Chest pain! How common is it? Nearly 80 percent of women (and girls) during the menstrual cycle and during menopause, suffer from some degree of chest pain. chest pain, also known as breast tenderness, is associated with a lot of conditions in the life of a woman, all linked to hormones.
In medical terms, chest pain called mastalgia. Breast pain is not a health condition; is a warning sign or symptom of a condition.
The term chest pain may represent just chest pain. To be more precise, however, also it includes various discomfort and pain in different ways. The intensity of pain along with discomfort can vary widely from mild, manageable for devastating! Let’s see, how the chest pain is different from each other.
Types of chest pain
Breast pain is classified into two types, cyclic and non-cyclic pain pain.
The cyclical breast pain
As its name suggests, women experience cyclical breast pain during the menstrual cycle and a few days before and after menstruation. It is associated with fluctuating hormones in the body. About 70% of women experience or suffering from chest pain due to menstruation. Needless to say this is one of the common types of breast pain. Those who suffer from cyclical breast pain and discomfort can feel lumps in both breasts. It can be mild to severe and there can be no feeling of heaviness, pain, burning, itching or stinging pain, or a feeling of tightness in the chest.
Breast pain relief in these cases goes away by itself without treatment once the menstruation period is over.
noncyclic breast pain
Contrary to cyclic pain, chest pain noncyclic is not associated with menstruation period. Any form of chest pain that occurs frequently or remain constant can be classified as non-cyclical pain in breasts. It may also occur before, during and after menstruation, as well as at other times. This is one of the less common types of breast pain. Pain can occur in one or both of the mother and can affect the entire breast or only a specific area. You can feel burning, stinging or throbbing pain. Sometimes chest tightness can also feel.
pain in non-cyclical breast tends to establish itself in many women, but in some not reduce itself.
Possible causes of chest pain
Understanding the causes of chest pain helps treat pain easily.
The causes of cyclical breast pain
hormonal fluctuation is the possible cause of this type of chest pain. Breast tissues are affected due to the fluctuation in hormones. It causes mild obstruction and abrasion within the breast, resulting in the breast. Shortly after the completion of the hormonal cycle, the body becomes normal and breast pain decreases.
Clearly the cyclical breast pain occurs during menstruation. Breast pain occurs primarily during
- menstrual cycle
- muscle cramps during PMS
- Pre-menopause and during menopause
cyclical breast pain goes away without treatment after a few months of menopause.
Causes of chest pain noncyclic
There are many causes of chest pain is not cyclical. The main causes are as follows:
- injury or trauma to the breast
- breast surgery
- Certain (non-cancerous)
- benign conditions hormonal imbalance
- poor posture
- large breasts
- the use bra wrong size
- side effects of certain medications
- water retention / fluid retention in the body
- chronic gastritis
- frequent intake of oral contraceptives (as regulate hormones, which sometimes leads to breast pain as a side effect)
How to deal with chest pain is natural?
Breast pain can be effectively controlled with some simple remedies. The following are some simple home remedies to reduce chest pain.
Massage is a simple technique that can stimulate blood flow, strengthen muscles and reduce swelling and pain. You can self-massage of the breast to reduce pain.
- The massage helps manage healthy breast tissue.
- more nutrient absorption is permitted.
- Maintains firm breasts
- drains the swollen glands and reduces inflammation and lumpy.
- Reduces the risk of infection.
Massaging the breast also reduces pain caused due to improper posture, wearing wrong bra size, breast heaviness due to excess weight, etc.
What to use for breast massage?
It is recommended to choose an oil or essential oil mixed with a carrier oil to massage the chest. Although there are no restrictions on the use of any type of oil or skin care lotion to self massage the breast, using the following oils can provide additional benefits and quickly relieve chest pain.
castor oil massage
Castor oil has been used as a home remedy for ages and has great importance in alternative medicine. Castor oil containing ricinoleic acid, which is a potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties containing. It also helps in proper circulation and absorption of nutrients.
