cold is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract, ie nose and throat. Colds are not harmful, but they have symptoms such as runny nose, sore throat, cough, mild fever, sneezing, etc. Colds are usually heals in about 7 -. 10 days
You can reduce cold symptoms easily with common ingredient honey. In this article we will explain how it helps to treat cold.
How honey helps treat colds?
Honey has natural properties that help treat colds.
- Honey contains antioxidants, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that fight viruses, bacteria and fungi to treat cold symptoms and their underlying.
- Helps relieve a sore or scratchy throat naturally and relieves irritation.
- It stimulates the immune system, reducing the severity of cold and also prevents future colds and other viruses.
How honey for cold treatment is used:
1. Honey and Cinnamon
cinnamon has antifungal properties that effectively prevent colds anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, antiviral, antibacterial and.
- Mix one tablespoon lukewarm honey and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Consuming this twice a day for three days.
- Note: You can mix honey and cinnamon fruit salads, hot water, fruit juices, tea, etc.
regular consumption of honey will help treat colds and their symptoms as well as many other health problems.
- Eating a tablespoon of honey at the first sign of a cold or cough.
- . Note: You can add honey and lemon juice for tea or warm water if you do not want to consume raw
3. Gargle honey
gargle honey ease the pain of a sore throat and help the body get rid of colds faster.
- Mix one tablespoon of raspberry leaves or lemon juice with two cups of hot water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Gargle the solution.
4. The raw honey and onions
- a whole red onion cut into slices.
- Coat the onion slices with honey and a little sugar.
- honey and onions Allow to soak overnight and consume a teaspoon in the morning.
- repeat the process several times a day as needed.
5. Honey, lemon and ginger
- Get a mason jar 8 oz.
- Fourth whole lemon and place the slices in the bottle.
- grate a “Nob 1.5 square ginger and add to the pot.
- Mix and add enough honey to fill the jar while mixture.Soak is stirred for a few hours and then add 1 or .. 2 tablespoons of the mixture of hot water and drink
- Note: Be sure to keep the jar in the refrigerator for later use
6. honey and cinnamon tea
honey and cough suppression of cinnamon, which allows a person with cold symptoms to get a better night’s sleep.
- Steep 0, 5 to 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a cup of water for five minutes, then remove the crust
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and mix well
- Note:.. is better to drink this tea before bedtime to improve sleep quality
7. honey and cold water
- Fill a glass with cold water.
- Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of honey and microwave for 10 seconds.
- . Note: If the mixture is too bitter, you can add sweetener
8. Honey and Brandy
Brandy has antimicrobial properties that thin mucus accumulated by the cold. If this mixture is consumed before bed, which will help the patient breathe freely cool, limit cough and relieve sore throat, thus allowing a better night’s sleep.
- Boil about 3 ounces of water.
- Pour 1.5 to 2 ounces of brandy in a cup of tea.
- Add hot water for cognac and stir in a teaspoon of honey.Squeeze a slice of lemon in tea.
- Repeat as necessary.
9. Honey and Whisky Hot Toddy
whiskey can help in relieving cold symptoms. Bourbon helps treat congestion and sore throat, while Irish whiskey is useful for treating a persistent cough.
- Combine equal parts whiskey, honey and fresh lemon into a cup.
- Microwave until mixture is hot and slowly sip.
- Note: If the mixture is too strong a flavor, add ¼ cup hot water
10. Honey and lemon Tea
Regularly drinking honey and lemon tea will help get rid of cold symptoms.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a cup.
- Add enough hot water to fill the cup.
- stir and drink.
11. Honey with Lemon and Cinnamon
Regularly drinking honey, lemon and cinnamon prevent colds and help relieve cold symptoms.
- Squeeze half a lemon in ½ cup of warm water.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- Stir well and drink.
12. Manuka honey for cold
Manuka honey contains antibacterial, antiviral, which makes it effective in the treatment of the symptoms of cold and flu. It contains more minerals, amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants than any other type of honey, allowing you to stimulate the immune system to prevent colds and provide more energy. Manuka Honey also has an active ingredient of natural origin, UMF, which does not lose its potency when exposed to heat and light as well as other types of honey.
- consume a teaspoon of manuka honey 3 to 4 times per day.
- . Note: Manuka honey consumption regularly helps prevent symptoms of cold and flu
13. Little Honey Elixir cold
This method is a form of free medicines to help relieve cough and sore throat, naturally. It is safe for children who are at least 12 months old and is free of alcohol, saccharin, and gluten. Parents should consult with their pediatrician before giving your child honey because it can interact with certain medications or trigger an allergy.
- Children 1 to 4 years of age should be given 1 teaspoon of raw, organic honey, unpasteurized.
- Children older than 4 years old and adults should consume 2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey, unpasteurized.
- . Note: Honey should not be given to children under 12 months of age because it can cause botulism, which can be fatal
The honey is a very effective way to prevent and treat colds and cold symptoms, but it is important to follow these precautions.
- Honey should not be given to children under 12 months of age because it can cause botulism, which can be fatal.
- Honey should be raw, organic, and unpasteurized for best results.
- Parents should consult with their pediatrician before giving your child honey because it can interact with certain medications or trigger an allergy.
- Few people are allergic to honey and cinnamon. Consult your doctor before following the remedy.