Maybe Lavender is one of the most popular and frequently used herbs worldwide.
This plant has an incredible foliage and fragrant flowers.
But making it grow, the magic of lavender fields can actually be brought into your garden and home.
Lavender can be used to relieve headaches, reduce stress, anxiety and struggle. In addition, this plant should be placed in the bedroom to improve sleep quality.
How to grow lavender Interior
English lavender is the most frequently grown and one of the most resistant choices among all the different types of lavender.
can be found as a young plant or a seed in a daycare center or gardening. It is known as L. officinalis L. vera or.
English lavender has several varieties, including:
- Munstead: This type of lavender is compact, making it a perfect choice for indoor growing. Moreover, its leaves are bright green and has blue flowers. To be more specific, that tolerates high temperatures, and there are also some hybrid varieties that are cold hardy.
- Hidcote: Unlike Munstead, is a rather small range, which is high and slightly wider. The leaves of this plant are grayer, while the flowers have a dark purple amzing.
- it is a fact that this is one of the most aromatic varieties of lavender, which can easily fill an entire room with its extraordinary fragrance.
- Imperial Gem :. has leaves bright silver and thick purple flowers, so this variety is an amazing option than a bouquet of flowers or a centerpiece on a table
- Twickel Purple :. foliage has a green or gray, long purple flowers, and powerful, bright scent
- mini blue: This variety of lavender is one of the smallest, which is an excellent alternative for small rectangular pots. This plant also produces many flowers, and therefore is ideal for brightening up the space and fill it with life option.
dry lavender native Mediterranean coast.
This plant requires 8 hours of full sun, good drainage and good air circulation. If matured, this plant can also tolerate drought.
You foliage does not tolerate moisture, so the soil should dry out between watering and only water the plant at its base.
use a large pot to plant lavender. The pot should have a drainage hole and a lot of loose gravel on the bottom in order to improve the flow of air to the roots of the plant and prevent rot.
When it comes to the earth, lavender likes a mixture of perlite, vermiculite and peat, but tolerates common ground for pots. By placing mulch at the base of the plant should spoil to make a barrier between the soil and foliage freshly watered.
This precious plant does not really need a lot of attention. However, annual pruning lavender prefers.
You start to get woody with time as it is a semi-bush. Note that some wood is good, but too much can destroy the plant.
Furthermore, in order to encourage new growth and to shape the tip of a new plant it should be retained be when it grows and after it blooms.
When lavender is being a half years old, they should be pruned annually by reducing 2 / 3rds of the plant.
lavender plat will go through periods of flowering, which means that not give your flowers a year. But, it has fragrant foliage, so choosing a strong aroma plant will ensure that you can still offer lovely smell even when not in bloom.
When in bloom, lavender has a very strong odor that some people with a sensitive sense of smell may be unpleasant.
If you want to cut flowers for a bouquet, before cutting, it is advisable to wait until the buds are half open, while for drying bouquet, it is recommended to wait until 3/4 of the buds are flowering.
. Note: Lavender can be toxic to pets, so the plant must be placed out of reach of children and pets