Water can enter the ear due to various reasons, such as swimming and bathing with the position of improper head. This is considered a soft issue and many people simply ignore when water enters your ear. The water usually leaves the ear as easily as you put into it. However, sometimes the water in the ear can penetrate the ear canal, which gives a clogged ear. This, in turn, could lead to ear pain, itching, hearing problems, ringing in the ears and ear infections. These conditions, if not treated, it can damage hearing permanently. Therefore, remove water from the ear as soon as possible. But how to do it? Here are some tips and tricks as well as home remedies to get rid of water in your ear.
How to remove water from the ear immediately
is always best to remove water from ear as soon as possible. Therefore, if you are swimming or taking bath and realizes that there is water in the ear, do the following immediately.
- salt water . If you are in a pool or in the bath, leave it. If you’re in the shower, turn off the shower. The simple trick is to get out of the water so that no more water enters the ear.
- shakes his head . Move your head from side to side keeping it slightly tilted to one side of the affected ear so that water can flow out of it.
- tilt the head and some strength . Tilt your head on the side of the affected ear. Take this ear to the shoulder and hit the opposite side of the head with the palm side. This may be enough to force water out of the ear.
If all the above steps do not help remove water from the ear, take the help of some of the specialized movements that can do wonders for you. Here are the simple and effective movements to remove water from the ear.
Gravity helps remove water from the ear
This movement can be called gravity drainage from the ear! You can do it while standing or lying down.
support and tilt the head
- need to simply tilt your head to the affected ear down so that gravity works on it and helps drain water ear.
- Keep moving your head gently back and forth while pulling your earlobe. This opens the ear canal to allow water to drain out.
bed to remove water from the ear
- Lie down on the bed with his head hanging down from his edge.
- tilt your head hanging for your affected ear is facing downward.
- Now gravity will have its own course and help drain water from the ear.
- Sometimes, sleeping on your side with the affected ear on the pillow can also help drain the water.
Create void in his ear to expel the water
- tilt your head to the side of the affected ear and place the palm below the ear.
- Gently push the palm of entry and exit to the time the water starts coming out of your ear. By doing this, a similar vacuum suction which draws water into the ear to the palm of your hand is created.
- You can also use your finger instead of the palm to create a vacuum in her ear.
- place a finger in the affected ear, which is facing downward.
- Pull and finger quickly to create a vacuum.
- be taken only seconds for the water out of the ear.
Caution : Never try to empty with the affected ear up. This will make the water goes back into the ear canal. Also, always dealing with the palm first. It is not recommended to use the finger in the ear. Use your fingers to remove water from the ear only when you can not succeed in creating vacuum with palm. Before inserting your finger in the ear, always wipe your fingers properly and make sure that you do not have long, sharp nails. Never put your finger deep into the ear.
Pop ear using the Valsalva maneuver
Valsalva maneuver is the common way to open a clogged ear. Help ears burst to open the Eustachian tubes. This, in most situations push water out of the ears.
- catch your fingers nose with his lips while keeping it closed.
- Now blow your nose gently.
- Because you have tweaked the nose, the force will be placed in the eardrums causing a snap action. If you do the movement correctly, a soft explosion sound indicating their eustachian tubes will be heard are open
- This probably will push the water out of your ear.
Caution – Do not be too hard while blowing nose pressed. This can cause some damage to your ears or nose. Blow your nose gently pressed.
Yawning or chewing movements help remove water from the ear
Nothing can be easier than this. Just act as if yawning or chewing.
- Open your mouth and yawn. You may hear a sound inside the ear. It is because of the pressure created in the middle ear and stretching the ear canal.
- Now tilt your head to the side of the affected ear and shake head slightly to drain the water out.
- You can also chewing movement. This works the same way as yawning, creating pressure inside the ear. If you can not act, eating a gum.
These were the ways to get rid of water in the ear as soon as it gets in there. But what if a considerable time has gone and now feels uncomfortable with the water lodged in the ear? There are home remedies for this. These remedies can get water to remove ear.
Home remedies to get rid of water from ear
These remedies are not only to remove water, but also for removing any liquid that may come into his ear. This liquid can also accumulate in the ear due to an infection in the ear. You should always consult a doctor to treat such infections ear. However, you can use the following home remedies to drain fluid from your ear, but not cancel the appointment with your doctor. In case of water in the ear, you may only need to use the remedies only.
When you give steam treatment to the ear, which helps open the Eustachian tube. This helps to drain the water easily heard.
