Tired eyes is a condition that is caused due to excessively strained eyes due to use prolonged and intense eyes restlessly.
usually have tired eyes at the end of a long day of work. When a large part of our work is concentrating with eyes open for extended periods, our eyes are filtered and start to look swollen.
also have tired before going to bed or when we feel very sleepy eyes. When the eyes are very tired, they are smaller in size than the eyelids become heavy and tend to close. Experience vision problems as reduced field and tends to squint and blink in an attempt to keep your eyes open.
The symptoms of tired eyes
Often, we do not even realize that we are driving through the day with tired eyes. Lack of adequate sleep at night can cause the eyes look smaller and this could lead to more eye strain.
The following are typical symptoms of eye fatigue:
- Redness, swelling
- The irritation, dryness
- dark circles
- blurred vision
- back pain and neck pain
Causes of puffy eyes:
Flashing is an exercise for the eyes, like walking is for the legs. During sleep, do not blink your eyes and the eyes swell due to accumulation of fluid in the tissue surrounding skin. This is known as edema. As you wake up and start to blink, our eyes are reduced to normal size after about an hour.
Sometimes, the swelling may be due to some underlying medical conditions, such as a thyroid problem or allergies. It is best to consult a doctor if swelling persists for long. eye infection like pink eye, or conjunctivitis also cause swelling, puffiness and dark circles.
Other causes of puffy and tired eyes:
- The extensive use of the eyes for extended periods, for activities such as reading, writing, and working on a computer or watching television.
- Working in low light or exposure to bright light eyes, also strains the eyes, causing fatigue.
- The most common reasons for eye fatigue observed in these days are due to prolonged use of various digital devices such as laptops, video games and smartphones. This is commonly known as “computer vision syndrome”.
- Excessive sleep or lack of sleep also causes tired eyes.
Some clinical conditions remain recognized and treated also result in eye fatigue. These include:
- Astigmatism :. The curvature of the cornea is abnormal due to a physical or birth injury
- The farsightedness :. objects that are close can not be seen clearly
- dry eye syndrome :. defective lacrimal glands can not produce the quality and the correct amount of tears that translates into a lack of moisture needed for the eyes
- Presbyopia: This is very common in people elderly and occurs with increasing age. The eyes can not see small objects that are very close and you can not read the fine print. Such people use reading glasses as a corrective measure.
These clinical conditions may be genetic, due to lack of proper nutrition or hormonal imbalances.
Normally, eyes flashing 12-15 times in a minute. This is necessary to lubricate the eyes and keep them relaxed and fresh. But while working during reading, which tend to keep your eyes open and blink less than three times in one minute long periods or equipment. This increases productivity, but it takes a toll on our eyes like the eyes is not lubricated enough. This leads to dry eyes, causing irritation and itching.
Home remedies on how to get rid of tired eyes
Take our word for it: Home remedies are the best cure for puffy eyes and eye fatigue. Let’s take a quick look at some of them out:
- fresh sliced vegetables / fruits soothing: Fresh, fresh slices of cucumber when placed over the eyes for about five to 10 minutes make the anti-inflammatory properties of fresh and relaxed cucumber and reduce swelling as well.
- cold strawberry slices also help soften the skin along with the reduction of swelling due to natural alpha-hydroxy acids containing.
- sliced potatoes also help get rid of puffy bags and dark circles under the eyes.
- herbal tea bags herbal tea bags placed on the eyes for about 15 minutes soothe the eyes. Caffeine present in tea bags helps the eyes to regain their normal size and effectively reduces swelling. cold tea bags also tighten the skin and reduce swelling.
- chilled milk cotton pads dipped in chilled milk can be placed on the eyelids for 20-30 minutes. This helps the skin under and around the eyes regain their water retention. It also has a soothing and cooling effect on the eyes. rosewater can also be used instead of milk has natural anti-inflammatory properties and also provides a calming effect.
- Egg white package: The application of a package prepared by mixing beaten egg with two three drops of oil or witch hazel around the eyes improves the appearance of the eyes and provides a tightening effect. This is a good answer to the question: “ How to get rid of tired eyes ” and also delays the formation of wrinkles around the eyes.
