Here finish your meal, and you have to get burning pain in the chest. This is the terrible feeling of heartburn really justifies its name. You feel like your heart is burning with the very painful sensation just behind the breastbone. And if you think you can get some relief when lying down or bending over, they just make it worse.
What causes heartburn?
have heartburn when stomach acid backs up into the tube (esophagus) that carries food from the mouth to the stomach. Under normal conditions, whenever he swallows his food, a group of muscles in the lower esophagus, relaxes and allows food to travel to the stomach. Then this group of muscle called the lower esophageal sphincter is tightened again. The problem occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter is weakened or relaxing act abnormally starts. This causes the acid present in the stomach flow back into the esophagus. You can feel the sour taste in the back of the mouth due to this acid reflux, the other name of heartburn. Whenever you try to lie down or bend, more acid moves up into the esophagus and the issue becomes worse than before.
Other causes of heartburn may include having meals close to bedtime or have too many fatty foods, caffeinated or carbonated drinks and chocolate.
If heartburn occurs only once in a while, there is nothing to worry about. However, if your heartburn will return with every meal and even at night, you need to pay some attention to get rid of heartburn. This may be chronic heartburn called gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). If you are not GERD, you may first try to control the disease with some home remedies and lifestyle changes. If you do not see the effects of these on your heartburn, then you need medical care.
How to get rid of heartburn
Here are some natural remedies for heartburn that use cooking ingredients and herbs, etc., to give relief from acid reflux.
1. Sodium Bicarbonate Remedy for heartburn
Sodium bicarbonate or sodium bicarbonate common lying on your kitchen shelf can relieve heartburn in a few minutes to balance the pH level of the stomach. Sodium bicarbonate a pH above 7 can effectively neutralize stomach acid. When stomach acid will not remain acidic, you will not get the burning sensation, even if it moves to your lower esophageal sphincter.
- Baking soda 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- Water 1/2 to 1 cup
Do the following:
- Add baking soda to the water glass.
- Mix and drink this.
- Do this every time you feel the acid that rises to the throat. However, do not consume more than 3 teaspoons of baking soda in one day.
Do this only if your heartburn persists and a week or use some other resource or consult your doctor. Prolonged use of sodium bicarbonate is undesirable for your body.
2. Chewing gum to get rid of heartburn
Research shows that people with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) got relief when asked to chew sugarless gum for about half an hour after a meal. When chewing gum, which stimulates salivary glands to increase the flow of saliva is chewed. This saliva washes or neutralize stomach acid that gives instant relief from heartburn.
- sugarless gum
Do the following:
- Place the piece of sugarless gum in your mouth after you finish your meal.
- Now Chew this for 25-30 minutes.
3. vinegar to cure heartburn
Vinegar has been used to get rid of heartburn. Although there is no medical proof vinegar is a remedy for heartburn, people who use it swear by its effectiveness. You can also use cider vinegar or white apple vinegar to treat heartburn, but only after diluting it with water. It may or may not give the required relief of acid reflux, but you can tell that only after experimenting with it at least once.
- vinegar or apple cider vinegar 1-2 teaspoons
- Water 1 cup
Do the following:
- Add the vinegar to your glass of water and mix well.
- now have this water.
- You may need 2-3 times a day if you do not notice any discomfort.
- take it before meals or before bed if you can not sleep due to heartburn overnight.
Warning: Never use undiluted vinegar. When done well, the acidity of vinegar can cause damage not only to your esophagus, but also your tooth enamel. Always vinegar diluted with water before drinking and mouth wash with clean water after having it to protect the tooth enamel. If you do not feel comfortable after being diluted vinegar, immediately stop having it.
4. Try slippery elm to get rid of heartburn
The elm has been traditionally used by Native Americans to treat various conditions, including wounds, boils, ulcers, burns, inflammation skin, as well as cough, sore throat, diarrhea and stomach problems. The herb has mucilage, a component that becomes a slippery gel when mixed with water. elm is given its emollient property due to which covers (makes a protective layer) and softens the area to which it is addressed. In case of heartburn, lining the mucous layer lining the stomach and therefore creates a barrier against acid that could not find its way into the esophagus.
- dust- 1-2 teaspoons slippery elm
- / hot water / milk
Do the following:
- Add elm powder with water or milk so you feel comfortable.
- Stir well to mix the powder completely in water.
- You may need to 1-3 times a day depending on the severity of your heartburn.
- have this herbal drink after meals and at bedtime.
5. Make ginger tea to relieve heartburn
If you want to get rid of nausea accompanying acidity, simply make a cup of tea fresh ginger root that goes to calm your stomach and give you the comfort both wanted. If nausea and heartburn become a regular feature of your life, you may also consider a cup of fresh ginger tea before meals. This helps your stomach to settle as ginger acts as an acid buffer.
