Platelets can be defined as those parts of our blood that help the clotting of blood. They are smaller among the blood cells, much smaller than red blood cells or white blood cells. Platelets are present in large amounts in our body. Millions of platelet function to keep us healthy and fit.
Why are important platelets?
Whenever the blood vessels are damaged in the body, platelets are joined together so that the bleeding stops. Platelets help blood clotting in the damaged site. Whenever you get cuts and bruises, start working platelets to clot blood at the site of the wound so that it can stop bleeding.
What is the normal platelet count?
A normal or healthy count platelets varies from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per micro liter of blood. When a person has less than 150,000 platelets, the condition known as thrombocytopenia. If the platelet count 450,000 passes over then platelets is called thrombocytosis. The platelet count anyone can be known through a blood test laboratory.
Since we are talking about remedies low platelet count, which goes beyond the issue of thrombocytopenia here.
What causes low platelet count?
There are three main causes, because the number of platelets decreases and goes below the normal count:
- enough platelets are not being made in the bone marrow
- platelets it is destroyed in the patient’s bloodstream
- platelets are being destroyed in the spleen or liver
Now, why these platelets are destroyed? The reasons include:
- Certain medications
- Autoimmune disorders
- Certain cancers, such as leukemia or lymphoma
- Chemotherapy is provided for treat cancer
- kidney problems, including disorders and infections
- excessive alcohol consumption
What are the symptoms of a low platelet count?
At the same experience easy bruising or gums, nose, frequent bleeding, or gastrointestinal tract, it can go on the test platelet counts. This is when you have a low platelet count, which is below 150,000. If your platelet count below, below 50,000, you may bleed due to their daily activities as well.
What is the treatment for a low platelet count?
If you have a mild thrombocytopenia, you may not need any treatment, but it is a good idea to consult your doctor. However, if you have a serious or chronic thrombocytopenia, treatment should be based on the causes of the low platelet count is necessary. Treatment for low blood platelet counts usually includes the following:
- Treatment of the underlying cause of low platelet count
- blood or platelet transfusion
- Medication to increase platelet count. Sometimes with corticosteroids or even stronger medications they are prescribed when the condition is due to problems in the immune system.
- Surgery (splenectomy). If platelets are being destroyed in the spleen and the treatment does not work, your doctor may suggest surgery to remove the spleen.
- Plasma exchange is performed in cases of medical emergency
How to increase the platelet count naturally?
When you want to naturally increase your low platelet count, there are only two remedies- food and lifestyle!
While we must avoid certain foods that cause decrease in platelets, which must include these foods in your diet that are useful for increasing the platelet count to normal. More on lifestyle changes later. First find out what foods to eat to increase platelet count.
But before knowing these foods, we will know this fact-apart from the food, there are certain ingredients that are believed to significantly increase the number of platelets. These are the herbal remedies for platelets.
herbal remedies to increase a low level of platelets
papaya leaf juice low platelet count
juice from the leaves of the papaya it had been traditionally used by many older drugs, such as Ayurveda to treat thrombocytopenia and other conditions that cause low platelet count as dengue fever. In recent times, many scientific studies have also been conducted to know about the effectiveness of papaya leaf extract. An experiment conducted in 2013 in mice in Sri Lanka, found that fresh leaf extract of Carica papaya significantly increases platelet and red blood cells. Only in 2013, another study was conducted in Malaysia to investigate the increase in property platelets Carica papaya leaves juice in patients with dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever. The study concluded that papaya leaf juice significantly increased platelet counts in patients with dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever.
How to make leaf juice papaya to increase the platelet count
- Papaya leaves- 2-3
- Honey (optional) – 1-2 teaspoons
Do the following:
- Wash papaya leaves properly
- Chop the leaves
- Crush using mortar way and pestle or whatever. You get a paste of papaya leaves.
- Using a cloth or press your palms, juicing pulp papaya leaves.
- have this juice.
- Repeat at least twice a day.
- If you find this bitter leaf juice papaya and can not have, add a little honey and then have it.
Herbal Remedy to increase Giloy low platelet count
Ayurveda also speaks of another herb, Giloy, who miraculously increase the platelet count. Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), also known as Amrita has anti-rheumatic, anti-bacterial and anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory actions. the immune system is strengthened effectively. It is said that this herb to increase the destructiveness of macrophages in the body that are responsible for the fight against microorganisms and foreign bodies. The stem of the plant Giloy is used to extract the juice that helps increase the platelet count in the body.
How to make juice Giloy to increase the platelet count
- Giloy stems (4-5 cm long) – 4-5
- Tulsi (holy basil) – 4-5
- glass water 2-3
- Giloy stems Soak in water overnight.
- Boil these soak the stems and leaves of tulsi in about 2-3 glasses of water until the amount is still half of its original amount.
