If you want to get rid of the Dashboard on your Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, you can do so in System Preferences.
Your Dashboard allows you to easily access a set of widgets that you can choose and which you can access from your document or by pressing some keys on your keyboard, but it is also easy to disable the function if you do not use it.
Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Although Apple discontinued the Dashboard function on Mac computers with its recent update of macOS Catalina, those who have Mac running macOS Mojave or earlier still have the function and may want to do without it.
If you do not find the Dashboard useful and subscribe to the idea that it is a good practice to disable the programs you are not using, here we show you how to turn off your Dashboard.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Macbook Pro (from $ 1,299.99 at Best Buy)
How to get rid of the board on your Mac
1) Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Click on the Apple icon.Isabella Paoletto / Business Insider
two) Scroll down and select "System Preferences …"
Select "System Preferences …"Isabella Paoletto / Business Insider
3) Click on "Mission Control."
Click on the Mission Control icon in the pop-up window.Isabella Paoletto / Business Insider
4) The first item after the check boxes in the "Mission Control" pop-up window is the "Control Panel" button.
Select the item Control Panel.Isabella Paoletto / Business Insider
5) Click on the "Panel" drop-down selector to choose between the three options.
6) Moving to "As Overlay" will make the widgets on your Board appear on your main desktop. Moving to "As Space" will make your Board appear as your own screen when you open it. To deactivate it, scroll to "Disabled."
Select "Disabled" in the menu to deactivate your Dashboard.Ryan Ariano / Business Insider