S T. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. (WNDU) – The collection of leaves in Michiana is in its final stages, and before those leaves leave, here are some ways you can get rid of them before it is too late.
St. Joseph County not incorporated: Complete leaf collection, except in the municipalities of Clay, Harris and Penn.
If you are not part of those three municipalities and you still have leaves on the lawn, you can do one of three things:
– Burn leaves from Friday November 22 to Sunday November 24 during the period of burning amnesty of St. Joseph County
– Report the collection of lost leaves
– Contact the County Commission Office (574) 235-9535
– More information: St. Joseph County Leaf Program
South Bend: Leaf collection resumes until Wednesday, December 4 (weather permitting).
– To request a sheet collection or for more information, call 311
– More information: South Bend Fall ReLeaf Program
Mishawaka: Leaf collection resumes until Friday, December 6 (weather permitting)
– The leaves can be raked to the edge of the sidewalk
– The sheets can be put in bags and taken out during the weekly garbage collection
– Bring the brush to the Mishawaka Organic Center, 1105 East Fifth Street, from 8:30 a.m. at 3:15 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday
– More information: Mishawaka Leaf Collection
Elkhart: Leaf collection resumes until Friday, December 13 (weather permitting)
– Rake the leaves to stop and collect the leaves.
– Dispose of the leaves at the Elkhart County landfill
– More information: Elkhart leaf removal
. (tagsToTranslate) How Michiana residents can get rid of their sheets before