soup nourishes the body, especially when it is full of metabolism-boosting, detoxifying nutrients like this creamy soup broccoli . Recently, I had a chance encounter with the best cream of broccoli soup I ever had.
turns out that broccoli is one of the best vegetables for your health and useful to prevent cancer care.
broccoli contains a high concentration of sulforaphane, a compound that is often found in cruciferous vegetables that provides strong anti-cancer
sulforaphane occurs when myrosinase enzyme reacts with glucoraphanin -. a reaction that occurs when the mixture of two compounds, often caused by chewing plant. young broccoli sprouts are rich in glucoraphanin, and therefore have a high potential for the production of sulforaphane.
In basic terms, the mix of nutrients in broccoli can produce cancer-preventive properties in your body. People at high risk of cancer, especially prostate or colon cancer, should increase their dietary intake of broccoli. But it is not as simple as that. It’s not just what you eat, but how you eat.
The recipe and the method used to cook broccoli dramatically affect the health benefits it produces. Before producing sulforaphane, there must be a reaction involving the enzyme myrosinase.
However, cooking methods such as boiling or destroy the myrosinase enzymes microwave, inhibition of reaction and reduce the health value of broccoli. The aim is to prepare broccoli such a way that retains all its enzymes and nutrients.
Usually, when the creamy broccoli soup is done, the myrosinase enzymes are lost during simmering. So this time, after vaporize slightly broccoli for three to five minutes, leave out all the green foil, and save it for the last step of the recipe -. Outbreaks of leaves is where you perform the myrosinase enzymes
curcumin apparently is useful for all cancers
Among the most exciting benefits of turmeric is its potent activity against cancer. Curcumin is compatible with its use against cancer of any other nutrients, including vitamin D!
As noted by Dr. William LaValley-one of the leading cancer doctors natural medicine I have interviewed previously in this topic-curcumin is unique because it appears to be universally useful for almost any type of cancer.
this is strange, considering the fact that cancer is composed of a wide variety of different molecular pathologies. One reason for this universal tendency to fight against cancer is the ability of curcumin to affect multiple molecular targets through multiple pathways.
Once enters a cell, which affects more than 100 different molecular pathways. And, as explained by Dr. LaValley, if the molecule curcumin causes an increase in the activity of a particular molecular target, or reduction / inhibition of the activity, studies repeatedly show that the end result is a potent anticancer activity .
Moreover, curcumin is not toxic and does not adversely affect healthy cells, suggesting that selectively targeted to cancer-all cells which are clear benefits in the treatment of cancer. Research has even shown that works synergistically with certain chemotherapy drugs, improving the elimination of cancer cells
Creamy Recipe Broccoli Soup
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups organic broccoli, including stems, to a florets side after steaming
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk organic
- 2 teaspoons organic turmeric
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. saute celery and onion for four minutes, until softened.
- Add the potatoes and broccoli stems, stir fry for two minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and almond milk, bring to a boil.
- Add turmeric, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for about twenty minutes.
- When simmered and softened vegetables, pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth
- Serve soup and garnish each plate with plenty of feta cheese and broccoli sprouts – .. that allows sulforaphane production reaction
- more or less than six servings.