The hairy dry leather is very common. It may not be a condition that usually consist of much of until, at least, when you notice any visible damage to the scalp or hair. It is so common that almost everyone from children to seniors get the leather dry hair at some point of time. It can be mild or chronic. While a few dry scalp due to climate change, for example, during the winter, others develop dryness of the scalp due to some chronic skin problem or as a sign of infection and sometimes due certain underlying health conditions.
What is the dry scalp?
The dry scalp leather means lack of moisture or stability in the scalp, the skin under her hair. The hairy dry leather is characterized by small white flakes on the scalp caused due to several reasons. Dry scalp dandruff is not caused by infection, and is accompanied by excessive itching. Dry scalp, as its name suggests, is the condition in which the scalp becomes too dry.
- The scalp can be completely moisture; all of your scalp can be dry and itchy.
- The skin of the scalp may lack stability and help evenly distribute moisture throughout the scalp. This, in turn, causes the dry scalp in certain places.
The dryness of the scalp leads to scaly or itchy scalp and then damage your hair. Scratching the scalp can often be embarrassing in public places! The hairy dry leather is not only an embarrassing condition, but also a harmful one. One of the main causes of hair loss is, of course, dry scalp.
The absence of moisture weakens hair follicles and hair loss increases. Dryness of the scalp also is not compatible with the new hair growth. Therefore, do not take dry scalp lightly. In fact, dry scalp may indicate certain severe skin conditions such as psoriasis or dermatitis of the scalp. However, in most cases, dry scalp can be treated with some simple remedies. But before talking about how to get rid of dry scalp with home remedies, let us know the causes of dry scalp so that the most effective remedy can be used to get rid of dry scalp.
What makes the scalp dry?
The first step to get rid of the hairy dry leather is understanding what caused the dry scalp. The main causes of dry hair leather can be classified into two factors-internal and external.
Internal factors that cause dry scalp
- Aging is a major cause of dry scalp. With age, the skin begins to lose moisture, and the scalp is no exception.
- Dehydration or insufficient intake of water and other liquids. The first condition to keep the skin and scalp to provide optimal hydration.
- skin diseases such as dermatitis, psoriasis scalp, dandruff, etc. They get manifested in the dry scalp.
- The physical and emotional stress also contribute to have in your dry scalp.
- Hormonal changes
- Certain health conditions such as pregnancy, trauma, surgery, post, etc.
External factors that cause dry scalp
- Climate change or exposure to climatic extremes
- Frequent use equipment hair styling
- hair treatments such as curling, straightening, hair straightener, color, etc.
- Exposure to pollution
- Wrong choice of shampoos, conditioners and other hair products
- Poor diet
- The lack of routine care health hair
- excessive alcohol consumption
- side effects of certain medications
Regardless of the causes of dryness of the scalp, you can find the right to get rid of dry scalp solutions.
Natural remedies to get rid of dry scalp
Home remedies have proven effective in treating various skin problems and hair! Dry scalp can also be treated at home using natural ingredients. Try these home remedies to get rid of dry scalp.
Oil Treatment for dry scalp
The key to combating dryness is moisturizing the scalp. The main action by the dryness of the scalp oil treatment. Oil massage is the best way to reduce dryness of the scalp and retain moisture in the scalp.
Therefore, the first step to get rid of dry scalp, increasing its moisture level and block the natural balance of moisture in your scalp and follicles.
Massaging the scalp also stimulates blood circulation there, which improves blood flow to the follicles of the scalp and hair. This ensures that sufficient nutrients are provided to the skin of the scalp and hair roots. The oils also have different nutrients and massage the scalp with oil can not only prevent dryness of the scalp, but it can help to grow long and thick hair.
scalp massage with coconut oil
When it comes to massage the scalp and hair, think no further than the use of coconut oil. Coconut oil has deep nourishing effects on the scalp. Penetrates deep into the scalp and prevents dryness. In fact, the regular application of coconut oil for hair can prevent dryness of the scalp largely along with providing nutrition to your hair and scalp, thanks to its content of fatty acids.
- Slightly heat oil and apply generously on the scalp.
- massage the scalp with circular motions with your fingers.
- Let oil stay for at least 1 hour and wash their hair.
- can also apply the oil at night and leave it overnight. Wash your hair the next morning.
may also use castor oil, olive oil and sesame oil to massage the scalp dry.
tree oil tea for itchy, dry flaky scalp
If you have flaky and itchy scalp (mild itching to severe leather hair), tea tree oil mixed with a little carrier oil or water is the best remedy for you.
oil tea tree is ubiquitous, which can be found in almost all types of cosmetics- hair shampoos, conditioners and a majority of products for hair care with medicinal properties. This strong essential oil is a triple threat to the dryness of the scalp, as it contains anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. All this helps to reduce dryness of the scalp at any time.
tea tree oil is very powerful and not recommended for use in its undiluted form. You will need a carrier oil or water to dilute the oil. Do not add more than 10 drops of tea tree oil to any carrier oil.
