SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) – If you celebrated the 4th of July by lighting the fireworks, be sure to discard them correctly.
For the fireworks that you have turned off, make sure they are out and immerse them in water before throwing them away. You can also take the unused fireworks to an installation in the Sioux Falls.
"If you do not need them, take them to dangerous household garbage, do not put them in the trash, do not put them in recycling, be sure to safely dispose of those unused fireworks," TJ Nelson, with the mayor Paul's office TenHaken said.
Leaving your fireworks in hazardous household waste is free.