To have a stuffy nose may be the most difficult condition on earth! And why not, after all, breathing is the basis of life and stuffy nose does not let you breathe. Why a stuffy nose appears? His nose is congested due to inflamed blood vessels in the membranes lining the inside of the nostrils. And why these blood vessels become inflamed? may be due to the flu, sinus infections, sinus cold or allergies, including seasonal allergies . When there are viruses, bacteria and other pathogens within your body, your immune system creates excess mucus in order to catch and then kill these pathogens. This excess mucus in the nose gives a stuffy nose and makes it difficult for you to breathe. It can be annoying or uncomfortable due to get a stuffy nose, but actually it can be deadly for newborns! However, there are many simple and easy home remedies for nasal congestion for newborns and for children and adults. Let’s see how you can unclog a stuffy nose and get rid of it.
simple ways to get rid of nasal congestion
Whenever you have a stuffy or runny nose, which are not only able to breathe, but you can not speak properly. And when you’re blowing your nose up, he learns that nothing would come out of those two nostrils. Here are some easy ways to unclog a stuffy nose.
1. Use humidifier to relieve nasal congestion
humidifiers help much to clear a stuffy nose. This is because moist air helps soothe irritated tissue nose. It also reduces inflammation of blood vessels and nasal sinus. This is how humidifiers help relieve nasal congestion.
- machine A humidifier increases the humidity in the room making the air moist. This helps reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the nose and get rid of nasal congestion.
- humidifiers also help dissolve mucus in housed inside of her breasts. This helps to empty the liquids so you can easily clear the blocked nose.
2. Take a steam shower to get rid of nasal congestion
Steam is one of the best ways to unclog a stuffy nose. The vapor has moisture and heat both-. Therefore, it helps relieve inflammation of the nasal blood vessels so you can breathe easily. Humidifier, what we refer to in the previous remedy, is just a way to get this steam treatment to cure nasal congestion. steam shower is another nasal congestion remedies useful. Here’s how you can take a steam shower.
- Take a towel and place it in the bottom of the door of his bathroom in a way that no steam escapes from there.
- Now turn the temperature and take a bath.
- If, however, they do not want to bathe, simply turn on the shower and keep breathing vapor because your bathroom is filled.
This steam from the shower will help thin the mucus of the nose and sinuses to reduce inflammation there. You can relieve nasal congestion at any time using this method.
3. Inhale steam to get rid of nasal congestion
Steam inhalation has been one of the traditional and very effective remedies for nasal congestion. both- moisture and heat is given and therefore reduces inflammation of blood vessels in the nose.
- hot water 1 bowl
Do the following:
- place the bowl of hot water on a table or a level surface.
- Now lean over her with his nose directly over the cup. Try to keep a distance as would be necessary to save himself from burning.
- Cover your head with a towel so that the steam does not escape.
- Now inhale the steam coming out of the water.
- remains in this position for a couple of minutes.
- This will help relieve nasal congestion quickly.
Steam inhalation is also a very good remedy for stuffy nose at night. Inhale the steam just before going to bed and get a good night’s sleep.
4. Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated
Staying hydrated is essential to thin the mucus that clogs the nostrils. Water is the best fluid to have but can have any liquid. Tea, soup, juice which can cause the body to get enough water to stay hydrated. These fluids help thin mucus and resultantly decrease the pressure in the sinuses. This helps clear a stuffy nose, pushing the mucus of the nose. Reduced pressure also means less swelling and irritation.
What to drink to get rid of nasal congestion
- hot soup
- hot tea
[ Do not miss: natural remedies for runny nose ]
5. Use spray saline Clear nasal congestion
nasal spray saline is now a common remedy, even readily available in any chemist shop. Saline water increases the humidity in the nasal passages which in turn helps thin mucus. All this means reduced inflammation of nasal blood vessels. This will also help clear a stuffy nose to drain the fluid in the country. If you do not want to buy, you can even make saline spray at home.
- Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup hot water (just a little heat, can be tibia)
- bulb syringe or nasal aspirator
Do the following:
- Add salt to hot water and place in its bulb syringe or nasal aspirator.
- Now lean over a sink. Keep the tip of the nose pointing toward the drain to the water runs easily from the nose.
- slowly saline spray in one of his nostrils.
- By using a rubber bulb, you must first squeeze a little in order to evacuate the air, and then soak it in saline and release the bulb. You need to squeeze the bulb once again to put the solution into your nostril.
- Let drain saline nose completely before spraying back into it.
- Repeat with the other nostril
- Use saline 2-3 times a day depending on the severity of stuffy nose.
