Do you feel sleepy all day? It is not able to sleep at night? Do you have trouble staying awake during meetings? Nodding yes to the above questions? Do not worry you’re not alone. Several people are suffering with this problem. But it’s time to take some action or else your health may be at risk.
The good and sound sleep is often referred to as one of the cornerstones of health. When we say that a good sleep, is not the amount that matters but the quality.
Why sleep issues …
Sleep is a mysterious change in consciousness, where your body and brain relaxed to prepare for the challenges and struggles of the next day. A disturbed sleep has adverse effects on the performance of not only the next day, but health is the one in the game.
interrupted sleep or sleep problems can
- weaken the immune system
- increase the risk of anxiety and depression
- increase the risk of cancer and heart disease
- Accelerating high blood pressure and pre-diabetic state
- decrease the ability of problem solving
- affect physical and mental tasks
- affect weight control
- decreased concentration and motivation
- interfere with the production of growth hormone
concerned? Take the initiative today to have quality sleep and can get revive health disorders quickly. Sleep quality is often measured by the sleep-wake cycle.
The Wake Sleep Cycle:
In a sleep-wake cycle, there are two different stages -. Slow-wave sleep, REM
The slow-wave sleep – During this phase, the body completely relaxes, blood pressure decreases and the brain becomes less sensitive. This phase is very essential for the repair and renewal of the body. Growth hormone releasing pituitary gland during this phase that ensures to stimulate growth and tissue repair. It also repairs the weakened immune system.
REM sleep – During this brain dreams phase, delete irrelevant information, re-organizes information, enhances memory and improves neuronal growth and learning
cycle. slow wave helps to physically recover while REM sleep helps to recover mentally. A good sleep ensures that these two cycles are completed.
Tips for sleeping well
- Follow consistent schedule – Following a schedule of sleep-wake constant helps your body to organize again his watch and improve sleep quality. Avoid sleeping overtime during weekends and holidays. If you have trouble sleeping at night, avoid taking naps during the day. Do not fall asleep right after dinner. Take at least 2 hours gap before going to bed after dinner.
- Establish an environment that induces sleep in his bedroom – Creating a sleep environment ensures uninterrupted sleep. Your bedroom should be moderately cool, free of noise and very low light. Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable. Consider using blackout shades room, earplugs and eye masks to sleep better.
- Lighten dinner – Eating or drinking too heavy meals before bedtime can make you feel uncomfortable and decrease sleep quality. Avoid drinking, smoking, caffeine consumption improves sleep quality. Beware of spicy foods and foods that are hard to digest. A 2 hours between sleep and is recommended by many doctors.
- Exercise regularly – Regular exercise helps your body to release toxins, maintain weight and improve sleep quality. Never exercise before going to bed. If you are working out at night, try to finish 4 hours before going to bed.
- Make a sleep routine – A bedtime routine relaxing helps your body to sleep separate daily activities again. Try reading a book or listening to music that induces sleep in you. Do not perform stimulating activities such as work, reading books of adventure or mystery, listen to rock or rap music and other disturbing their sleep. Taking hot shower also helps you sleep well.
Apart from the councils have also come up with some home remedies you can try to get adequate sleep. These methods help your body relax and improve sleep quality.
1. Massage Oil
The massage helps nerves to relax and improve blood circulation, induce sleep.
- Take a small amount of coconut oil or warm mustard oil.
- rub it on your neck, shoulders, feet and back.
- Continue massaging for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Massage regularly before going to bed.
2. Deep Sleep Spa
- Magnesium sulfate present in Epsom salt relieves pain in muscles and nerves which in turn encourage sleep deep. Add 1 1/2 cups of Epsom salt to warm bathwater. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Or you can add a few drops of lavender oil in hot water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Or mix a few drops of lavender oil in 1 tablespoon olive oil and rub it on the bottom of each foot before going to bed.
- repeat any of the remedies spa 3 times a week for one hour before going to bed.
3. tea to improve sleep quality
- Mix 2 tablespoons dried chamomile tea in a cup of hot water. Let stand for 5 minutes and strain. Add 1 tablespoon honey and a pinch of cinnamon tea. Having hot tea.
- Let stand valerian root in hot water and a few minutes. Strain, add honey and consume.
- Mix 1 teaspoon dried lemon balm in 1 cup hot water. After 10 minutes sneaks to drink.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dried catnip for hot water. After 10 minutes, strain, add honey and consume hot.
- tea taken 1 hour before going to bed.
- taken regularly to improve sleep quality.
4. Improving smell to induce sleep
- jasmine flowers reduce stress, tension and improve sleep quality. Put some jasmine flowers near your bed or pillow to induce sleep.
- Sprinkle camphor powder inside your bedroom. This helps deep sleep without discomfort.
- lavender not only increases the quality of sleep, but also helps people feel refreshed in the morning. Put 1 or 2 drops of essential oil on a cloth or handkerchief and place it near your pillow.
5. sleep-inducing drinks
- Drink 1 glass of warm milk 1 hour before going to bed.
- For best results, mix 1 ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon honey in a glass of warm milk. Drink daily 1 hour before going to bed.
- Consume 1 cup cherry juice 2 times daily acid. If you do not like the taste of the juice, then eat a handful of cherries 2 hours before going to bed.
- Eat banana 1 hour before going to bed. Or eat a banana milk shake one hour before going to bed.
Choose any of the home remedies and use their maximum benefits following regularly. As we have mentioned already exercise regularly, here we are presenting some yoga postures that improve sleep quality. Include them in your regular workout routine.
The yoga postures to improve sleep quality
- Hastapadasana or bending forward – This asana or yoga posture helps to stretch the back muscles, revitalizes the nervous system and increases blood circulation
- marjariasana or cat Stretch -. This yoga posture increases the flexibility of the spine, massages digestive organs, improves digestion and relaxes the mind
- . Shishuasana or the child have – This yoga pose helps to stretch the deep back that helps relax the nervous system so you can sleep in peace
- Baddha Konasana or butterfly pose -. This yoga pose removes fatigue caused due to stand or walk for long hours
- Viparita Karani, or legs up the wall pose. -. This is an excellent yoga posture to relieve stress, tired legs, mild headache and increase the blood supply
How much sleep is necessary
really it depends on lack of sleep and age of the person. But in general, for adults it is 7 to 9 hours for teens is 8 to 10 hours of school children that is 10 to 11 hours and more these babies. Sleep for hours or so both can harm your health. If you are sleeping less or more than what is required then concentrate on what needs to be done to adjust.
Log your daily sleep schedules, issues that disturb your sleep and others in a dairy to observe your sleep pattern. This helps to assess the problem and find the perfect solution for it. Despite following the advice above methods and, if you still face problems sleeping, then you have to visit a doctor for proper treatment.
If you have any other tips that work to induce proper sleep and then share it with us. If you have questions, write your comments to us.