Keloids are scars that have piled up appearance. These scars are elevated above the rest of the skin abruptly. It looks smooth on top and usually pink. They are considered as skin tumors that are benign fibrous. They are shaped and irregular size increases progressively. Keloids are not decreased over time as ordinary scars. Keloids often begin sometime after the appearance of the lesion and extend beyond the lesion site of the injury. They can migrate to surrounding areas of the wound. Both men and women can develop keloids.
Cause of keloids
The exact reason for keloid formation in the body is not known. Keloids occur in certain people and in certain situations. The possible cause could be changes in the signals that control cell proliferation and cell growth. Keloids are generally formed at the site of skin damage. The skin damage that can lead to the formation of keloids includes
• Body piercing
• insect bites
in some keloids people may appear spontaneously. There is no relationship between the severity of the wound and the formation of keloids. Sometimes even minor skin abrasions can lead to the development of keloids.
Symptoms of keloids
• raised shiny dome-shaped scars
• The color of scars ranges from pink to red
• Some scars are itchy, tender or even painful to touch
• scars keloids are mainly in the chest, back, shoulders and earlobes
Although there are not many complications caused by keloids, which can lead to psychological distress as they cause aesthetic problems. Some keloids joint can interfere with the movement of the person. Rarely keloids can become cancerous. Treatments for keloids as surgery and laser treatments are expensive. There are many simple home remedies that can help a lot to control keloids.
Top home remedies to fight keloids
The following are the effective home remedies that can be easily treated to treat keloids problem.
Honey is one of the best and most effective natural ingredient you can think of for moisturizing and healing the skin. Honey is recommended as a good home remedy for people suffering from keloids and it will help in the effective removal of keloids your skin on regular application for several weeks.
• Take fresh organic honey and apply it on the scars on your skin. Gently massage the area in order to improve blood circulation and also to prevent the accumulation of dead skin cells.
• Repeat this process twice a day for a couple of weeks to get effective results.
• It would be ideal for use Tualang honey is made by bees from Tualang tree. This is a very effective honey that the number of proliferating cells in the keloid be reduced and therefore will result in reducing keloid scars.
2. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is another effective and readily available ingredients that can be used for the treatment of keloids for your skin. It will help keep the skin free of dirt and debris.
• Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with three teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide and make a smooth paste by adding enough water.
• Apply this paste directly on the problem areas on the skin with a cotton ball and leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes.
• You need to repeat this process for three to four times a day to get the desired results in a couple of time a week results.
• This paste will help reduce inflammation and also help in the healing process.
Garlic is a very good and effective home remedy you can think of for the treatment of keloid scars. Garlic helps in preventing excessive proliferation of fibroblasts which is responsible for the growth of keloid scar.
• All you need to do is take some pure garlic oil and apply it directly on the keloid scars on the skin.
• Leave to react with the scar of about 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it properly.
• You can also substitute garlic oil with crushed garlic cloves. It may cause a burning sensation and if you experience a burning sensation, then you can wash the area with warm water immediately.
• Applying garlic oil on the scars regularly will help in the treatment of keloids effectively.
4. Rosewater and Sandalwood
Rose water is a natural skin toner very effective and help soothe the skin. Sandalwood is a resource used for regeneration of skin aging. The mixture of these two natural ingredients will help in the treatment of keloid scars.
• Take a tablespoon of sandalwood powder and add enough rose water to make a thick paste.
• Clean the scar with water, suitable dry and then apply this thick paste on the scars before going to bed.
• It is necessary to wash the area with warm water the next morning.
• It is necessary to carry out this procedure for one or two months every day to enjoy the keloid scar reduction.
Compressed aspirin powder is very effective in the treatment of keloids.
• Shred three to four aspirin tablets and add a small amount of water to this aspirin powder to make a thick, smooth paste.
• Apply this paste on the scars on the skin clean and allow it to dry completely.
• Once dry, you can rinse with water rubbing gently. It is necessary to dry and then apply a little olive oil or tea oil in areas of scar.
• Repeat this remedy every day until the reduction of keloid scars are.
6. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is very effective in the treatment of keloids, as it is very good for the skin. It will help to keep the skin hydrated at all times and also prevents skin infection.
• Cut open leaves the Aloe Vera gel and extract the leaves.
• Apply this gel generously cleaned keloid scars on the skin and leave scar react with about 15 to 20 minutes.
• Repeat this process twice or three times a day until you see a reduction of keloid scars, as well as reduction in pain and inflammation.
7. apple cider vinegar
Another great home remedy that you can think of for keloids is apple cider vinegar.
• Take apple cider vinegar and apply it directly to the affected areas keloid skin.
• Gently massage the area so that the vinegar is absorbed into the skin.
• Allow the vinegar to dry for about 10 minutes and then perform the same process in order to accelerate the healing process.
• If you notice any skin irritation when apple cider vinegar is used, you can dilute a little water.
• Repeat this process several times a day to enjoy maximum results.
8. Land of Fuller
Another home remedy that can be used to combat skin scars including keloid is fuller’s earth. The use of this remedy on a regular basis will help you easily remove unsightly scars on the skin.
• In a small bowl, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of rose water and one tablespoon of fuller’s earth.
• Mix well to make a smooth paste and apply on the affected areas of the skin.
• Massage this mixture gently over the affected areas to which smoothes the scars.
• Allow this to dry and then again a layer of this mixture on the affected area applies.
• Leave this 10 to 15 minutes and then wash with cold water.
• Repeat this process several times to see an effective reduction of scars.
9. Fresh lemon juice
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and is also a powerful antioxidant. It is used to treat a host of skin including scarring keloids.
• Take a piece of fresh lemon and cut it into two halves.
• It is necessary to extract the juice from these two pieces of lemon juice and apply to affected skin areas.
• Leave to react with the skin for about 30 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
• Repeat this procedure twice a day or at least once a day.
• You will see visible changes in texture, color and flexibility of the skin within a few weeks.
10. Lavender oil
One of the most common oils used in skin is lavender oil because it has properties of skin rejuvenation. It is an effective home remedy you can use to reduce scarring on the skin. It will help in the prevention of keloid scars from becoming permanent.
• Take a generous amount of lavender oil and apply it on the scars on the skin.
• Gently massage the affected to get into the skin area.
• Repeat this process several times a day to see great results in a few weeks time.
• You can also use a combination of lavender oil and tea tree oil on your skin to see even better results.
Are you worried to see the keloid scars on the skin? You want to get rid of these scars naturally without spending a lot of money? Well, then you can try some of the home remedies mentioned above to effectively remove keloid scars on your skin.