Cold sores or fever blisters or oral herpes is a viral infection that appears as small fluid-filled blisters, painful, which usually occur in and around the lips, nose, chin and mouth. It is caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV – 1) which in turn is closely related to HSV – 2 (causes genital herpes). This inflamed blisters break before oozes a liquid from her and cleans itself with one or two weeks.
This cold sores are contagious virus and can spread easily from one person to another through personal contact, such as kissing, oral sex, etc. Remember, there is no complete cure for HSV infection. Although cold sores are treated but the virus (which causes this cold sore) remains dormant in your system. When you feel sick, stress or immune system gets down, then it appears again in the body.
However, to get rid of cold sores quickly and to reduce repetition frequency, then you have to follow an incredible and very effective home remedy called garlic. This is an easy house available ingredient that has many wonderful natural properties for healing of canker sores.
Garlic for cold sores:
Garlic, which is available in every kitchen that is not only used to improve the taste of your kitchen, but also helps a lot in protecting your Health. It has many properties that have to do with a lot of health problems. Reaching cold sores, garlic is very effective remedy for treatment than any other natural home remedy. He also will agree to this, if you go through this in detail message.
Here is the list of properties that are explained in detail on how the garlic is used to treat cold sores undoubtedly like garlic is good for cold sores (or) not treats cold sores in your mind.
- Garlic has anti-bacterial properties that help kill bacteria to disinfect and accelerate the healing process.
- contains a compound called indole – 3 -. Carbinol (I3C) that helps boost the immune system which in turn helps a lot in the fight against bacteria or virus that causes cold sores these
- has anti – oxidant property that helps a lot in healing canker sores on the skin
- has strong antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that make a miracle in healing of canker sores. It has the ability to penetrate deep into the layers of skin and clears the root cause to prevent cold sores skin completely.
- has a chemical compound called allicin, which helps reduce inflammation and thereby accelerate the healing process.
- contains a compound known as Kyolic which is well known for its anti-viral properties to accelerate the healing process of canker sores.
- The enzymes of this herb garlic has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic certainly help speed up the healing time or recovery of active lesions for the treatment of herpes lip.
- has anti-inflammatory property that helps reduce swelling, pain and inflammation caused by cold sores.
- has rich amount of vitamin B6, which is primarily responsible for the production of antibiotics which in turn is fighting infection and disease. This vitamin is also widely used to strengthen the nervous system and the immune system, thus fighting cold sores from the inside out to get complete healing of the herpes virus.
- Regular application of this garlic (in any form) in the cold sore affected areas of the skin will certainly help to heal the pain by reducing the intensity and pain. Not only kills the herpes virus during the eruption, but also helps strengthen the immune system to eliminate future outbreaks.
Garlic can be used as best home remedy to treat many different types of ailments. However, the use of garlic is very effective in treating cold sores, because of its medicinal properties that help kill the virus and thus cold sores will heal quickly.
The mentioned below are some of the effective methods garlic explains on how to use garlic to treat cold sores. But be sure to follow these methods regularly until he received complete relief of cold sore, but not for single use.
Method – 1: (Garlic cloves)
- Take a few cloves of garlic and crush or itching properly.
- Applying these cloves garlic, crushed or chopped in the areas of cold sores affected skin.
- let stand for a few minutes without disturbing it.
- Or can rub directly on the cold sore for about 2 -. 3 times a day to speed the healing process
- Rinse thoroughly with water after removing the cloves in cold sores.
Method – 2: (Garlic Paste)
- cloves garlic – 3-4
- mortar and pestle or lime
- first, take a few cloves of garlic.
- place in mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
- crush properly by adding a little water in it to make pasta.
- Apply this paste on the areas that are affected with cold sores.
- let it sit for a few minutes and then remove the paste on the cold sore area.
- contact, wash it properly with water and dry the skin.
- regular monitoring of this process will certainly help clarify canker sores on the skin.
