stains or deposits of cholesterol that can be noticed around the eyes are fat bulges that develop under skin , usually in the inner edge of the upper eyelid. They are also known as xanthelasma.
While one of the main causes of xanthelasma is a high level of low density lipoprotein (LDL or “bad” cholesterol) in the body, but can also be due to genetic factors, diabetes, liver disease and other conditions.
People who have high cholesterol, cirrhosis or diabetes have a higher risk of developing this problem. It is also more common among people between 40 and 60 years old.
This problem does not cause pain or itching, but can obscure vision if the lump grows large enough.
Furthermore, it may be a sign of coronary artery disease future. A 2013 study published in BioMed Research International reports that a number of cases of palpebrarum xanthelasma combined with smoking, central obesity, hypertension, diabetes and dyslipidemia, which are major risk factors for coronary artery disease.
Since the affected area is usually very close to the eyes, surgery is not a recommended treatment. Additionally, surgery may lead to scarring, which can be as annoying as the appearance of the protuberance itself. Laser treatment is another possibility, but it also carries the risk of scarring.
It is important to find out the cause of your xanthelasma and plan treatment accordingly. For example, if the cause is high blood cholesterol, you need take steps to reduce your cholesterol level.
Meanwhile, these home remedies can help minimize the appearance of or even remove the blows.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of cholesterol deposits around the eyes.
The best and most popular treatment at home is garlic xanthelasma.
The enzymes present in garlic help flatten small deposits, bumpy. Garlic is also beneficial to reduce high cholesterol .
A 2001 study published in the Journal of Nutrition indicates the cholesterol-lowering effects of garlic extract are, in part, to the inhibition of hepatic cholesterol synthesis by sulfur compounds soluble in water.
Later, a press release of 2013, the National Institute of Integrative Medicine reported that garlic extract is a safe and effective alternative for pharmaceutical blood pressure and cholesterol-lowering drugs.
- Slice a clove of garlic or crush a few cloves of garlic to make a paste. Apply to the affected area and cover with gauze so the garlic does not enter the eye. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash with warm water. Repeat once a day for a couple of days.
- Moreover, crush a garlic tablet into a fine powder. Add a little water to form a paste and apply on the affected area. Leave it on for about 1 hour before rinsing. Do this every day until you get the desired result.
- In addition, you can eat 2 to 3 cloves garlic raw fasting every day. If you prefer to take a garlic supplement, always consult your doctor first
. Note: Do not use garlic on your skin for longer as it can burn the skin. Avoid using completely if you have sensitive skin.
2. Castor oil
Another remedy effective for treating xanthelasma is castor oil. Ricinoleic acid in castor oil helps reduce cholesterol deposits.
However, this oil works best in small tanks that are new.
- Soak a cotton ball in cold-pressed, pure castor oil.
- Apply to the affected area, keeping eyes closed.
- massage for a few minutes and, if possible, to ensure the cotton ball in place with a bandage or tape.
- leave overnight, and clean the area with warm water the next morning.
- Repeat this remedy daily until you are satisfied with the result.
3. Apple cider vinegar
If you have high cholesterol and is the main reason behind cholesterol deposits near their eyes, apple cider vinegar is just what you need.
Apple cider vinegar helps reduce LDL or bad cholesterol level in the body. cholesterol and fat liquefies and helps the liver in removing toxins from the body .
In addition, the acetic acid which is corrosive in nature, which helps to remove deposits bumpy.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the affected area. Use a tape or a bandage to hold the cotton ball instead. After 2 hours, remove the cotton ball and rinse the area with warm water. Do this a couple of times a day.
- Also, mix 1 tablespoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar oil and some raw honey in a glass of warm water and drink twice a day.
. Note: If you have sensitive skin, dilute the apple cider vinegar with a little water before use
4. fenugreek seeds
fenugreek seeds are also effective in flattening of cholesterol deposits until they disappear completely, mainly due to cholesterol lowering properties of the seeds.
- Soak 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight. Take this mixture first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This will help reduce the level of bad cholesterol in your body. Repeat daily.
- Also, apply the water in which fenugreek seeds soaked overnight in the affected area. Massaging the area gently with fingers, so the water penetrates deeply into the skin. Repeat daily.
This kitchen staple is another effective treatment, which should certainly give it a try.
First, onions contain compounds inhibit bad cholesterol and fat accumulation , one of the main reasons behind this problem.
secondly, its acidic nature helps flatten deposits bumpy skin.
- Extract the juice of 1 onion, add some salt to it and set it aside for a couple of hours. Before going to bed, apply it on the affected area, gently massage and leave overnight. The next morning, wash the area with warm water. Repeat daily.
- Also, mix 2 tablespoons of onion juice in a glass of water and drink daily.
6. banana peels
To dissolve cholesterol deposits around the eyes in a safe and natural, banana peels are very effective way.
The shell has strong antioxidant properties and enzymes in it help dissolve the rugged deposits naturally.
- Cut a small slice of a ripe banana peel.
- carefully place the inside of the shell on the deposit of cholesterol.
- Use a bandage or tape to secure the shell and leave overnight.
- The next morning, remove the peel and wash the area with water.
- Repeat every night until the top is no longer visible.