Do you, like millions of others, turning in bed at night, rarely enough sleep to make it through the next day? Insomnia is rampant and can be very detrimental to your health. Sleep is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle and is as necessary as food and water for survival.
Maybe you’ve become sleeping pills over the counter for help or even prescription drugs. Both can be highly detrimental and some even addictive, negative impact over time.
The good news is that there are many natural remedies for insomnia that are equal, if not more, effective than chemical based solutions. This recipe uses some highly therapeutic ingredients that are well known for their ability to induce a good night’s sleep.
Next time you find yourself tossing and turning, put all this natural aroma of sleep to work for you.
Why this sleepy balm works so well
The basis of this sleep soothing balm contains three ingredients safe for the skin, coconut oil, grape seed oil and beeswax. The blend of essential oils work together to produce the powerful effect has this balm.
- Orange essential oil :. In addition to being a potent antioxidant, orange essential oil has a calming effect and promotes peace and tranquility
- lavender essential oil : Of course, lavender is best known for its qualities to reduce anxiety . The soothing scent helps to relax and set aside your concerns.
- essential oil of cedarwood :. If you find that you are thinking too much at bedtime, this essential oil will help your slower brain function, reducing stress
- vetiver essential oil :. This oil is known for its ability to relax nerves and help the person deal with overstimulation
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (buy here )
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (buy here )
- 1/4 cup beeswax (buy here )
- 20 drops of orange essential oil (buy here )
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil (buy here )
- 20 drops of essential oil of cedarwood (buy here )
- 20 drops of essential oil of vetiver (buy here )
- container of your choice with a lid (eg these )
- Measure coconut oil, grape seed oil and beeswax. (Photo 1)
- Place the oil in a glass container suitable for microwaves. (Photo 2)
- Put the glass bowl in the microwave. (Photo 3)
- Heat the oil for 45 seconds to 1 minute until completely melted. (Photo 4)
- Let oil cool a few minutes before the addition of essential oils. When the container is not hot to the touch, add the essential oils. Stir well. (Photo 6)
balm Place in the refrigerator to harden. Rub generously on your pulse points and soles of the feet and enjoy a restful night.
The homemade Sleepy Time Balm to send directly to sleep first appeared in Natural living ideas .