. As a whole, a well-balanced diet combined with moderate exercise or physical activity can strengthen weak legs. A simple blood test can analyze and report nutrient deficiency in your body.
Below the list of nutrients that can make your strong legs weak it is presented.
Vitamins to strengthen weak legs
also known as thiamin, vitamin B1 deficiency can result in muscle pain, weak legs and arms , abnormal reflexes, spasms of the leg muscles, poor muscle coordination, etc. Poor diet or lack of nutritious food is one of the main causes of vitamin B1 deficiency. If you experience fatigue in the legs or legs feel the fallen in the absence of stability, which is a sign of B1 deficiency.
Foods rich in vitamin B1
Vitamin B1 is found in many grains. If you do not eat healthy carbohydrates, your body does not receive thiamine. The following foods are rich in vitamin B1:
- Brown rice
- long grain white rice
- wheat germ
also known as cobalamin, vitamin B12 is responsible for the production of red blood cells of the blood. It deals with nerve impulses and DNA synthesis in the body. Lack of vitamin B12 (and iron) is often diagnosed in women and the elderly. When vitamin B12 lack, you may experience frequent numbness with tingling in the legs. This is due to insufficient red blood cells in your body. Also causes general weakness in your body and result in difficulty walking.
According to a report published by the Linus Pauling Institute, the daily requirement of vitamin B12 in an adult is about 2.5 mg.
The best way to get the proper nutrients is only through diet. Unless prescribed by a doctor, do not take any supplements to meet nutritional needs.
Foods rich in vitamin B12
Mostly, vegetarians and vegans suffer from a lack of vitamin B12, as it is found in abundance in meat and poultry. Some of vitamin B12 rich foods include
- Soy foods (the best option for vegetarians)
vegetarians and vegans can add enriched cereals and grains in your diet to get vitamin B 12.
vitamin C is not only responsible for the health of skin and hair, but also essential for the production of collagen, which keeps our muscles intact. Free radicals are the primary cause of aging. It is in fact a detrimental chemical caused due to oxidation in the body. Vitamin C is prepared cells in the body and prevent damage. Lack of vitamin C is also associated with the body and legs weaker because collagen is the main component of bones, muscles, skin and tendons. Lack of vitamin C is equal to lack of collagen in the body.
Vitamin C deficiency is also a contributing factor for pain in the joints, knees and leg bones.
National Institute of Health Sciences reported that an adult needs a minimum of 75 mg of vitamin C daily.
Foods rich in vitamin C
Vitamin C is found in abundance in many foods. Some of these are as follows:
- Citrus fruits. They are the engine of vitamin C. Han oranges, lemons, lime, grapes, etc., for vitamin C.
- berries and cherries
- Bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli leaves , spinach, stick, etc.
Vitamin C is found in abundance in natural products. eat fruits will provide sufficient daily dose of vitamin C.
Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin. It is essential to maintain strong bones. Calcium is not absorbed in the body without vitamin D. Vitamin D is related to many chronic disorders.
Exposure to sunlight allows the body to produce vitamin D from cells. Sun exposure of about 15 to 20 minutes a day is enough to generate adequate vitamin D for a day. Poor vitamin D leads to bone disorders such as calcium is not absorbed into the body. This can lead to weakness in the legs.
Foods rich in vitamin D
Sunlight is the best natural source of vitamin D. Beyond natural sunlight, vitamin D is found in the following foods:
- The fortified milk.
It is recommended not to take vitamin D supplements intake of this vitamin in supplement form can be toxic.
Minerals to strengthen weak legs
When it comes to staying healthy and eating nutritious foods, minerals are often overlooked or ignored. In fact, minerals and nutrients bind allow a stronger support system. The following are some of the minerals that are essential to strengthen weak legs.
The need for iron can not be overstated! Iron deficiency is closely related to chronic fatigue. Low iron makes you feel exhausted and you literally can not walk even for a couple of minutes vigorously. Iron deficiency, also called anemia, is very common in women. However, anyone can have iron deficiency if the diet is not balanced with foods rich in the mineral.
Low levels of iron in the body affects his duties due to poor circulation of blood. When there is no blood supply, muscles and nerves become sensitive become weak. It affects the legs as the legs carry your body weight. When you walk or stand that are more likely to experience pain in the knees, ankles and calf muscles. They are more likely to suffer from shaky legs and moderate to severe pain foot due to low iron levels.
There are many foods rich in iron. The iron content is displayed through the color of food. Choose the one that looks darker.
- leaves stick
- leafy green [19459015leaves]
vitamin C, as vitamin D facilitates calcium absorption in the body, keep your legs healthy and strong bones.