6. Use Neti drain sinuses to relieve nasal congestion
Neti pot, in a way, is a great help for those who suffer from frequent nasal congestion. Traditional equipment has been used for centuries in India. A Neti pot can surprisingly unclog a stuffy nose. This is due to their design which effectively pushes the water through the nasal passages. full simple saline water in the neti pot is needed. However, you must make this saline irrigation with Neti pot after properly understand the technique to use. Once learned, saline irrigation Neti is the best way to relieve nasal congestion.
- Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- hot water (or distilled / sterile water) – 1-2 cups (depending on the size of your Neti pot)
- Neti pot
Do the following:
- Fill the neti pot with warm water and add salt to it. Mix well.
- Now, tilt your head over the sink so that one of the windows of the nose is pointing toward the ceiling and the other to the sink.
- Keep mouth open and breathe through the mouth only.
- Place the tip of the neti pot in the nostril that is up.
- tilt it a bit in order to boost its water into your nostril.
- Adjust the tilt of the head as you push the water into the nostril in order to ensure that water flows out of the other nostril into the sink.
- Feeling that half the pot is empty, switch sides and do neti saline irrigation through the other nostril.
- After the process is complete, do not forget to drain all water from both nostrils exhaling through the nose several times.
7. Hot compress to get rid of nasal congestion
had known about how the steam taken from shower and steam inhalation may help clear a stuffy nose. These methods make from inside the nose. The same effect can be given to the nose from the outside through a hot compress. The heat is obtained from a warm compress not only helps to reduce inflammation in the nose, but also relieve any pain you may experience around your nasal area.
- Hot Water
Do the following:
- Take hot water with a temperature such that your skin can tolerate comfortably.
- soak the cloth in this water, take it out and squeeze out excess water.
- Lie down, fold the towel and placed over the face, if not only on his nose and surrounding areas. However, they do not cover your nostrils with the towel.
- As the web gets colder, wet again to warm and then repeat the process.
- Click these to get relief from the blocked nose.
8. Eucalyptus oil to get rid of nasal congestion
Eucalyptus oil is considered an excellent natural decongestant. A decongestant, as the name suggests, relieves congestion stuffy nose. When it comes into direct contact with the swollen nasal membranes, congestion decomposes and relieves nasal congestion. You can use this natural decongestant, eucalyptus oil to inhale the steam and get rid of nasal congestion quickly.
- hot water 1 bowl
- eucalyptus oil 2-4 drops
Do the following:
- Add eucalyptus oil to hot water.
- tilt your head over the bowl with water while covering his head with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping out.
- inhale the steam for a few minutes.
- How does it feel loosen mucus inside your nose, going to the toilet and blow your nose gently.
- If necessary, once again breathe for a while.
- you will see how quickly relieves stuffy nose.
9. Use onion juice to get rid of nasal congestion
Onions also have properties to cure decongestant nasal congestion. The sulfur content in an onion is able to move mucus and fluids in your body. Not only this, but also has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that can help cure any infection that causes nasal congestion such. You know how your eyes are filled with water and the nose starts running when you chop an onion or even when chewed raw onions in your salad! To loosen mucus in the nose and sinus cavities, simply cut an onion and keep it in front of your nose during inhalation. However, if you have a very bad nasal congestion, here it is how you can make a strong remedy with onion.
- Onion- 1-2
- honey or sugar (optional) – 1/2 teaspoons one
Do the following:
- Grate or crush the onions and squeeze its juice. You will need 2-3 tablespoons of onion juice.
- Now heat this to the point where it becomes tolerably hot.
- add honey or sugar if you are using it (not everyone can withstand the raw onion juice so it’s okay!)
- Immediately swallow the mixture as the strength of the decongestant property onion lost quickly.
- Now look stuffy nose turn a running nose!
Caution :. Do not use this remedy for babies and newborns
10. Eat spicy foods to get rid of nasal congestion
Spicy foods are also good natural decongestant. Chilies spicy foods have in them. These peppers have a component called capsaicin, which gives them their decongestant properties. Capsaicin stimulates secretions help clean away the mucus in a stuffy nose. Capsaicin is similar to a drug called guaifenesin in its chemical composition. Guaifenesin is used in many over-the-counter and cold remedies prescription. As soon as you eat chilies, her eyes fill with water, the nose starts running, and even mucus in the lungs to loosen. Chillies also fight inflammation again due to capsaicin because it is a potent inhibitor of substance P. The substance P may be understood as a neuropeptide that is related to inflammation. This is how you can use to make your chiles spicy food and get rid of nasal congestion s.
- The addition of about 8-10 drops of hot sauce to the bowl of chicken soup chili-pepper. Having this while hot to multiply the effects of Guaifenesin chiles.