- Fresh ginger root 2/1 inch piece
- Water 1 1/2 cup
Do the following:
- Wash and peel the ginger root and slice.
- Place the pieces of ginger in a pot and pour water over it.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- The strain or can let the ginger root in only his tea and chew them with their tea.
- Having this tea 20-25 minutes before lunch.
[ Do not miss: home remedies to get rid of heartburn during pregnancy ]
6. They eat bananas to get rid of heartburn
bananas can be categorized as natural antacids, because they reduce the effect of acid reflux. This is enough of a reason to have the tasty banana to get relief from heartburn. At the top of potassium which is an alkalizing mineral with a pH of 14, banana helps in moderating the acidity of the stomach by increasing its pH. The higher the pH, the lower the acidity. However, you need to eat a mature, preferably over ripe bananas because bananas that are green or not ripest contain potassium as potassium nitrate and this can actually make more painful your heartburn. Potassium is not the only reason that bananas are a good remedy for heartburn such. Bananas also have a chemical such that stimulates the stomach lining and thus produces more mucus to act as a buffer against acid.
- Over ripe bananas (with brown spots on it)
Do the following:
- Having a banana a day.
- This will keep your heartburn away.
7. Apples to prevent heartburn
banana is not the only fruit that helps with heartburn. The nutritious and tasty apples also come to your help when your about getting rid of heartburn. Apples can, in fact, even reduce symptoms of GERD, chronic heartburn. This is because apple helps in the production of an alkaline environment in the stomach so excessive acids are neutralized. This also helps in better digestion, which is again a key to no acidity. Not only apple cure but also prevent heartburn. However, it is necessary to eat sweet apples, preferably those that are organic. tart apples will not do any wonders.
ways to avoid heartburn apples
- have half an apple after each of your meals.
- If you suffer from heartburn at night, eat half an apple before going to bed.
- may also have 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey or molasses with half of his apple. Both are rich sources of potassium and help create an alkaline environment in the stomach. This will only increase the efficiency of apples in preventing heartburn.
- If both still like to have the apples, the juice out of it. Add a little honey to apple juice and have it.
Some apples can give you an immediate and better relief from heartburn than others. Therefore, keep changing varieties of apples to find the one that is softer for your condition.
8. melon Heartburn Relief
Melon has a pH of 6.1 and therefore can be considered as one of the good foods for heartburn. Some people, however, may not respond well to melon and the need to avoid it. What may have some pieces of daily melon or make a smoothie with melon and other ingredients that are also good for curing heartburn. Here is a recipe for melon smoothie also uses almond milk, cantaloupe, watermelon, ginger and banana. Almonds also are said to be a great remedy for heartburn, neutralizing stomach acid. While you can always chop the almonds, adding some of them in this shake not only make it tastier but will increase its effectiveness in the fight against heartburn.
Click Melon Smoothie to prevent heartburn
- Almond milk- 1 cup
- pieces- Watermelon 1/2 cup
- Melon melon, 1/2 cup
- Muskmelon- 1/2 cup
- of banana 1
- fresh ginger root 1-inch piece
Do the following:
- Place all the above ingredients in a blender and mixed together .
- Having this every morning if you have a constant problem of heartburn.
9. Use fennel seeds and heartburn Cure
Fennel has pH 6.9 and therefore is included in effective relief food acidity. In fact, this is good not only for heartburn, but many other diseases or conditions related to stomach problems like indigestion, constipation, flatulence and bloating. Fennel has a trans-anethole volatile oil consisting of components such as fenchone, a- pinene and limonene. All these substances have a carminative effect that provides soothing relief for stomach and prevents all types of digestive disorders, including heartburn. Crunchy vegetables and fennel seeds, both are effective for heartburn.
ways to use fennel for heartburn
- Mince the white bottom of fennel into thin slices and add some arugula and spinach to make a salad wonderful.
- Use vegetable in various dishes including chicken dishes.
- Snack on crunchy fennel.
- Chew some fennel seeds after meals for better digestion to prevent heartburn.
- Take 1 teaspoon fennel tincture tid.
- can also take half a teaspoon fennel extract liquid every day. However, using the tincture or liquid extract and less of them.
10. Parsley for heartburn
Some people also find parsley to be effective in treating the symptoms of heartburn. This may possibly be due to the amino acid glutamine present in parsley. Glutamine have some anti-inflammatory properties and thus help reduce inflammation in the intestine and acid reflux. Parsley is also included in an alkaline diet. Alkaline foods always neutralize the acid and prevent heartburn.
