Nothing can make a happy family as a vegetable broth stored in the fridge all ready to use on a cold winter night. Last night I got a little cold on my way back to work, and my first thought was hot soup prepared at the table. I said to myself – Why not make that happen
Too bad my husband was working late, but also remember that I have some leftover vegetables from the day before, so decided to take a bold step. I was dying to make a vegetable broth.
knew I could get easily from the nearest supermarket, but I did not want. Grocery stocks are heavily processed and unhealthy. They are basically packeted powders with salt and flavors.
And a perfect homemade soup broth requires a perfect home. I want to share a secret with you. You not even have to worry about buying vegetables times. That’s exactly what I did last night. But, of course, I had prepared my leftovers in the fridge, and some people tend to keep these in the freezer for the sole purpose of making vegetable stock. I ended up using my action for the prefect soup and had a lovely time with my family.
There are several ways to prepare this vegetable broth, so feel free to change whatever is necessary according to your taste. The action virtually kitchen itself, but it is important to spend a couple of minutes saute the vegetables.
In terms of the cutting process, they do not have to cut the vegetables into large pieces as it also needs maximum flavor you can get to train with the help of boiling water. Moreover, it is also bad for snacks overboard and vegetables. Balance is crucial here. Once prepared, the vegetable broth can be stored in the refrigerator for three days and up to 3 months in the freezer.
What you can put in the pot?
As I discovered earlier in the text, you do not need the best vegetables in the world to prepare an action. The truth is that you can use leftovers and finish leftover vegetables you have stored in the refrigerator at the time.
For example, stalks of asparagus are very good for freezing. Of course ends cut hard and throw them away, so now is a good time to save some space in the freezer and reconsider things. Other good leftovers are onion and garlic skins, but be careful not to put something that could give bitter taste.
feel free to use vegetables such as celery, onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms, pepper and some herbs as well, including thyme or parsley. Some special ingredients could include leeks, sweet potato, pumpkin, corn cobs or, depending on your desires sweet taste. If you have an Asian soup, which will certainly have to add some of the following :. Turmeric, ginger, coriander, star anise, lemongrass or
Despite all the choice you have, there are certain vegetables that you should never put. Those are cabbage, broccoli, because of its bitter taste when simmered for a long time as well as purple carrot and beet because of its strong color.
Why is it so good?
Using vegetables prevail with minerals and phytonutrients. Also it will end detoxified of anti-inflammatory foods such as ginger and garlic. Antiviral herbs will help get rid of toxins and increase your metabolism all.
How to make homemade vegetable Stock
you will need 15 minutes to prepare for this meal, while about 60 minutes to cook. That gives a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes to make your life better!
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces;
- 6 halved button mushrooms, quartered or (depending on size);
- 4 gloves of garlic (peeled / unpeeled) cut in half (optional);
- 1 large onion, cut into pieces;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into 1-inch pieces;
- knowledge 1 inch ginger, cut into strips;
- 1 teaspoon fried (or thyme) rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- 1 teaspoon olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns;
- calluses 5 of allspice, lightly crushed;
- 10-12 cups of water.
1. Roughly chop the vegetables: this means it is necessary to wash them very well, but it is not necessary to peel them, as mentioned above. Feel free to leave onion skin as well!
2. Prepare a large to support all vegetables pot. Heat the oil and add salt and onions first. And saute onions wait to get a golden brown at the edges.
3. Then add the garlic and ginger and saute again for about a minute or two.
4. Add the rosemary, bay leaf, pepper, carrots, mushrooms, all spices, and saute celery and again. Stir every 3-5 minutes.
5. At this point, you are ready to add the water and begin the process of simmering. It is important to add the right amount of water. Some people prefer less water than usual. This only means that your actions will be a little more concentrated, flavorful. If more water is added action will be slightly flavored.
6. As soon as you notice bubbling at the edges of the pot, means that the boiling point is reached, and you have to turn the heat to medium-low (simmering).
7. Leave the pot over low heat for an hour without agitation or do anything.
8. An hour later, take the pot off the heat and stir the vegetables with a slotted spoon. You can also use a cheese cloth or coffee filter if necessary.
9. Pour the broth into containers and cooled before freezing.
Its action is ready for immediate use or are ready to put in the freezer! It corresponds to the time of use, but you can always count on him to help you make the best soup or broth for your family or friends.