Since castor oil is quite dense than other oils, can be diluted with olive oil or coconut oil for easy application.
In simple terms, massage castor oil is a cleansing massage breast!
Evening Primrose Oil
Evening primrose oil is a popular remedy for chest pain. The key ingredient of this oil is Gamolenic acid, called GLA. GLA is nothing more than a type of fatty acid (similar to the omega 3 fatty acids) that helps your body manage and respond to hormonal alterations. So, apparently, that relieves chest pain and tenderness.
Caution : Evening primrose oil is a big no-no for pregnant women and women with history of epilepsy
Besides these, you can also use the sesame oil, olive oil and coconut oil to massage the breast. For quick, relief heat oil, add a small piece of ginger, and use oil. Ginger is a natural painkiller and reduces inflammation.
How self-massage of the breast
You can use oil or lotion to massage the chest. If you can not do without a long time, take a few minutes to massage the breast while the bath is taken.
- start massaging from the center of the chest and moving hands towards the armpit by 10 times.
- sternum massage bottom to the top of the neck collar for 10 times.
- Massage in circular motion through the breast.
- massage with circular movements in the clavicle (collarbone)
Remember, all massage movements should be smooth and not make the deep tissue massage. deep tissue massage is designed to enhance breast size.
bag ice and heat therapy
When it comes to pain, heat and ice packs come handy in most cases. Ice packs constrict blood vessels and reduce inflammation of the muscles and tissues. heat packs blood vessels dilate, allowing easy flow of blood without damaging muscles and reduces pain. Therefore, the combination of both or any single therapy may be beneficial for treating breast pain.
Ice pack and how to apply ice?
The coldness creates temporary numbness sensation in the chest and reduces chest pain.
- Take some ice cubes and wrapped in a plastic cover or a thin cloth.
- Apply the wrap breasts (collarbone to ribcage) gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You will feel better in 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do not apply ice directly on the breast.
Instead of ice cubes, you can buy a small package of water, freeze it and apply on the breasts. You can use any number of times as long as the package is not damaged.
Heat pack and how to apply heat to your breasts?
While applying ice packs on the chest is relatively easy, you may need to be very careful when heat is applied to her breasts. The skin of the breast tender and painful bruise can easily get the application of excessive heat.
You can apply heat pack in many ways.
- Heat water in a saucepan, soak a clean cloth and let it turn hot.
- Apply chest until the heat is maintained.
- Repeat the process again for 5 to 10 minutes.
- dry roast a handful of salt crystals in a saucepan.
- Do not lower the salt burn.
- roasted salt wrap a piece of cloth.
- Apply the poultice hot or warm salt in the chest.
- that can only focus on the area of pain.
Sal poultice also removes excess water or liquid breast and stands firm. Therefore, it is also good for those suffering from water retention.
Fennel tea to reduce the pain and discomfort of breast
Fennel is a small nucleus with the sweet aroma and mild flavor tickle! Fennel seeds are known for anti-flatulent and soothing for the stomach properties. Fennel seeds (as well as fennel plant) help rebalance the female hormones in the body.
Remember, if you suffer from chronic gastritis or acid reflux, which are more likely to experience pain in the middle of the breast, in the chest area. Do not confuse this pain with chest pain, even when it is similar to chest pain. Consumption of fennel can provide quick relief from bloating, breast and reduces pain.
- Add one teaspoon fennel seeds in boiling water and drink.
- After a few minutes, you can find relief from pain and discomfort breast.
- can also add fennel seeds when the infusion of tea.
Auto – Acupressure for chest pain
Acupressure is a technique that uses pressure on certain nerve points to get rid of uncomfortable body conditions. Make self Acupressure to reduce sensitivity and breast pain.
- Press the center of the chest (the place between her breasts known as point thymus) with fingers firmly. It should be firm but gentle pressure.