Method – 3: (Garlic cloves)
- Take garlic and carry out their newly tooth.
- Place these nails in your mouth and start eating properly.
- Or you can add these cloves of garlic in the kitchen as soups, salads, sauces, salsas, bread, etc., in your daily diet to cure the pain quickly.
- For more effective and quick to cure cold sores, you have to eat the cloves of garlic a day to stimulate the immune system and thus to get rid of canker sores on the skin completely.
Method – 4: (garlic oil)
- Garlic oil
- Olive oil
- cotton ball (optional)
- Take equal amounts (few drops) of oil, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Stir well and apply this in the areas of cold sores affected skin, either with the help of cotton ball or your fingers.
- Mix garlic oil with olive oil helps reduce irritation or burning sensation on the skin caused.
- let it sit for a few minutes to oil observed by pain.
- wash with warm water and dry the skin.
- Or you can leave them overnight by applying it on the sores before going to bed.
- Or you can use pure coconut oil in place of olive oil to get relief from canker sores.
- Continue implementation of this garlic -. Olive oil in cold sores regularly to get complete relief from the sores
Method – 5: (Garlic Paste as Mask)
- garlic cloves
- first, prepare a garlic paste by mixing a few cloves of garlic with a little of water therein.
- Then, take a small amount of this garlic paste and apply this on and around the mouth ulcers as a thin layer.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes and then wash with water.
- repeat the same process regularly to completely cure cold sores on the skin.
Method – 6: (garlic cream cocoa)
This process is one of the easiest to apply garlic in cold sore for prevention ways. It helps reduce the risk of reinfection why, because the left over pasta in it after all these vials discarded was completely healed.
- garlic paste
- balm lip empty
- Start the process by taking garlic paste well.
- Place the garlic paste into an empty container lip protector.
- Apply this on the affected areas of cold sores skin.
- I leave it for more effective results, apply this at night before going to bed.
- Let stand overnight and without disturbing it.
- But be sure to discard the pulp left over after this blister has healed completely.
- do this same process of applying lip balm regularly garlic until erased the skin ulcer.
Method – 7: (Garlic slices)
- Take a clove of garlic and peel it off of the skin.
- cut it into slices with a knife.
- put this slice fresh garlic in cold sores affected areas of the skin.
- hold it for a few minutes until it stops itching sensation on the skin.
- then remove the garlic and gently wash with warm soapy water.
- Dry the skin to remove the infection.
- reapplying slice of fresh garlic on cold sores for about 2 to 3 times a day to get rid of it
Method – 8:. (Garlic juice)
- garlic juice – 1 teaspoon
- cotton swab
- Take a small bowl and pour the juice of garlic (you may prefer valley farms garlic cold pressed garlic spray or a pouring or homemade) in it.
- Next, take a cotton swab and dip it in the garlic juice.
- DAB this swab around the cold sore.
- let it sit for a few minutes and rinse.
- Dry skin to get relief from canker sores.
- regularize the application of this garlic juice on the cold sores to clear skin completely.
Method – 9: (garlic with avocado)
Both of these ingredients are vitamin E and garlic also has anti-viral properties property that helps to improve the nutritional level and therefore the immune system to fight the herpes virus.
- Garlic (crushed or chopped or oil or juice)
- mashed avocado
- Take a little garlic and mashed avocado in a small bowl.
- mix well and consume to get rid of cold sores.
- Regular consumption definitely a better result on cold sores is obtained.
Method – 10: (Ajo water)
This process helps heal cold sores from inside.
- cloves garlic – 2-3
- Water – 1 cup
- take a few cloves of garlic and crush or mix to be fine paste.
- Add the water and mix well until the garlic paste mixed with water properly.
- Drink this water to get relief from canker sores.
- keep drinking this water garlic regularly to get complete relief not only from cold sores, but also of many other health problems built.
Method – 11: (The garlic and honey in cold sores)
Honey has antibiotic properties and helps soothe irritated skin area cold sores. Garlic has anti-viral properties property which helps kill the herpes virus that causes cold sores.