- Oils: oils rich in vitamin E can be used to reduce swelling around the eyes. Two to three drops of oil are added to cold water and this solution is used for eyes. You can use cotton balls to apply this solution in the eyes, keep cotton balls soaked in her eyes for about 20 minutes for optimal results.
- spoons cooled in ice water: spoons, cooled in a glass of ice water can be placed in the eye. These are an excellent answer to your question of “How to get rid of tired eyes.” This also helps reduce swelling and effectively reduces fatigue.
How to get rid of tired eyes and dark circles?
- Tomato paste works best to get rid of dark circles.
- cucumber and potato slices not only reduce the swelling, but also act against puffiness, lighten dark skin.
- The application of almond oil around the eyes before going to bed and wash with cold water in the morning for a month, acts effectively in reducing dark circles.
- fresh, crushed mint leaves when applied around the eyes from five to 10 minutes, not only to reduce dark circles, but also soothe the eyes.
- The application of orange juice in combination with glycerin acts effectively to get rid of dark circles. It also smooths and softens the skin around the eyes.
Prevention is better than cure:
Apart from the above mentioned home remedies, the following small steps can help prevent tired eyes and related problems
1. Get enough sleep: Sleep plays an important role when it comes to beauty and health of your eyes. Inadequate sleep also begin to affect your overall health over time to ensure optimal hours of sleep each night.
simple things you can do at work: take small frequent breaks between extended work at least once in an hour. Place the computer screen below eye level at a distance of 20 to 26 inches away from your eyes. The screen must be clean of dust and fingerprints. If possible, it is always best to use an anti-glare filter on the screen. The lighting in the workplace must be comfortable for the eyes.
2. See a doctor :. An ophthalmologist should be visited regularly to keep track of environmental allergens that could be causing swollen, tired eyes
3. Keeping the body hydrated: Dehydration is the primary cause of tired eyes, therefore, drink plenty of water helps a lot in getting rid of the problem. Drinking lemon water is early morning refreshing and also keeps the body hydrated.
4. Reduce salt intake: Sodium causes water retention. Hence salty foods and snacks like potato chips should be avoided.
5. Avoid sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners like saccharin and aspartame are known potentially cause fluid retention. If you already have the problem of puffy eyes, then it is better to cut back on products containing sweeteners-like diet soda drinks and processed foods.
6. Check for anemia: The iron deficiency anemia is one of the causes of fluid retention. Iron deficiency is more prominent in pre-menopausal women compared with postmenopausal women. Care and rest can help avoid the problem.
7. Wear sunglasses :. Use sunglasses while out harsh sunlight to protect the eyes from the effects of UV rays and dust that cause swelling and irritation
8. Moisturizers : the skin around the eyes, be thin and fragile suffering wrinkles and lines and they quickly become more prominent when the body is dehydrated. To avoid this, moisturizers can be used regularly.
9. Yoga and other exercises: Yoga exercises are a very old and effective for eye relaxation method and can be used as a method for how to get rid of the eyes tired
massaging the area around the eyes with the fingertips while focusing on the tip of the nose, eyes in circles and shapes as a horizontal ‘8’, palms and exercises focus are some exercises that can be performed easily and also give good results to get rid of tired eyes.
we can not take our eyes for granted, as they are very important to stay connected with the world. They are our personal windows to the outside world. It is very essential to take good care of your eyes and keep them healthy so we can enjoy the many visual delights that this world has in store for us.
eyes relaxing in between strenuous work, having a good nutritious and sufficient sleep diet can help in maintaining eye health and avoid problems like puffy eyes, dark circles, puffiness and eye fatigue that can lead to more serious problems, if not controlled.
Madhavi is a senior editor UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. She is a graduate of expertise in human resources management, but fell for a healthy life. Considering how the people were not informed about personal health, fitness and fashion; she felt compelled to educate, enlighten and entertain the average Joe and Jane worldwide.