- A large bowl filled with hot water
Do the following:
- place the container on a surface flat.
- cover your head with towel and bend over the bowl so that the steam can not escape.
- tilt the head so that the affected ear is on the cup.
- remains in this position for as long as possible for you, but no more than 10-15 minutes.
- The steam helps loosen the fluid then leaves her ear.
If the steam is too much for you, try giving heat therapy in the affected ear. The easiest way is to make a heating pad that will work in the same way as does the steam treatment. It helps open your eustachian tube to the liquid or water can escape without difficulty.
- A full hot water dish
Click the following:
- soak the cloth in hot water
- Drain excess water to make your heat pad.
- Hold compress against his only affected ear for 30 seconds.
- pause of half an hour.
- Do this for 3-4 times.
- Now tilt your head or lie down with the affected ear to the ground so that water can get out of your ear.
Use dryer to remove water from the ear
This is not a foolproof way to remove water from ear shape, but for some people it may work. The hot, dry air can turn water into steam which is then removed from the ear. You have to be very careful while using a dryer to remove water from the ear. The intense heat can damage hearing. Always run the hair dryer heat in configuration and low blow. Also, keep at least one foot away from the ear to minimize any detrimental effect.
Do the following:
- Keep the earlobe of the affected ear and pull it a little.
- Keep the hair dryer in the other hand and the position that at least one foot away from the ear. The dryer should be in heat setting and low blow.
- Turn on the dryer and let the hot air into your ear canal for only half a minute.
- turn the dryer off after 30 seconds.
- Make a break of 30 seconds to 1 minute and then repeat the process.
- Do this only by 3-4 times and no more than that.
- If you feel too hot or you feel some pain in the ear or face, stop immediately and do not repeat it again.
Caution : Be very careful when handling the hair dryer ear and face. Use this resource as a last resort.
Click eardrops with alcohol and vinegar
Alcohol is a drying agent and can help to dry the water in the ear. Vinegar helps keep bacterial infections away. It has anti-bacterial properties.
- Rubbing alcohol, 1 part
- White vinegar 1 part
- sterilized ear dropper
Do the following:
- mix the vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
- Using the sterile dropper, pour 3-4 drops of the solution in the affected ear.
- He will help break the infection and ear wax. It will also help dry the water in the ear.
Using hydrogen peroxide to remove water from the ears
This is not just the remedy to get rid of water in the ear, but also a preventive measure for swimmers with often they face this problem. Hydrogen peroxide, in fact, works to remove earwax from the ear. This ear wax can trap water in the ear. Therefore, if you swim a lot, using hydrogen peroxide to prevent water from the presentation at the hearing.
- solution 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
- sterilized ear
- Hair Dryer
Do the following:
- Fill the dropper with a solution of hydrogen peroxide halfway
- Pour the solution inside the ear
- Feel the bubble and fizz
- Now tilt your head to one side and pull back on the top of the ear to the solution to drain properly.
- With the hair dryer, dry the ear canal to remove any moisture that may be there in your ear. Do not forget to place the dryer heat setting and low blow. Also, note that 1 foot away from the ear.
using salt to remove water from ear
It is well known that the salt draws toxins from your body made. Therefore, if the water is there in your ear or there is some accumulation of fluid in the ear, you can use salt compresses to get rid of them.
- Salt- ¼ cup
- clean cotton cloth
Do the following:
- salt is heated. You can do this by microwave.
- Now, add the hot salt and place it on the web.
- Lace fabric to make your hot salt compress.
- Hold compress against his affected ear for 2-3 minutes.
- Now remove the napkin and tilt your head to drain water from the ear.
do’s and don’ts to prevent and remove water from the ear
- Always dry your ears after swimming. To do this, cleaning the water out of your ears with a clean cloth. Dry the area near your ear canal. Tilt your head to one side and shake off excess water in the ears.
- Seeing a doctor when earache feel or see yellow-green pus-like fluid from the ear. If so, do not attempt to remove water from the ear yourself. Let the doctor do this.
- Do not use cotton swabs or tissue to clean or dry the ears. It can damage the skin in the ear canal making the condition worse your ear.
- Do not use earplugs or cotton balls in your ears when you have water in them housed.
- Do not use headphones until the water out of the ear and the pain subsides.
Keep this in mind. If water comes out easily with any of these remedies, it is good. But if you are not able to remove water from the ear, do not try hard. This can worsen the condition for you. In that case, go to a doctor and allow you to remove water from the ear.