- cloves garlic – 2-3
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Take cloves garlic, finely and crush to make it stick.
- Add the garlic paste of honey in a small bowl.
- Shake well and apply this mixture on the affected areas of cold sores skin.
- let it sit for a few minutes until completely dried.
- wash with water to clean the applied paste with the viral infection.
- Apply this mixture of garlic and honey regularly to get rid of cold sores.
garlic capsules / pills for Cold Sores:
is an alternative method of using garlic to treat cold sores. If you are unable to consume or use these cloves of garlic in the affected areas of skin sores herpes because of its smell or stinging sensation on the skin, then just go with this garlic supplements as capsules. Taking two garlic supplements per day will give the same result as applying clove of raw garlic on the affected skin area.
However there is no specification in their exact amounts in milligrams, but most garlic supplements will either 500 mg or 1000 mg tablets. So for a safe side, start with 1000 mg per day to get rid of cold sores. However, be sure to consult your doctor before using these supplements garlic for cold sores, as they may interact with other medicines.
Tips and precautions to be followed while using this garlic for a cold sore:
However, following these tips and precautions will give the best results, secure and easy, without side effects .
- When will apply the garlic, be sure that could cause some stinging or burning sensation in the skin so as it is powerful / acidic in nature.
- Regular chewing garlic for more than 2 teeth cause some gastrointestinal effects due to their chemicals.
- bad breath, intestinal gas, bloating and nausea is caused, if taken regularly. Especially if you are taking garlic pills she is warned by the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- You can interact with certain medications such as blood thinners, so always consult your doctor before taking garlic as a remedy for cold sores, especially if any anticoagulant medication is used.
- Be careful when using garlic juice (fresh) in the skin, you have to keep away from eyes or otherwise garlic juice causes irritation to the eyes.
- Avoid direct application of garlic without mixing with water, if you have sensitive skin why, because it causes some stinging or burning sensation along with skin discomfort.
- However, the application of garlic (which is slightly acidic) on cold sores be painful, but regular application will reduce the pain caused by it and the infection caused by the herpes sores.
- can also take garlic supplements twice a day starting with 1000 mg per day and then gradually increase the amount.
- sure to wash your hands after applying the garlic in cold sore to avoid spreading the infection to other parts or others.
- If you are pregnant or nursing women, then you should consult your doctor before taking this garlic to treat any medical condition to prevent side effects caused by it. Or ask your doctor if you are using this garlic for the child that are less than 8 years to know the proper dosage and other information related to garlic for cold sores in children.
- Or you can also apply garlic as a lip balm to cure cold sores on the lips. To do this, you have to take a clove of fresh garlic and cut one end. Use this tooth as a lip balm applying the cut end on the lip. Rub gently to extract the juice on the lips. Remember that may sting a little, but erases the cold sore quickly than any other resource.
- Not only is the use of these remedies garlic, but you have to consume foods that strengthens the immune system, have hygiene, try to lead a life less stress by doing yoga and meditation, avoiding triggers that cause cold sores to achieve complete healing of herpes labialis.
- If you find any problems like heartburn or acid reflux, while the consumption of garlic (more than the normal amount) for the treatment of cold sores, you can simply then take a garlic clove and rub on the soles of the feet. After 20 minutes, the effect of garlic enter the bloodstream and therefore will experience relief from cold sores.
- Be sure to brush your mouth or use mouthwash rinse your mouth, especially if you ate garlic cloves raw to treat cold sores to get rid of bad breath caused by garlic.
All these remedies and tips will give you an excellent cold sore relief. But remember to consult your doctor if you are not cold sore will not heal in a week or two, because it could be an indication of any health problem or have a weakened immune system.
This is all about garlic in the treatment of cold sores. I hope you liked the article and you will definitely give these remedies a trial of garlic for the treatment of cold sores. Or do you know any other method of garlic to cure cold sores. Then they feel to share their experience with us free.