Potassium is a key nutrient that allows electrolyte balance in the body. The lack of electrolytes has been directly associated with muscle weakness in the legs. Low potassium levels not only leads to water retention in the body, but also ends up causing frequent muscle cramps, fatigue and swelling of the feet. The National Institute of Health states that an adult needs a minimum of 4700 mg of potassium daily.
rich in potassium
- Potatoes with skin
- raw tomatoes
calcium is the nerve center of the bone health. weaker bones obviously mean weaker legs. The management of bone density is essential to strengthen the legs. Mere intake of calcium is insufficient to handle the bone mineral density. As they age, the bones tend to degenerate and become weak. Thus, along with some simple to manage your bone strength exercise you should also point to the adequate intake of calcium.
The calcium-rich foods
- Dairy products are loaded with calcium. You should drink at least two glasses of milk every day to get adequate amounts of calcium. Those who are skeptical about drinking milk, you can go for low-fat options.
- Another great ingredient is calcium-rich sesame seeds. Crown your food generously with sesame seeds to get enough calcium in your diet.
- green leafy vegetables, seafood, vegetables and fruits also contain calcium.
More than 1/4 of ap of our body muscles are made of magnesium. Magnesium is one of the important nutrients that provide us with energy. Poor magnesium ends, literally, weakening the muscles of the legs and comprehensiveness throughout the body. Men need a minimum of 400 mg and women need about 320 mg of magnesium daily.
Foods rich in magnesium
- leafy greens
- Nuts and seeds
- Oat bran (oat unprocessed)
- whole grains
- dark chocolates
Including foods from the list mentioned in your diet helps strengthen weak legs .
Nutritional supplements to strengthen weak legs
When you are too weak to walk, talk to your doctor and get some nutritional supplements. Lysine and CoQ10 are two supplements that can help strengthen weak muscles of the legs.
lysine is an essential amino acid the body needs to build strong tissue, muscle, cartilage and bone. inadequate lysine leads to fatigue, muscle weakness, and irritability.
coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10 is responsible for the absorption of nutrients in the body enzyme. Talk to your doctor and get prescribed these supplements.
Do not take any supplements without consulting your doctor.
home remedies to strengthen weak legs at home
In addition to improving nutritional intake, should also focus on home treatments to strengthen weak legs. Eat nutritious foods without exercise does not improve the condition of their weak legs. Poor circulation, injuries, dehydration, arthritis, anemia, back pain, etc., can also lead to weakness in the legs. Here are some easy things you can try at home to strengthen weak legs are presented.
Massaging legs regularly
massage the legs, improves circulation. Poor blood circulation is one of the main causes of leg weakness. When the blood circulation is optimal, the weaker muscles also receive the nutrients that strengthens muscles. It also reduces the swelling, pain and cramps. Massaging legs daily for a few minutes. You can find a lot of improvements.
Click herbal oil at home for Massage
If you have pain and wobbly legs, make this massage oil DIY at home and massage with this oil regularly. If you do not want to put so much effort, you can also use coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil or sesame oil to massage the legs.
- Sesame oil – 2 cups
- coconut oil or mustard oil – 2 cups
- Fresh ginger – 1 inch (ginger is natural analgesic and reduces muscle spasms)
- Camphor – two teaspoons (relieves pain and inflammation)
- rhizome- piece fresh turmeric 2/1 inch or 2 teaspoons dust- turmeric
- garlic pods – from 10 to 15
- fresh oregano leaves (which makes supple muscle and gives a better joints)
- a few drops of essential oil (no mint, lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, etc.)
how to make it:
- Place all ingredients (except oregano leaves essential) oil in a pan and let it warm.
- You can use a double boiler to prevent burning oil.
- Keep the flame low.
- When you heat all ingredients give a pleasant aroma combined.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add the oregano leaves and remove it from the flame.
- Allow to cool and filter the oil after 3 to 4 hours.
- Store in a dry container and add the essential oil, mix well.
How to massage your legs:
- Wash and dry legs.
- slightly heat the oil and apply the hot oil on his legs from the knee to the foot.
- Gently rub the oil and massage in circular motions. (If necessary, you can ask for help from family members to massage the leg or you can buy a roller massage)
- leg massage with firm strokes for 10 to 15 minutes.
- focus more on calf muscles, soles and feet.
Go for a normal walk
Guess what, there is no effective and simple exercise other than walking for many health problems. Walking is a simple thing that can cure many diseases. Regular walking strengthens the legs and weak muscles signatures and invigorates them. 30 minutes walk for 5 times a week can reduce the weakness of his legs in a few days.
soak your feet in warm water
foot bath is one of rejuvenation therapies for tired and weak legs. Soaking the feet in warm water relaxes the muscles of the legs and relieves tension, pain and foot pain. The walk to all the important organs of the body is connected through small nerves. When your feet soak in hot water relieves these nerves throughout your body. It also improves blood circulation and reduces muscle cramps. You can add salt or essential oils in hot water for peace of mind.
Increase fluid intake
Dehydration is a major cause of muscle cramps in the legs and weak muscles. Keeping your body hydrated to prevent weaker legs.
- drink a lot of water at regular intervals throughout the day
- eat a lot of fruit-based water and vegetables such as watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, etc.