- let it cool.
- HAVE 2-3 times a day
Wheatgrass to increase low platelet count
Benefits of wheatgrass They are no longer a secret. Rich in chlorophyll, minerals like magnesium, selenium, zinc, chromium, and antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin E, C, B12 and iron, folic acid, pyridoxine and various other minerals, amino acids and enzymes, wheatgrass has been accepted as one of the super herbs of our time. It has excellent nutritional and medicinal value along with having anti-anemic properties. All this grass juice brand one of the best remedies for the low platelet count. In 2011, a study by the International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Life Sciences concluded that wheatgrass juice shows a beneficial effect on thrombocytopenia, greatly increasing the platelet count.
How juicing wheatgrass to increase the platelet count
- wheatgrass (cut into pieces) – 1/2 cup
- mortar and pestle or blender or juicer wheatgrass
- colander or sieve
Do the following:
- wheatgrass Rinse thoroughly. If you see mold, discard it and get a new batch.
- chop the wheatgrass rinsed or so. You must have at least half a cup of chopped wheat grass.
- Now using a mortar, crush wheat grass for the pasta.
- You can also use a blender or a juicer specifically designed for juicing wheatgrass. Normal juicer not be able to extract juice from wheatgrass.
- If wheatgrass juicer is not used, a colander or sieve is needed to press and juicing wheatgrass crushed.
- Dilute the juice with water and have it
- Have 2-3 servings of wheatgrass in a day.
Aloe Vera for low platelets
Aloe Vera has over 200 active components including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, polysaccharides and fatty acids! Ayurveda and many other traditional medicines believe in aloe vera as one of the miraculous herb that nature provides. It has disinfectant, anti-biotics, anti-microbial, germicidal, anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal and anti-viral. It also increases the immune system. The polysaccharides present in the aloe vera gel stimulate macrophages that combat viruses and other foreign bodies. The antioxidant aloe vera also makes it an effective remedy to boost low platelet count.
How to make aloe vera juice to increase the platelet count
- Aloe vera leaf- 1.4 to 1.2
Do the following:
- wash aloe leaf and discard their outer shell with a sharp knife
- removing aloe gel from the inside of the blade scraping with a knife
- Blend gel, if necessary, with a little water.
- have this twice a day.
based Super grinder plant and platelet count
At the moment, the previous four herbs are the most effective ingredients that can increase the platelet count faster. If you mix all these four juices and have a day 1-2 times a day, this will be the best remedy for a low platelet count. You can even add some flavors like lemon juice, along with a little honey to make a delicious juice.
- 02.01 Papaya leaf-
- Wheatgrass (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Giloy juice (do as described above) – ½ cup
- The aloe vera gel ½ cup
- lemon juice (optional) – 2-3 teaspoon
- Honey (optional) – 2-3 teaspoon
Do the following:
- Rinse and crush the leaves of papaya and wheatgrass and extract their juice.
- Mix aloe vera gel with a little water if necessary.
- Combine papaya leaf juice, wheat grass juice, aloe vera juice and juice Giloy.
- If the lemon juice and honey is used, add to this mix the juice and mix well.
- have this 1-2 times a day.
Foods to increase platelet count
Their diet is basically needs to be an anti-inflammatory diet that reduces oxidative stress and inflammation. Foods rich in antioxidants are best for those who suffer from low platelet count.
containing vitamin K rich foods
The platelet disorder Support Association recommends a contractionary macrobiotic diet that includes foods such as green leafy vegetables that are rich in vitamin K. Vitamin K is understood for blood clotting and also has anti-inflammatory properties. As you know, inflammation can also cause platelet destruction. You, therefore, need to have anti-inflammatory foods. Having those foods that are rich in vitamin K. This vitamin helps increase platelet count and helps platelets stick together so that they can effectively blood clots when needed.
- green leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce and parsley
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower
contains vitamin B9 rich foods
vitamin B9 or folic acid plays an important role in the process of cell division. Platelets are cells and this vitamin can help increase by cell division. In fact, folic acid deficiency can also lead to low platelet count.
- whole grain
Having foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
Omega 3 fatty acids have been undoubtedly accepted as one of the best sources of anti-inflammatory diet. They also stimulate the immune system and thus are effective in increasing the platelet count.
- flaxseed and its oil
eating antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables
When someone suffers from low platelets, often due to an immune response to platelets. Doctors usually prescribe steroids in conditions that are immunosuppressive. They also prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs. As such, an anti-inflammatory diet should also be useful when it comes to support the immune system of one. They have plenty of fruits and vegetables that are a rich source of antioxidants.
- Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- Red Guava
- vegetables dark green
- Sweet potatoes
- orange vegetables like squash and pumpkin
- green tea
- Sugar beet and its juice
Problem Foods for low count platelets
Some foods are not good when you suffer from low platelet count. These foods cause low platelets. By eliminating these problem foods from your diet, you can help increase the platelet count. The most common offenders are foods that contain quinine, such as tonic water, soda lime and bitter melon; aspartame is present in diet soda, sugar and low in fat sweets, cakes, etc.; and alcohol which means beer, wine or liquor.
avoid foods containing quinine
Quinine is the bitter tasting powder derived from the bark of the cinchona tree. You may have heard his name in reference to the treatment of malaria. Quinine is also used to treat nocturnal leg cramps. However, potential side effects of quinine are much more than its benefits. One of the side effects of quinine is decreased platelets. Therefore, avoid beverages and foods containing even small amounts of quinine.
- Tonic water (a bitter liquid used as a mixture for alcoholic beverages)
- Bitter lemon and lime (which are produced by many companies and contain tonic water)
avoid foods containing aspartame
aspartame, as you know, is the most popular low-calorie sweetener. And to bust the myth, is not free of calories as claimed by diet foods that use aspartame as an ingredient. In addition to adversely affect platelets, but also causes cancer. So avoid low calorie and sugar-free drinks, as almost all contain aspartame.
- Diet soda
- Energy drinks
- coffee aromas
- Protein Shakes
- flavored milk and juices and other flavored drinks
- glasses of low-fat yogurt, pudding, gelatin and fruit may contain aspartame
- Ice cream, pops frozen fruit, candy and chewing gum may also contain aspartame
- without candy sugar, such as mints, syrups and jellies may also contain aspartame
- tomato sauce, dressings, sauces and marinades can also contain aspartame
- aspartame you may also be present in certain prescription and nonprescription drugs
always read the ingredient label to make sure that what you eat does not have aspartame.
avoid gluten when low platelet count is due to autoimmune diseases
celiac disease is an autoimmune disease of the small intestine caused by a reaction cross to the gluten in wheat, barley, rye, and other grains has been associated with low platelets. Gluten sensitivity is also an autoimmune disorder that can lead to low levels of platelets. So avoid foods containing gluten, if you suffer from this type of autoimmune diseases.
- oats are processed in plants that produce gluten-containing grains (Avena themselves not contain gluten)
therefore, along with an anti-inflammatory diet, you also need to have gluten-free diet if your low platelet count is due to autoimmune disease.
Other food and lifestyle tips to increase platelet count
Initially, when we talk about the remedies for low platelet count, it was said that the power and style life are two aspects that can help positively in the platelet count. In fact, food is also a part of your lifestyle. What, when and how you eat, everything depends on your lifestyle. With certain changes in eating habits and lifestyle can increase the platelet count faster.
- Get adequate sleep and rest. Stress negatively affects your platelet count.
- have at least one serving of vegetables daily green leaf.
- eliminate junk food and processed foods, along with problem foods discussed above, from your diet.
- a healthy diet that includes a lot of organic foods, fruits and vegetables.
- Every time you have raw food, wash thoroughly. This will remove any parasites or viruses that can result in low levels of platelets. The toxic chemicals used in various chemicals and pesticides, as well as processed foods can inhibit the growth of new platelets.
- Instead of eating raw vegetables when you have a low platelet count, may also consider lightly steamed vegetables to aid digestion. This also will not damage your intestinal lining.
- Having cod liver oil or linseed oil. Reduce inflammation and also improve blood circulation.
- reduce the consumption of foods that can interfere with blood clotting, such as onions, tomatoes, grapes, garlic, ginger, etc.
- Avoid having refined sugars, saturated fats, processed foods and grains, as well as carbonated beverages, as these foods can cause platelets decreased.
- also avoid dairy products, alcohol and food additives, while the platelet count is low.
- Take steps to improve your immune system.
- Exercise regularly, but be careful in doing so. Cardiovascular exercises like walking or swimming, and strength training exercises help improve blood circulation. But also stimulate the immune system. Both are good when it comes to increasing the platelet count. However, no excess is exhausted. When the platelet count is low, you may experience fatigue soon. Fatigue and overexertion can make you more susceptible to injury. Avoid this situation.
- With a low platelet count, which should be protected from scrapes, cuts and bruises. Be careful, even while walking. Wear good shoes that fit with traction.
- Avoid having excess counter medications. Many of them increases the risk of bleeding. Talk to your doctor before taking any medication.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help you stay hydrated. In a hydrated state, your body can function better. This can also ensure the training of enough platelets.
While you should exercise and stay active with care, you should also take a break and sleep properly, so that helps your body to increase your immunity. In addition to proper diet, these small changes in lifestyle can help you increase your low platelet count to a healthy level. Maintain a positive attitude and work towards achieving this goal!
how to increase breast size in tamil pdf |