- Make your soups and broths spicy than normal when suffering from nasal congestion.
- you can even make tea chili. To do this, take 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes, 2/1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and mix with a cup of hot water. Allow chili flakes stand for about 3-5 minutes. Strain and drink while still hot. This will be enough to clear a blocked nose.
11. Han Citrus to get rid of nasal congestion
Citrus fruits, lemons and -oranges limes- have been considered to be very effective when it comes to loosen mucus. Tangerines have this chemical called synephrine. It belongs to the family of ephedrine has decongestant to treat nasal congestion. This is specifically mentioned, as should know that the mandarins have this natural decongestant synephrine about 7 times more than any other citrus fruit. Therefore having these whole or fruit- his juices- order to relieve nasal congestion
- Tangerines and other varieties of oranges
- lemon and lime
12. Use herbs to get rid of nasal congestion
herbs are very useful to treat nasal congestion because they contain oils volatile. These oils grant such herbs its decongestant properties. Many of these oils also have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. You can use these herbs as teas, tinctures, or chew and can even add to your meals. These herbs can also be used for nasal rinses but what is more convenient is steam inhalation using these herbs. Just add one or more herbs in hot water and inhale the steam to quickly open the blocked nose. Here is the list of these types of herbs that can be used as decongestants for stuffy nose.
- wild bee balm
- The swab
- yerba mansa
If the remedies do not cure stuffy nose, see a doctor
Yes, this is essential. stuffy nose remedies can only give a temporary relief because sometimes nasal congestion can only be a symptom of something bigger inside your body. These problems can be anything ranging from sinus infection nasal polyps. They need medical attention. So, when you visit your doctor? Consult a doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms.
[Leertambién: 14 simple home remedies for sinus infection ]
- Swelling on the forehead, eyes or cheeks, along with a stuffy nose.
- yellow or white spots in the throat.
- Blurred vision due to nasal congestion.
- greenish or grayish mucus coming out with cough or mucus from the nose.
- If your nose is kept filled for more than 15 days and not empty even after the adoption of several home remedies, you should definitely consult your doctor to rule out any serious problem.
How to get rid of nasal congestion baby
Your newborn baby or a small child elderly can suffer from a difficult phase due to nasal congestion. They can not even acknowledge and say what is happening in your nose and how difficult it is to become the breathing. Therefore, look for several symptoms and take appropriate measures to give relief to your baby’s stuffy nose and cold or flu. If you see that your baby has difficulty breathing or when suddenly starts coughing or choking after being fed, in search of his nose. It is obstructed or not! There are many other symptoms of nasal congestion in babies as when they seem to be out of breath or have difficulty speaking or even eating, which may be suffering from a stuffy nose. Here are some tips to relieve nasal congestion baby.
[ See also: How to stop sneezing Naturally ]
- Use nasal or nasal bulb baby aspirator- clear mucus in the nasal cavities of your newborn baby using a nasal aspirator bulb or baby. They are designed for newborn stuffy nose and can suck the mucus from the baby’s nose with them. Read the instructions properly before doing so. Be careful when using nasal bulbs. Lay your baby on his back. Now squeeze the bulb to push all the air out of it. Still holding, gently insert the tip of the bulb small nostril of your baby. Do not make it too high. Now release the pressure slowly. Remove mucus and then tighten the bulb. Repeat the process on the other nostril.
- Do your older baby blow his nose If your child is not a newborn baby is old enough, make it blow your nose regularly.
- Give your baby more fluids- This will keep hydrated. For stuffy nose newborn, you can give apple juice or water (only if it is more than 3 months old). For older children, along with juice, you can also give soups, broths and other hot beverages like herbal tea.
- Moist Keep baby’s nose Therefore, it is possible to use a cool mist humidifier for these environments with air too dry. You can also use saline nasal drops to moisten the nasal passages of your baby. hot shower can also be given to babies by making them sit in the bathroom while the hot shower is running. The child can breathe steam.
- Use saline spray for baby covered with great care nose Get saline spray baby and put your baby on his back and slightly tilt the head back, but do not force . Now sprinkle 2-3 drops of saline spray in each nostril of your baby. The baby may sneeze, but that’s okay. Wipe it gently with a tissue.
- Lift the crib mattress of her baby This will make it easier for you to breathe despite nasal congestion. For this, you can place a towel under the head of the mattress your baby so that his head is slightly elevated. This is important to relieve nasal congestion baby at night.
- Use onion to decongest baby nose-stuffy While you can not and should not feed your baby onions or with onion juice, you can use a cut onion to place on your baby’s room. This can also help relieve nasal congestion baby. To do this, simply cut an onion and place on a plate. Keep this plate next to the bed or crib of her baby.