- Limit consumption of caffeine. This leads to dehydration
Horsetail tea to strengthen leg weakness
Horsetail is one of the highly recommended herbs for weak legs . Due to its rich content in silica, horsetail increases muscle strength, allows muscles to contract and stand firm. Also strengthens bone density and prevents bone degeneration.
One or two cups of tea ponytail can be very effective in strengthening weak legs. However, not consume more than 2 weeks a go. Furthermore, drink no more than twice daily. If you have a chronic health condition where are regularly taking any medications, consult your doctor before taking tea ponytail.
Just add about half a teaspoon of horsetail to a cup of water to make tea.
Strengthening exercises leg
weak leg muscles can be strengthened with exercise. Besides massage regularly, doing leg strengthening exercises a few minutes a day makes your legs strong. A short guide to simple exercises to strengthen weak legs is as follows.
exercises to strengthen weak legs
The exercises are a vital part of life. Soft and gentle exercises make a big difference in staying healthy. A regular exercise regime that keeps falling prey to diseases. Inactivity or poor physical activity leads to muscle weakness and legs too. Doing some simple exercises improves strength, reduces pain and stiffness, strengthen muscles, and improve their quality of life.
Caution – When you have weak legs, do not attempt strenuous workouts or exercises that can put all the pressure on his legs. For example, squats, sit-ups, etc.
The following are simple exercises that anyone can perform every day.
ankle exercises to strengthen weak legs
flexible and strong ankles are essential to manage the balance and leg strength. Doing simple stretching ankle reduce inflammation and pain in the ankles. ankle exercises also strengthen the lower body. There are plenty of benefits of exercise ankle:
- Creates a balance and stabilize your body
- prevents him off balance in the body
- improves circulation blood in the legs
How do ankle exercises
ankle exercises are best performed while sitting. Remember that you have weak legs! Once you get the balance, you can do it while standing as well.
- Sit comfortably in a chair
- place your feet flat on the floor
- Raise the right leg 2 to 3 inches from the floor and make a circle with your feet in a clockwise direction for a minute
- repeat with the left leg.
- repeat the same circling counterclockwise to clockwise for one minute.
- try to raise both legs and feet circle.
- Exercise ankle circle can take about 5 minutes. If you can not do it continuously for one minute, circle 20 to 30 in one shot.
After a few days, you can do while standing. When he does while standing, better balance and stability is obtained. It is one of the best exercises for seniors to strengthen their weak legs.
Tap your ankles on the floor to allow proper circulation, reduce pain and swelling in the foot.
- Sit in a chair
- Tap ankles on the floor for one minute.
- do it for a few minutes while you feel comfortable.
Hip March to strengthen the lowering of the box
hip motion is nothing more than exercising the hip flexors. It is very essential to strengthen the lower body. hip flexors are essential for seniors to maintain balance and prevent wobbly legs. Also improves resistance to walking. Its benefits include the following:
- This causes the ankles, hips, knees and spine strong.
- The muscles of the legs and thighs are strengthened.
- you can do the hip flexors, at any time, even when you watch television.
- By maintaining proper posture, this exercise also strengthens the lower back and abdominal muscles.
- Sit comfortably in a chair.
- Lift your right leg with your knees bent at the maximum height.
- hold for 10 counts and lower leg.
- Raise the left leg and repeat the same.
- repeat for 2 minutes for each leg.
How to make up hip:
After a few days of regular practice, place your hands on your thighs and lift your legs resist. The resistance makes stronger legs.
leg raise and weak legs Extensions
When it comes to strengthen weak legs, you can not overlook leg lifts. Raising the leg exercises are a part of strength training. Invigorates all the muscles of the thighs to the feet. It also focuses on the abdominal muscles. They provide training muscle balance; which is strong and flexible enough to create a balance.
These exercises can be performed while sitting, standing or lying on the ground. You can choose any way that is comfortable for you.
Seated leg extensions
- Sit comfortably in a chair
- Lift one leg straight and hold it for 30 seconds.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- repeat the series of 4 to 5 minutes
supporting leg extensions
- Stand straight. If necessary, get support wall to get some stability.
- Only one leg to 45 degrees extend and keep it as much as possible, as long as you feel comfortable.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
- extend one leg to 60 degrees and repeat the same.
- Extend straight leg, full leg extension and hold it for a minute.
- Repeat the same with the other leg.
reclining leg raises
- lie flat comfortably on the floor, with your legs extended straight into the ground.
- Raise your right leg slightly above the ground.
- hold it for about 20 seconds and gradually lower it.
- Raise the left leg and repeat the set for 5 to 10 times (make sure you are comfortable)
Some tips to consider:
- try to increase the duration gradually.
- After 2 or 3 days, you can elevate your leg to 60 degrees and gradually lifts perpendicular (90 degrees at right angles)
- do not rush, be gentle when leg raises.
- leg massage with a hot compress after exercise leg lift.
This is merely raise the lateral leg. Tones the muscles of the hip and provides strong support for the thighs and legs.
- Stand straight holding onto a chair or wall.
You May Also Like :