- Add 5-10 drops of tea tree oil to a carrier oil (coconut / olive / sweet almond oil, etc.)
- massage the scalp with this oil to reduce itching and dryness of the scalp.
- leave the oil on the scalp overnight or for a few hours before washing.
jojoba oil increases sebum production
Jojoba oil actually resembles sebum. Tallow is nothing more than the oily substance secreted by the sebaceous glands of your body that keeps skin and hair moisturized. The sebaceous glands are also called oil glands. However, the excessive secretion of sebum leads to oily skin and scalp resulting in problems such as acne and clogged pores. The dry scalp obviously lacks sebum production. Jojoba oil serves dual purpose. It acts as sebum on the scalp and also stimulates the secretion of oil glands.
- Add few drops of jojoba oil, coconut oil or oil for normal
- massage the scalp with it.
- can also add jojoba oil to your shampoo or conditioner.
Peppermint oil regulates the pH balance of dry scalp
Management pH balance is not only essential to the scalp and skin, but also for general good health. Only proper pH levels prevents the skin and hair too dry or oily skin. unbalanced pH level (level more acid in the body) leads to a lot of health problems and affect the skin in many ways. To regulate the pH levels in the scalp, use peppermint oil.
Peppermint oil neutralizes oil production in the scalp and balance the pH level. It also provides fast relief of itching that accompanies dry scalp.
- Add a few drops of peppermint oil to your scalp regularly hair oil and massage with it.
- can also add drops of peppermint oil to your shampoo.
Of course, you should also focus on eating a healthy diet that includes more alkaline foods (fruits and raw vegetables, etc.) and excluding acidic foods (fried, spicy and junk food ).
fresh Aloe Vera soothes dry scalp
Removes dry scalp easily just by using aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel has been used for centuries to cure many diseases of the skin and hair. The cooling properties, moisturizing ability, cleaning and effects of aloe vera is to balance your remedy if your scalp dryness fussed. The succulent plant is a miraculous remedy for a variety of hair problems, not to mention, dry scalp as well.
How to use aloe vera gel for dry scalp?
You can use fresh gel in many ways to reduce dryness of the scalp. Only brings the fresh aloe gel from the plant. Mix the gel for even consistency and apply.
- can apply fresh gel on the scalp, like oil.
- Add few drops of essential oil such as tea tree oil or peppermint oil for the gel and applied to the scalp.
- Add the gel shampoo or conditioner.
- Rub the inside of the aloe vera plant on the scalp. The bark also contains nutrients and moisturize the scalp.
Let the gel remain on the scalp for at least 30 minutes.
If you have a cold or prone to colds body too often, do not use aloe vera. It has an instant cooling effect throughout the body, not only on the scalp.
Eggs nourish dry scalp
Sometimes your hair needs more massage oil. In addition to regular scalp massage oil, you can try this deep nourishing treatment for dry scalp.
Eggs act as a deep conditioning treatment for dry scalp. They provide a lot of moisture in the scalp and nourish the hair follicles. Hair is made of protein and so are the eggs. Eggs make the best choice to nourish dry scalp.
- Two or three egg yolks
- Two teaspoons of any choice of oil (olive oil, coconut oil or sesame oil)
- a few drops of water to balance the mix
the amount mentioned above is sufficient for medium length hair. You can increase or decrease the amount according to the length of her hair.
Do the following:
- Mix ingredients well and make it a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on washed hair and scalp. Hair should be damp but not wet or dry. (After washing your hair, squeeze out excess water and keep wet hair)
- Let the mixture stay on the scalp and hair for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair with warm water. If you use hot water, the eggs will climb !!! (Never rinse your hair with hot water, it damages the hair and scalp becomes drier)
Eggs can not smell good in your hair. Therefore, one can add a few drops of any aromatic essential oil mixture or water used for rinsing the hair after treatment egg. Not apply conditioner after using the egg mixture.
fast to treat dry itchy scalp Solutions
can not avoid itching when you get dry scalp. In fact, scales and itching are the two signs that allow us to recognize that the scalp is dry. Scratching his head often will not only ashamed, but also causes severe the condition. Here are some quick remedies are presented to reduce the itching due to dry scalp.
vinegar rinse apple cider for dry scalp and itchy
apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory properties and can treat dry scalp caused infections. Like peppermint oil, ACV also helps neutralize the pH level of your scalp. It helps reduce dryness of the scalp, and reduces itching, in one wash. ACV rinse also reduces the visible flakes of dry scalp.
How to do that?
Take equal portion of apple cider vinegar and water, mix well. The amount should be sufficient to moisten the scalp.
- Add the rinse spray bottle. Alternatively, you can soak a cotton ball and apply on the scalp.
- spraying the mixture from root to tip of the hair.
- Make sure that the mixture is applied all over the scalp.
- Comb hair gently and tie hair.
- rinse hair with warm (not hot) water after 10 to 15 minutes.
