When the lower esophageal sphincter (LES ) it can not contract properly, allowing stomach acid to flow backward from the stomach into the esophagus, causing burning sensations in the chest and throat. This is what is known as acid reflux or heartburn. Other symptoms include abdominal bloating, belching, gas, and unpleasant taste in the mouth. Acid reflux is caused by poor diet, stress, smoking, overeating and lack of sleep, among other factors.
A lot of antacids are available without prescription, but its effects are short-lived and come with unwanted side effects. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural, affordable and effective way to get rid of heartburn forever shape. We are about to tell you how to use it, but first, let us tell you how it works.
Does honey helps to treat acid reflux?
- Honey soothes and heals damaged tissues.
- It is anti bacterial which prevents the growth of bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Honey contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes that are essential for proper digestion.
- Honey relieves irritation of the throat, esophagus tract soothing the internal corroded.
- It has anti -. Inflammatory feature that relieves pain and swelling in the throat and chest
- Honey contains potassium, which neutralizes stomach acids.
- Honey coats the esophagus and stomach, avoiding the irritation caused by stomach acids.
- LES contraction is stimulated, preventing acid reflux.
- helps to heal tissues damaged LES.
Using honey to treat acid reflux
Honey can be used alone or in combination with other natural ingredients that treat and prevent heartburn. For best results, always use raw, organic honey, unprocessed treatments for acid reflux. Try all the following methods until you find the one that works best for you.
- Mix a raw and 1 teaspoon organic honey in a glass of warm water.
- Drink one hour before meals.
- or eat alone or toast, pancakes, waffles, or mix it in a glass of hot water, herbal tea, organic fruit juice or smoothies.
- or consume one hour before each meal every day, and just before sleep each night.
- Note: Do not eat anything for at least 20 minutes after consuming the honey directly, as it reduces its effectiveness
2. Cinnamon and honey
cinnamon stimulates digestive enzymes and strengthens the digestive system.
- Boil 2 cups water and stir in 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of honey.
- daily drink.
- O mixture S3 / 4 ap teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Consume after meals to digest meals, even heavy.
- Or bake fresh apple and pumpkin slices and cover with honey and cinnamon powder. Consume to reduce heartburn.
3. The honey and ginger tea
ginger kills the bacteria that cause heartburn and promotes proper digestion.
- boil a cup of water and stir in 1 teaspoon peeled, chopped ginger root.
- reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of honey.
- drink regularly.
- Note :. You can drink the pieces of ginger along with tea or pouring out
- Mix 1 tablespoon ginger (grated, pieces, slices) and freshly squeezed lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of organic honey.
- Mix in 8 ounces of warm water.
- Drink this whenever acid reflux or indigestion problem is obtained.
4. Honey with chamomile tea
chamomile helps neutralize digestive acids and soothe the burning sensation. Chamomile tea Brew using a tea bag bought in the store and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink three times a day
5. honey with yogurt
yogurt restores the balance of good and bad bacteria in the digestive system, eliminates toxins and promotes proper digestion. stir 1 teaspoon honey 6 ounces low-fat Greek yogurt usual. Consume after dinner for proper digestion.
6. Honey with nail
Clavo promotes proper digestion.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with a pinch of powdered clove.
- Stir the mixture in a cup of warm water and drink.
- drink after meals or when symptoms of heartburn feel.
7. Honey with Lemon
lemon neutralizes stomach acids and kills the bacteria that cause acid reflux.
- Mix 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water.
- Drink one hour before meals or early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- drink regularly to get relief.
- You can also use 2 teaspoons lemon zest.
- a lemon Refrigerate overnight. In the morning grate using the grate cheese.
- Now add 1 ½ tablespoon of raw, unprocessed organic honey and a glass of warm water.
- Drink 30 minutes before breakfast to cure acid reflux.
8. Honey with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to restore the acid-alkaline balance in the digestive system.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of honey and apple cider vinegar, stir in a cup of water.
- Drink whenever you feel symptoms of heartburn.
9. Honey with sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes stomach acids and prevents acid reflux acting as an antacid.
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda and honey in a cup of warm water until completely dissolved.
- stir well that sodium bicarbonate should be completely dissolved in the water.
- Drink to get relief from acid reflux and indigestion.
10. Honey with green tea
Green tea promotes proper digestion. prepare a cup of organic green tea, mix 1 teaspoon of honey and drink whenever you have acid reflux.
11. Manuka honey peanut butter
Manuka is the highest quality available honey. It contains more beneficial than any other nutrients. Peanut butter just happens to taste really good with her. Mix 1 teaspoon honey and peanut butter and eat .
12. Honey with warm milk
The hot milk eases the esophagus and digestive tract.
- Add honey 1 teaspoon in a cup of low-fat milk or hot grease.
- drink to reduce the symptoms of acid reflux.
- Drinking regularly
13. Honey with baking soda and apple cider vinegar
- Mix 1 teaspoon each if honey, baking soda and vinegar apple cider.
- Stir the mixture into 16 ounces of warm water.
- Drink before meals or when you experience symptoms of heartburn.
Tips and Precautions:
For best results, follow the instructions when using honey to treat heartburn.
- Always use raw, organic honey, preferably from Manuka. pasteurization strips many nutrients which make effective treatment of heartburn such.
- Instead of cooking in the microwave honey, place the bottle in a pot of hot water to restore the viscosity.
- Honey increases levels of blood sugar. Those who suffer from diabetes should use with caution.
- Those allergic to bee pollen or not people should use honey to treat acid reflux.
- do not advise administration honey to infants and children younger than 2.
- Manuka honey acts as a natural antibiotic. It does not interact with drugs known and does not cause side effects.
- consult your doctor before starting regular treatments of honey.
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet can increase the effects of treatments honey.
Have you tried to treat acid reflux with raw, organic honey? Do you know of any method we not mentioned know? Share your experience with us!