Dealing with fleas is part of loving your pet. Fleas are small insects that feed on the blood of animals and humans. Their bite causes itching and multiply at a faster pace once they enter the skin of your pet. They often live and feed on the skin of your pet. Fleas can not only disturb your lovely dog, but can also cause health problems for you and your loved ones!
What are the ways to combat fleas on your pets?
1) flea collar will help you: A flea collar helps keep fleas in control and that do not grow in number. Take 3-5 drops of lavender oil or cedar and 1-3 tablespoons of water. Mix them together and use 5 drops of this mixture by rubbing on the neck and tie it to the neck of your pet. You can reapply this mixture once a week and this will prevent fleas from growing further and give relief to your pet as well. Within a few applications, your pet will be free from flea infestation.
2) flea comb is an immediate response: This is a resource that uses lemon, containing limonene. It is a chemical that kills fleas and also repels them. Take 1 fresh lemon, 1 pot of fresh water and a comb. Throw in a couple of slices of lemon in a pot of boiling water and then turn off the heat. Cover this mixture with a lid. Let the mixture stand overnight and the next morning, dip the comb your pet in this mixture and run by the hair of your pet. This will give immediate relief from fleas, as they begin to die and fall off! This is a totally natural remedy and therefore does not harm your beloved pet in any way.
3) flea bag: This comes as a small bag that has a pleasant smell. However, the smell that emanates that is not pleasing to fleas. You can get these bags in most pet shops. However, you can also do it at home. Take a muslin cloth, rough cedar shavings 1-2 lavender buds and lemon peel. Make a burlap bag this muslin cloth and fill it with cedar chips, lavender buds and zest of 1 lemon. Which more or less on top as you may need to change the content within a few days. Place it under the bed to protect your pet from fleas.
4) keep their pets Cleaning Cleaning and hygiene play the most important role in keeping fleas away from pets and homes.While bathe your dog regularly itself can do wonders to keep fleas at bay, it is also possible to use a natural disinfectant cleaner to keep your furry friend. Take half a cup of lemon juice, 2 cups fresh water, half a cup of pet shampoo. Mix these ingredients together and poured into a bottle. Label so you know what the mix! Bathe your pets with this mixture once a week to keep fleas at bay. This disinfectant also helps to rid a flea infestation easily.
5) Make use of boric acid: Boric acid is a natural insecticide. Sprinkle some dust around your home, especiallyin those areas where your pet sit or sleep more often. This will include, carpets, furniture, bedding of your pet and soil. Boric acid kills fleas by dehydrating overnight. The next day, clean them with a vacuum cleaner and throw in a bag away from home.