Sore throats are caused by viral and bacterial infections. We have all experienced the discomfort of a sore throat, but many people do not know there is a way to treat them naturally and effectively without having to spend money on remedies for cold and flu business. You are about to discover several ways to use raw honey to treat and cure sore throat fast.
How it works raw honey cure a sore throat?
- Honey acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces swelling and inflammation.
- irritated skin, glands and mucous membranes in the throat calm.
- contains an enzyme called glucose oxidase, that fights and kills bacteria infections.
- Honey has natural antibacterial and antiseptic that kills bacteria and provides complete relief of sore throat properties.
- Honey acts as a hypertonic osmotic, which helps remove excess fluid from the inflamed tissue and relieve pain.
Using honey to treat sore throat
1. Plain honey
- Add 2 tablespoons raw honey to a cup of warm water or your favorite tea.
- Drink at least 3 times a day.
- or eating a spoonful of raw honey once in the morning and one at night.
2. Honey and turmeric
Turmeric is an anti-biotics. bacteria is killed or virus that causes sore throat.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a paste.
- swallow this mixture several times a day until the sore throat is gone.
3. The honey and ginger
Ginger is a natural painkiller. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that fight infection.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey with 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice.
- SIP to get rid of sore throat.
- Drink several times a day.
4. Honey, lemon and ginger
Lemon juice is anti-microbial and contains vitamin C.
- Crush or mixture of ginger root 3 inches, and then press to extract the juice.
- Mix the ginger juice and 3 tablespoons each of raw honey and lemon juice.
- Drink several times a day whenever your throat is sore.
5. Honey and Ginger Infusion
- Boil 4 cups of water.
- Add four ginger root slices or grated medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and add 3 tablespoons of raw honey.
- drink this regularly whenever you feel pain and painful.
6. Honey and garlic
- Pique 3 garlic cloves.
- should be mixed with ½ cup of raw honey.
- put a lid on the bowl and let sit overnight.
- Add 1 teaspoon of this mixture to a cup of hot water.
- Mix well and drink to clear the sore throat
- Drink 3 cups a day to prevent sore throat.
- Or you can eat 6 cloves garlic soaked in honey.
7. Honey and milk
Milk has not irritating soothing and relaxing properties that help moisten the throat
- a cup of milk is heated.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Drink before bedtime every night until it disappears sore throat.
8. Honey and Cinnamon
- Heat 1 cup milk consumption temperature.
- stir in 1 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon ginger powder and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- stir well and drink slowly to get relief from sore throat.
9. Honey, lemon and cayenne pepper
- Add freshly squeezed lemon, a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper a cup of hot water.
- drink it whenever necessary.
10. Honey and apple cider vinegar
- a cup of water is heated.
- stir in 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- drink when it’s hot.
- or mix 2 Tbps of apple cider vinegar in a cup and a half of warm water.
- also used for gargling and do this twice a day.
11. Honey Tea
- Mix one tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a glass.
- pour hot water over it
- SIP this to soothe sore throat.
- drink before bedtime is very beneficial.
Honey and lemon for sore throat and cough
Honey soothes the throat and fights bacteria that cause infection while lemon acts as a astringent that breaks the mucus. Lemons also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and contains essential nutrients and vitamins that support the immune system.
- a cup of water is heated until it is heated.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- SIP slowly and drink several times a day to get quick relief from sore throat.
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Boil for 3 minutes two halves.
- let them cool until they are pleasant to the touch.
- squeeze the juice into a bowl.
- stir in 1 cup of raw honey.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this mixture every 4 hours.
- Repeat periodically to soothe the throat and coat and cough caused by irritation.
- Take a tablespoon of honey and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Pour hot water into the bowl and mix well.
- Finally add a slice of lemon and enjoy the hot toddy.
- Repeat regularly to clear the sore throat.
- or sprinkle salt and pepper in half lemon. Lick slowly to clear the sore throat.
- inclination half fresh lemon over medium heat.
- Broil until skin is golden brown and allow to cool slightly
- then get the juice and mixed with a teaspoon of honey
- Swallow mixture rid of pain throat.
Manuka honey for sore throat
Manuka honey is honey 100% natural product that has no known side effects. Active Manuka honey is rich in antioxidants and contains antibacterial properties that help kill the virus that causes strep sore throat and cough.
- Take 3 tablespoons manuka honey every day.
- If you have an infection of two to three days, keep honey in the mouth for a few seconds by moving it around before swallowing.
- keep doing this process regularly for a month to stop the infection completely.
- For severe sore throat, take 10+, 15+, 20+ or manuka honey every 2-3 hours.
- can also stir in water, fruit juice or tea, or spread it on toast.
- a cup of water is heated.
- Add 1 teaspoon of manuka honey and lemon juice.
- Drink slowly to get relief from sore throat.
- Follow this regularly to get rid of a sore throat.
Other tips to treat and prevent sore throat
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Get plenty of exercise.
- Get enough sleep.
- Avoid stress.
- not give honey to children under 1 year.
Have you tired any of these methods for using honey to treat a sore throat? Do you know other methods that we have not mentioned? Share your experience with us!