- do it for a minute and you can find relief from chest pain.
- Click the point on the palms, which is exactly between the middle finger and index finger. Reduces chest pain.
Avoid inflammatory foods
Inflammation of the sinuses also leads to pain and tenderness. If you avoid eating inflammatory foods, you can reduce and control pain.
- Eat meat proteins minor
- Avoid eating foods with hydrogenated oils and trans fats. Instead, include a lot of healthy fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds, coconut oil, etc.)
- Reduce sugar intake as sugar is a trigger of inflammation
- Add spices and anti-inflammatory diet, herbs such as turmeric and ginger.
- Include soy products in your diet. soy products can help control breast health and prevent breast problems. Therefore, include soy in your daily diet in any way.
Other home remedies for chest pain
There are several popular remedies used for centuries to relieve chest pain. The following are some remedies that you can try to control chest pain easily.
- Extract from the leaves of fresh cabbage raw cabbage, place in the breasts and wrapped with a cloth.
- let stand for 20 minutes.
- You will find relief from chest pain.
can also freeze fresh cabbage leaves and create a wrapper.
Peepal tree leaves
You need fresh leaves and wide to try this remedy from India Peepal tree. This is very effective in reducing the accumulation of fluid in the breast.
- Apply oil (oil) in the leaves and heat it in a pan.
- can also be heated directly on a candle. (Do not burn leaves)
- Place hot leaves in the chest.
- repeat for 3 to 5 minutes (replace the blades after using three times)
Nutritional needs to treat chest pain
As mentioned above, nutritional deficiency also affects breast cells and tissues, causing tenderness and chest pain. The following are some of the essential nutrients that can help regulate the overall breast health. Proper nutrition can reduce the occurrence of pain and breast tenderness caused due to both cyclic and non-cyclic causes.
Vitamin E is one of the very essential vitamins, because of its amazing properties for health. It is not just a vitamin that needs your skin. Women need more vitamin E than men, especially to avoid the risk of breast cancer and breast several other issues.
Women with low vitamin E are more likely to experience moderate to severe pain breast. This has been demonstrated in a study of a group of women. The group had enough vitamin E experienced low or no pain during periods and premenstrual days.
- Protects breast cells from free radicals.
- manages healthy cells and tissues
- Vitamin E protects selenium in the body. Low vitamin E over time as a result of low selenium.
Iodine is a key nutrient to prevent hypothyroidism. Iodine is also essential to prevent the development of cysts. low iodine levels lead to fibrocystic disease and breast pain.
- Iodine is an electron donor and a form of antioxidant.
- This prevents cells and tissues from oxidative damage.
- Iodine is fight infections and regulate immunity.
- Iodine plays a big role in managing the health of the tissues of the breast.
- breast physiology is regulated by iodine during non infants and infants times.
There is no need for iodine supplement that can get enough iodine salt. Cooking with salt or black salt rose to increase iodine intake. However, check with your doctor to determine if you need a supplement.
Water retention is one of the main problems in women. Liquids can accumulate in the body anywhere, including the breasts. It is caused mainly due to low levels of potassium. Potassium intake can reduce fluid buildup and reduce pain.
Bananas are rich source of potassium. Coconut water is also a great source of potassium and other minerals and vitamins.
magnesium may be called an analgesic nutrient. Low levels of magnesium leads to breast pain and poor muscle health. It also makes you feel very tired and affect the muscles in the body in general.
Bananas, soy, fish, nuts and seeds, dried fruits, dark chocolates, etc., are some of the foods that are rich in magnesium.
These nutrients can relieve chest pain. Check with your doctor and discuss the need to take supplements. If not, you can get these nutrients from food. Nuts and seeds contain all the nutrients in adequate levels mentioned above. Develop the habit of eating nuts and seeds as part of the diet or snacks.
