How to Sponge bath a Newborn baby
Bathing a newborn baby can be a difficult task for most parents. Some babies may mourn continuously throughout bath time, compounding the procedure for parents. From managing a newborn wriggly, slippery during bathing may require practice, the sponge bath is a safe proposal. In fact, most doctors recommend a bath sponge for newborns because it is the safest and easiest way to keep them clean and fresh.
sponge baths newborn baby are highly recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, especially during the first few weeks, until the umbilical area has completely healed. Sponge bath is also suitable for premature babies because their skin may be sensitive to tolerate water splashes. The following guidelines can help new mothers sponge bath your newborn baby:
- Put your baby in a crib or on a cushioned surface. You can put some cushions or soft wash towels underneath to provide greater comfort. Remove clothing and diapers and cover the body with a soft towel light.
- Take a cotton ball dampened with water and clean the eyes carefully. Take another cotton ball and clean the inside of the nose. Similarly, with balls of fresh, clean cotton soaked cheeks, forehead and behind the ears.
- In a tub of warm water, dip a soft cloth and squeeze out excess water. Gently rub the cloth over the baby’s head to eliminate cradle cap. This will not go on a day, but after a few sessions Sponges, which will start to fall slowly. Then you can use a soft toothbrush to remove completely cradle cap. Then wipe the water from his head with a soft, dry towel.
- With a wet wash-cloth, wipe the neck, folds of skin, genital and diaper areas slowly. Then wash arms, legs, folds of the fingers and toes, hands and feet clean. Wetlands clean gently with a dry towel.
- After the final wash, place the baby in a large, soft towel and dry the residual water from the body.
- Clean the umbilical cord carefully using a Q-tip and alcohol.
- Apply baby lotion all over the body, hands and feet restriction eyes, mouth and ears.
- To complete the process bath sponge, put diapers on him fresh clothes.
A sponge bath for newborns is ideal, as it prevents the chances of getting considerably cold. Furthermore, since the area around the cord is prone to infection, it is important to prevent water seepage in that area. Newborns do not usually get very dirty so a sponge bath every day is enough to keep them clean. During a sponge bath, it is recommended to cover the top of the baby’s body with a cloth while the bottom and vice versa lava. wash towels baby should be disinfected regularly to avoid any skin rash.
You May Also Like :