Try this once a week and always dilute apple cider vinegar with water. You should wash your hair the day before when rinsing stroke is used. In fact, it is better to use the ACV rinse immediately on wet hair after shampooing. The hair and scalp should be clean when applied ACV rinse to get rid of the dryness of the scalp.
Use lemon to get rid of itchy dry scalp and instantly
Lemon has antiseptic properties and reduces itching and dryness of the scalp instantly . If you have dandruff too visible due to dry scalp, which is more like dandruff, you can apply fresh lemon and oil on the scalp. If you suffer from itching but no visible scales, dilute with lemon water.
lemon removes dead skin cells from the scalp and helps in the growth of fresh, healthy cells.
- three to four lemons
- cotton ball
Do the following
- fresh lemon cut in half and squeeze the juice.
- Add equal parts of water and mix well.
- soak a cotton ball and apply the mixture all over the scalp.
- massage the scalp with your fingers.
- can also rub the inside of the lemon peel on the scalp.
- rinse hair with warm (not hot water) warm water.
lemon can be used twice a week. After using lemon, not to use strong shampoo. Just go for a mild shampoo or just rinse your hair with warm water. It also makes your hair shine!
do and not do to get rid of dry scalp
Dry scalp is triggered for many reasons, as mentioned above. If you suspect your scalp is dry or prone to dryness during seasonal changes or otherwise, stick to the next.
regularly apply hair oil. Applying oil blocks the natural moisture in the scalp and hair and prevents dryness.
Shampoos and conditioners:
Shampoos are intended for cleaning the scalp and hair while conditioners soften and smooth hair. Although shampoos and conditioners not moisturize the scalp, wrong choice of shampoo can make hair dry leather.
- Use natural shampoo or organic shampoo.
- Change your shampoo immediately if you notice dryness of the scalp after shampooing.
- wash your hair twice a week and massage your hair with oil before washing.
- If you use hair conditioner choose moisturizing conditioner.
Choose the shampoo and conditioners that are free of sulfate! Never use hair care products containing alcohol! Check the ingredients before buying.
Hydrate from the inside of
Drink plenty of water and liquids (even healthy) to stay hydrated from the inside out. Lack of moisture or hydration internal, manifested in skin and scalp.
Fats and oils in your diet
include fats and oils in your diet. Fat is an essential nutrient that maintains the lubricious, soft and moist skin. Go for healthy fats like those found in nuts, avocado, coconut, etc.
Embrace healthy diet
Feed your scalp and hair by feeding your body the right way! Eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits.
improve the effectiveness of shampoo and conditioner
You can add a few drops of tea tree oil, aloe vera or lemon juice to your shampoo and conditioner regularly. This helps cure dry scalp.
dry the hair naturally
excessive heat damage the scalp and makes it dry. If you have the habit of using hair dryers, stop it immediately to get rid of the dryness of the scalp. Use a hair dryer removes natural oils and moisture the scalp. Therefore, drying hair naturally.
Let the hair and scalp breathe natural air
Constant exposure to air conditioner or central cooling reduces the moisture of your entire body, not just the scalp. Therefore, avoid exposure to artificial cold constantly for hours.
should not do:
Washing hair too often
not wash your hair too often. Too much exposure to water removes the natural moisture of the scalp, and makes it dry.
No showers hot and cold water
Never take excessively hot or cold shower. hot water damages the skin of the scalp and cold water clogs pores of the scalp. Always wash your hair with warm water or which at room temperature.
No cosmetic hair treatments
Avoid hair cosmetic treatments such as hair coloring or straightening the hair too often.
not on the style your hair
Do not change your hair using hair styling equipment too often. These equipment use heat to change her hairstyle. moisture from your scalp are started.
avoid exposure to extreme weather conditions
Do not expose your hair to extreme weather such as strong wind, direct sunlight during the hottest hours of the day or harsh winters. Wear a hat or a scarf to protect hair.
Do not use leave-in conditioner or dry shampoo
moisturizing hair conditioner, not the scalp. Therefore, if hair conditioner or dry shampoo is used, will result in dryness of the scalp and is in flake form.
This is certainly bad news for coffee lovers. If you take more than two cups of coffee a day, dry scalp get more often. Also, avoid carbonated beverages.
If your drink more coffee when you are young, be sure that you get the chronic dryness of the scalp as you grow old!
cut sugary treats
Eliminate sugar and sugary treats from your diet. Eating too much sugar leads to dry flakes on the scalp.
If you can not find any improvement after trying these home remedies for dry scalp and change your routine, visit a dermatologist or trichologist immediately. When self-help is ineffective, medical intervention is what you need. You can even get some prescription shampoos and products for hair care to get rid of dry scalp. Sometimes your health can be an important dryness of the scalp reason. Only a doctor can diagnose the right cause when you can not find a suitable solution itself.
healthy diet and a routine of proper hair care, the use of products suitable hair care and protection from extreme weather conditions help a lot in getting rid of dry scalp!