Do the following:
- use parsley seasoning and garnishing dishes.
- Use the flat-leaf parsley to add flavor to your food preparation during cooking.
- Add the parsley to your salads.
11. Marshmallow can cure heartburn
The very popular herb marshmallow contains mucilage property that helps coat your esophagus and stomach lining. This creates a protective barrier against stomach acid and get rid of heartburn. What else, marshmallow, you can even repair the damage to her feeding tube and the lining of the stomach from excess acid.
Make infusion of marshmallow for heartburn
- Marshmallow root- 1 tablespoon
- Water 2 cups
Do the following:
- Place marshmallow root in a pot or jar.
- pour water over it.
- Let steep overnight.
- In the morning, drinking this herbal tea thick, which would have a bittersweet taste.
Caution :. If you are taking any medications, consult your doctor before using any herb
12. carom seeds used to relieve heartburn
carom seeds or Ajwain as know them in India, it is an age old remedy for heartburn and other gastric problems. It is one of the best Ayurvedic remedy for heartburn and gas. carambola seeds have anti-acid properties and therefore act as natural antacids. Thymol present in carom seeds act against the acidity and gives relief from heartburn. It also relieves stomach mucous membrane.
ways to use carom seeds for heartburn
- Take 1 tsp carom seeds and add a pinch of black salt. Have it. If you can not be like this, swallow some water.
- Take 1-2 tsp carom seeds and boil it in a glass of water for about 5-10 minutes. Strain and has this.
- Grind 1 tablespoon each of carom seeds and cumin seeds powder for her. Now add this to 1 tablespoon powdered ginger. Having a pinch or two of this mixture after meals.
13. Having adequate with GERD Diet diet to prevent heartburn
Because the problem of acidity in the stomach, most often begins with foods have, it is always better to include these foods in your diet would not give its acidity. However, it is not a standard diet for all GERD. You need to find out what suits your stomach and what not. For example, some people with heartburn have no problem continuing consumption of tomatoes while for others, tomatoes are the triggers of heartburn. You need to do the experiment with your diet and can take suggestions from others in the process. However there are some foods which are said to avoid heartburn foods in most cases.
- vegetables, preferably roots and green leaves such as cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus and beans.
- Fruits with low acid content, such as bananas, apricots, peaches, plums, pears, mangoes, strawberries and cherries.
- The grains like bulgur wheat, and rice, brown rice the particular.
- Lean meat
- low-fat or fat-free dairy products
- have yogurt and pro-biotic as they aid indigestion.
- Avoid high fat and spicy foods.
- Avoid citrus fruits and tomatoes as well.
- Avoid chocolate because it contains an ingredient known as methylxanthine relaxes smooth muscle in SLE which can cause heartburn.
much experience and discover their own preventive diet heartburn.
14. Avoiding heartburn triggers
So far it is known that there are certain foods that trigger heartburn. These are generally those foods high in acid such as citrus and spicy foods. Avoid these trigger foods ” can reduce the frequency of occurrences of heartburn. But again, your body is different and reacts differently to all foods. For some, yogurt can be a trigger but may not be for you. Therefore, like its own specific GERD diet, you need to find food or even situations that trigger heartburn. Here is a list of some common triggers that lead to acid reflux effectively in most people (but not all people). Therefore, try to avoid foods that trigger heartburn.
What to avoid to prevent heartburn
- avoid coffee, tea and other caffeinated beverages
- Avoid chocolates
- avoid acidic foods like tomatoes
- avoid alcohol
- avoid mint
- avoid citrus fruits and juices
- avoid eating larger
- Avoid fatty fried foods,
15. Bringing lifestyle changes to get rid of heartburn
bad eating habits and other habits They make it difficult for your body to digest food properly. There are some other lifestyle habits that lead to acidity and should be changed. Here is a list of such lifestyle changes that must take if you want to get rid of heartburn.
- Drink plenty of water during the day. It is good for proper digestion. The water dilutes the gastric juices and helps prevent the accumulation of excess stomach acid.
- always eat smaller meals so that you do not put pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter.
- also they have smaller bites, while eat slowly . This allows your stomach work to properly digest the food you eat.
- Do not go to sleep right after having your meal . 2-3 hours sleep after your dinner. This time it’s for your food is digested so that you do not experience nocturnal heartburn.
- Losing weight if you are overweight. Being overweight puts pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter that eventually become weak and loosens giving you heartburn occasionally.
- quit because it also makes your lower esophageal sphincter.
- Drinking less alcohol for the same reason.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing . the tight jeans or belts, for example, exert excessive pressure on the lower esophageal sphincter. This can cause acid reflux.