Beauty may be in the eyes of the beholder, but that does not mean you should not take skincare . His daily regimen beauty care should include skin exfoliation, which is essential to keep it fresh and vitalized.
As the skin is the body’s largest organ, which works hard to maintain its protected inside dirt, pollution, harmful sun rays, wind and germs. This protective sheath needs some maintenance prevent the skin from becoming dry and flaky after a long day of work.
The ancient Egyptians are credited with the practice of the method of exfoliation for the first time. During the Middle Ages, ingredients such as wine used to exfoliate the skin chemically, as contained tartaric acid. In Asia as well, exfoliation is not a new practice and has been in use for hundreds of years.
The word “exfoliate” is derived from the Latin word “ exfoliare “, which means “to remove the leaves.”
What is exfoliation?
Exfoliation is a term used in cosmetology, which refers to the removal of dead skin cells of the outermost layer of the skin. These skin cells are the oldest and cover new and fresh skin cells beneath them. This process has been used for many years to maintain bright and healthy skin .
During cosmetic techniques such as facials, microdermabrasion and chemical peels, exfoliation process is carried out. Exfoliation can be done either chemically or mechanically (naturally).
Regular exfoliation can eliminate the dry parts of the skin of the arms, legs, face and feet. From loofah for liquid soaps, cleaners … There is a wide variety of exfoliating products to choose from. Once you have identified your skin type and exfoliation technique that suits you, you can go ahead and start your routine skin care.
How does exfoliation?
Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that tend to clog the pores of the skin, therefore how to control acne outbreaks . As we age, the ability of dead skin cells that spilled automatically slows down. Therefore, it is very necessary some outside help.
- Scrub carried radiant and smooth skin and can make the skin noticeably brighter.
- scrub stimulates cell renewal process of the skin and allows moisturizers to penetrate deeper inside. Removing layers of dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin, provides a clear path for expensive to work their magic cosmetic preparations.
- Peeling also reduces cases of uneven skin tone, as buffs skin gently. It also removes traces of makeup and impurities remaining after skin cleansing with facial cleansers.
- Regularly exfoliating will help control the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Dull and dry skin tend to make wrinkles stand out.
- Exfoliating also helps reduce pore size by elimination of black and white dots . Since dust particles dead skin cells and oil trap, which leads to plugging of the pores.
- Other benefit of exfoliating skin is that its texture is improved. rough and dry skin are reinvigorated to be shiny and smooth.
- Exfoliating also helps you get a closer shave. Running a razor blade on dull skin is sure to reduce your life and block.
Exfoliating also helps your best fake tan look. From scrub helps the skin to better absorb topical applications, which provides a smooth surface for tanning or spray tanning lotions to take hold.
How to exfoliate your skin?
The active ingredient in yogurt is lactic acid having a gentle exfoliating property. Yogurt is made when lactose in milk it ferments. Lactic acid gently removes the outermost layer of skin to reveal fresh new skin underneath. the substance that holds dead skin cells, causing them to fall away dissolves. This, in turn, stimulates the skin to produce new skin cells. With regular application of yogurt, the skin becomes thicker, younger and stronger.
The lactic acid content of yogurt is also helpful to eliminate excessive pigmentation in the outer layer of the skin. You will not notice immediate effects, but over a period of some months, your skin will have less pigmentation. Other chemicals, lactic acid fibroblast signals the cells to increase collagen synthesis. Therefore, the elasticity and thickness of the skin is maintained.
Belonging to a group called alpha-hydroxy acids, lactic acid is used in cosmetics and shells.
The flesh of watermelon is an excellent exfoliating agent because it contains malic acid. This acid also belongs to alpha-hydroxy acids. Improves skin texture and reduces signs of aging by encouraging the outer layer of the skin to shed away. It is also believed to trigger the production of elastin and collagen. Moisturizes the skin and keeps it moisturized.
Papaya fruit contains an enzyme called papain serving as an exfoliating agent. It is soft and is good for people who can not tolerate chemical peels acid based. Unlike the alpha-hydroxy acids, papain does not make the skin sensitive to sunlight. Papaya is good for exfoliating face during the hot summer months. Prevents the accumulation of dead skin cells and keeps the skin looking fresh.
Papain is on, green unripe papayas. It works by breaking and dissolving the proteins in dead skin cells.
4. chickpea flour
chickpea flour is made by grinding roasted or unroasted beans. The pale yellow powder is granulated and is commonly used as an exfoliating agent when mixed with an equal amount of yogurt or water. chickpea flour removes dead skin cells , dirt and excess fat from the face.
One of the best f exfoliants Acial for dry skin is avocados . It is a storehouse of natural enzymes and keeps the skin supple despite rid of all the dirt and impurities.
Regular white sugar is also a good exfoliating face . The use of vegetable oils such as oil , coconut oil, or almond oil as the carrier, the sugar can be used to exfoliate the skin gently. Brown sugar is not a very appropriate choice because it tends to melt quickly and stop providing a rough appearance. Finely ground, smooth grains of sugar are better, since scrub the skin gently without cutting or scratching the skin.
7. Sandalwood powder
Another good facial scrub, sandalwood powder consists of fine particles gently polish the skin and remove the caps pore and dirt. It also helps prevent flaking of the skin. Because of its delicate woody fragrance, which is considered as one of best facial scrubs . Mild antibacterial properties also maintaining skin problems at bay.
correct procedure for Exfoliation:
Now that we have all the moolah in exfoliating agents, we will see how best to exfoliate the face. Making the procedure at home is cheap, but you have to take certain precautions. If you have oily skin , you can exfoliate more often. In fact, you probably have to! However, if you have sensitive or dry skin, you will have to be extremely careful of products you use and how rubs his face.
If suffer from acne should not scrub too hard or worsening redness and irritation. mechanical exfoliation is the simplest and cheapest method, while chemical peel is usually done by professionals uses many non-natural products.
The three methods of exfoliation:
a) physical exfoliation
- This involves using a facial scrub or cleanser.
- After damping face with warm water, massage your face with a gentle scrub with fingers in a circular motion.
- This helps scrub penetrate the deeper skin.
- exfoliating wash with water, dry and apply a generous amount of moisturizer.
Microdermabrasion is also a physical exfoliation method that can eliminate the deeper layers of the epidermis.
b) the enzymatic exfoliation
This refers to the use of topical products containing enzymes exfoliate face . The enzymes break down and dead skin cells dissolve, revealing the younger skin underneath.
c) chemical peel
acids and beta-hydroxy acids, which are found in many naturally occurring substances alpha-hydroxy, facial scrubs act as effective at certain concentrations . Alpha-hydroxy acids are effective between the concentrations of 5% and 8%, at a pH of 3 or 4.
- -hydroxy acids act optimally at concentrations between 1% and 2 %, at a pH of 3 or 4. a pH higher levels of these acids it can not function properly.
- scrub your face regularly is required to give attractive results.
- Remember not to overdo it and be patient as it takes time for natural products to take effect.
- The use, easy to make-at-home natural processes that will benefit most from chemical facials.
- These natural methods of exfoliation has no side effects and is likely to have lasting positive effects.
Madhavi is a senior editor UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. She is a graduate of expertise in human resources management, but fell for a healthy life. Considering how the people were not informed about personal health, fitness and fashion; she felt compelled to educate, enlighten and entertain the average Joe and Jane worldwide.