Manage hormonal imbalance to prevent chest pain
The hormonal imbalance is the main cause of breast tenderness that can lead to severe pain and heaviness of the breasts. Estrogen dominance leads to tissue growth inflammatory breast. The following are some of the causes leading to estrogen dominance, leading to severe chest pain.
- nutritional deficiencies or malnutrition
- habits of poor diet, especially not having enough dietary fiber
- Constipation again due to lack of fiber in the diet
- stress! It affects all hormones in the female body
- high body fat. Body fat produces estrogen in the body. This is why obese women are more likely to suffer from chest pain too often
- poor liver function lead to slow the rate of liver detoxification. You can not eliminate unnecessary estrogen in the body.
- Insulin resistance
- Exposure to environmental toxins
- Eating flaxseed. Include flaxseed in your daily diet. Flax seeds contain phytoestrogens, which is a stronger and healthier estrogen that does not damage the tissues of the breast.
- eat a lot of foods rich in fiber to avoid constipation and drink a lot of water.
- Eat green vegetables and dark green to detoxify the body’s estrogen.
- limit at least for a few weeks of your diet. Substitute soy milk or almond milk. However, it may be useful in some cases, but not all.
- regulate the digestive process
- physically active
- Try to eat organic foods produced without the aid of any pesticide and herbicide.
- Eat and drink only non plastic cups, glasses and containers. Say goodbye to soft plastics and food stored in soft plastics.
consumption of dairy products
How to control the production of estrogen to treat and prevent chest pain?
If you are not able to regulate hormones on their own through diet and natural remedies, medical intervention and proper treatment is required for the treatment of conditions associated with chest pain.
How to deal with chest pain during puberty?
is very common to experience chest pain (severe chest pain) during puberty. It is the stage where the girls grow breasts due to hormonal changes. A healthy diet can be very beneficial to control chest pain. This pain is short-lived and does not last long.
How to deal with breast pain during pregnancy?
Like puberty, breast pain during pregnancy is common. In fact, breast pain and tenderness are the most common signs of pregnancy. It is not recommended to take any painkiller to get rid of pain and discomfort during pregnancy. It is inevitable and you have to manage occasional episodes of chest pain.
The key to managing breast pain during pregnancy is choosing the right bra. The breast size tends to increase throughout pregnancy occasionally. Therefore, you should find the proper bra every time you feel the above is not comfortable. Wear a supportive bra that has high flexibility and support.
- If you find a lot of discomfort, remove the bra when you sleep.
- Be careful when the bath is taken not rub the breasts.
How to deal with chest pain as a nursing mother?
chest pain, pain and heaviness of the breast are commonly experienced by a nursing mother. Because the secretion of breast milk, along with the hormonal fluctuations in the body, chest pain is inevitable. In addition, nursing mothers feel like having a heavy stone in the breasts!
- Give gentle breast massage with warm water to minimize the feeling of heaviness.
- choose the right nursing bra that can perfectly fit regardless of the size and shape of the unstable chest.
- Feed the baby using alternative breasts. Do not feed the baby using one breast, as it will lead to breast heaviness on the side unfed.
- Extract breast milk using a breast pump if the baby does not drink milk for some reason health or otherwise.
- Chew roasted seeds dry raw fennel or two or three times a day. It prevents and reduces pain during periods and premenstrual syndrome.
- Eat a low-fat diet.
- Avoid drinking coffee and refreshments.
- Avoid processed foods and salty foods high during periods.
- during menstruation Eat light foods to avoid inflation.
- drink a lot of fresh fruit juices and tender coconut water.
- If possible, try to rest if you suffer from breast pain during menstruation.
Tips to treat chest pain during menstruation?
One last word, chest pain is not a sign of breast cancer. Even if you have painful lumps or cysts, which does not have to be cancer. Most cancerous nodules are painless. However, do not take any risk and put your health at risk. When you find something abnormal, please consult a professional. Your health is more important than anything else! Stay alert and get rid of chest pain with simple but essential remedies when not hesitate to go to a doctor!