Treatment of poison ivy
Poison ivy is a native North American plant, which can be found in most regions except those with extreme heat or cold. It is a wild, woody vine whose leaves and stems contain an oil called urushiol, which can cause a severe allergic skin reaction of many people. This reaction can cause symptoms such as intense itching and rash. In more severe cases, blisters can release a clear fluid appear. However, allergy symptoms poison ivy occur only between 12 and 48 hours after skin touches the ground. During this time, the skin of an individual, clothing, and equipment can also lead to urushiol, which is odorless and colorless. This increases the risk that oil will spread to various body parts or contaminate other people.
It is recommended that all clothing and equipment isolated and washed immediately in any case of suspected poison ivy exposure. All skin exposed to poison ivy should be washed under running cold water as soon as possible, and with soap and water, if available. This helps remove urushiol from the skin, reducing the intensity of the allergic reaction.
How to get rid of poison ivy rash
While the rash can be quite uncomfortable, it usually goes away in about two weeks allergic skin reaction vanishes. At home, treatment usually focuses on reducing inflammation and provide relief from itching. Over-the-counter hydrocortisones can help in mild cases, but more severe reactions (especially those blisters develop) should be examined by a doctor, who may have to prescribe oral corticosteroids and antihistamines. If blisters appear, do not touch, as they form a natural bandage and protect damaged skin tissue. A simple cold compress can be very relaxing and helps numb the areas affected by the eruption.
Ways to get rid of poison ivy Ivy Rash Rash home remedies -Poison
Having a poison ivy rash is not a pleasant experience. There are ways to get rid of poison ivy rash. Home remedies are effective in treating poison ivy rash. The following are some of the best natural remedies for poison ivy.
1. Apple cider vinegar is a proven remedy for healing poison ivy rash . Dab a cotton ball in some apple cider vinegar and apply it on the rash. Now, rinse with a mixture of vinegar and water.
2. Apply a cold pack how to get rid of poison ivy . Redness and burning sensation can be reduced by applying cold compresses. Cold milk is more soothing to itchy skin than cold water. Apply some cold milk to get relief from itchy rashes from poison ivy.
3. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and has been reported to poison ivy help heal faster. Make a paste by mixing turmeric powder with lemon juice and apply on the rash. Alternatively, you can add a little turmeric powder for a little olive oil and apply it on the rash.
4. The eruptions are blistered can be treated with the use of sodium bicarbonate. Take several teaspoons of baking soda and combine with water to form a paste and apply on your rash. To help relieve itching, place 1/2 cup of baking soda in a tub of warm water.
5. If you have a bad case of poison ivy or a rash with sudden itching, neem leaves help reduce itching and redness. Apply a paste of neem leaves powder or neem oil teaspoon eruption of immediate relief. Another method is to add several tablespoons of neem oil or neem leaf powder to a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes.
6. Calamine lotion has soft emollients, antiseptic and astringent properties. Calamine lotion is one of better treatments for poison ivy rashes . Apply calamine lotion on the rash. This remedy relieves poison ivy itch and help dry blisters.
7. Oatmeal is one of the best natural remedies as poison ivy dried. This simple remedy will give relief from itching. Boil the oatmeal in water, let it cool for a few minutes, and apply the paste on the affected areas. Let dry for 15-30 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Oatmeal baths relieve symptoms stinging poison ivy.
8. Turmeric is the best way to deal with poison ivy due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Mix one tablespoon of turmeric root powder with enough rubbing alcohol or lemon juice to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected area. He quickly give relief from itching and burning sensation caused by poison ivy.
9. Petroleum jelly can be used to cure poison ivy lesions . The application of Vaseline on damp skin after a bath or shower is one of the effective remedies poison ivy source .
10. Another possibility for use when treatment of poison ivy is aloe vera. aloe vera gel is especially useful because its antiseptic qualities help prevent secondary infections in the affected area and the healing process is accelerated skin.
11. Witch hazel is another home for the treatment of poison ivy remedy. Witch hazel is an astringent and soothing. It can help relieve itching and promote healing. Use a cotton ball to apply witch hazel to skin rashes.
12. The Epsom salt is a good poison ivy blisters treatment as it dries quickly eruptions. Take a bath of Epsom salt, by adding two cups of Epsom salt to the bath. Soak for some time in this water get rid of poison ivy .
13. is sea salt poison ivy rash . In cases where the rash is widespread, taking a bath in water with sea salt and flour preparations medical oats (available at pharmacies) can provide great relief.
Cornstarch 14 can also be used to relieve poison ivy pica . Create a paste of cornstarch and water, then apply it to the rash. Always use corn starch powder brown powder instead of white corn starch treat poison ivy allergy .
15. Putting alcohol poison ivy help heal more easily by the drying of the eruption of secretion. To treat severe poison ivy rash, rub a little alcohol and then wrap with gauze.
16. Baking soda is a great natural remedy for itching associated with poison ivy rash. Apply a paste of baking soda and water for the rash to reduce inflammation and protect the skin. Sodium bicarbonate is said to draw urushiol eruption to help clear up faster.
17. For quick to get rid of the itch that comes with poison oak and ivy rash remedy, use the humble banana peel. Rubbing the affected area with the inside of banana peels skin, which has a calming effect and cooling.
18. Another popular remedy is to apply lemon juice to a poison ivy rash. Mix the lemon juice with two tablespoons of honey. Apply this paste to the infected area to relieve itching and irritation that is associated with a poison ivy rash area.
19. Watermelon tends to be cold on the skin. To use this remedy for burning poison ivy rubbing cold watermelon peel gently on the affected area. Rub the peel of a watermelon on the rash will help dry the blisters.
20. The use of gasoline or bleach the skin provides poison ivy quickly act e. Gasoline works the same way as alcohol. rashes caused by poison plant iv dried.
21. The black tea contains an anti-inflammatory tannic acid that can help calm a poison ivy rash . To get rid of poison ivy rash, have a cup of black coffee and let cool to room temperature or in a refrigerator. Wash the affected area with cold black coffee this area is a popular way to treat poison ivy . cold black coffee can be poured over the rash several times to get relief from itching.
These are some of the best natural home remedies how to get rid of poison ivy . Try these poison ivy treatment options and relieve poison ivy rash naturally.