Many people consider the washing device self-cleaning. However, this is not true and the washer, like any other appliance requires proper maintenance. mold problems are the most common, even with a new machine. It is very likely that you will notice the stains and odor on your clothes only after using the machine for a few months.
Why should clean your WASHER
Mold and mildew can cause inflammation in the airways, allergic reactions and other health problems. The most common signs of mold contamination include:
- Itchy eyes
- red eyes
- teary eyes
the mold exposure has been associated with development of asthma in children and lung infections.
It is worth mentioning that the front-loading washers are more susceptible to mold and there are numerous complaints about mold contamination manufactured by Kenmore, Bosch, LG ad tub until late 2000.
what you need:
– a little liquid detergent cleaning (chlorine preferably containing)
– a sponge
– 25g lemon salt or potassium hydrogen oxalate
- the first step in the fight against fungus is cleaning the inside of your washing machine with some tissues in order to remove accumulated dirt.
- Then apply the cleaning agent (containing chlorine) over the entire surface of the rubber ring, distributing evenly.
- Close the door and leave for a couple of hours.
- After this, put the washer in operation ‘clarify’ program and turn it on.
- Then put some salt in lemon detergent compartment and set the washing machine of the highest temperature. Turn it on.
At the end, the machine will look like new. If necessary, repeat the procedure in a month in order to completely get rid of the mold.
Last but not least, always leave the door open washer after a wash cycle. This will also prevent bacteria and mold proliferation.
Believe it or not, this preventive maintenance significantly extend the life of your washing machine!