If you live in a dry or windy weather, or one that is drenched in sun, your skin will be affected. This is especially true if you are in their upper years as the skin’s natural ability to balance and kept moist declines as we age.
Sure, you can buy a lot of products at your local pharmacy, but many of them contain harmful chemicals that actually remove the skin of natural moisture and leave it looking dull and listless.
A much better idea is to feed your skin with natural oils. Here are some of the best oils and a fabulous and highly effective serum to hydrate the face and skin conditioning.
Oil Moisturizing Anti-Aging
These oils are a face serum that will keep you looking young and vibrant while protecting your skin from the harsh elements and aging process.
rosehip: rosehip oil is extracted from the seeds of Rosa aff. eglanteria or Rosa moschata. Contain fatty acids, vitamins E, C and B-carotene. The antioxidants in this oil helps to protect against free radicals caused by toxins and the environment while stimulating collagen production and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This oil can also decrease the redness, irritation and even skin tone out. Read more about magical beauty benefits of rosehip oil here .
Frankincense: This essential oil comes from Resin Boswellia carterii or Boswellia Sacara tree found in Somalia. Used therapeutically for thousands of years, frankincense oil is a powerful astringent which means it can protect skin cells, reduce the signs of aging and help lift and tighten the skin. You can also reduce inflammation and reduce the appearance of dark spots . Read more about some of incredible incense oil benefits here .
Helichrysum: The paper flower plant is part of the sunflower family that produces a healing oil that can reduce inflammation and stimulate tissue regeneration. The oil has powerful antibacterial properties and is often used to help treat outbreaks.
Mirra: myrrh oil comes from a dry resin is extracted from Commiphora myrrh tree, and is another ancient oil having very strong moisturizing properties. Myrrh contains powerful antioxidants and anti-fungal properties so it is a wonderful and relaxing addition to this serum face.
Geranium: The Egyptians were very fond of geranium oil and used in a number of ways, including promoting beautiful skin. It reduces inflammation and helps lock moisture in the skin. As an additional benefit, this oil is also highly sought after because the ability to brighten moods and restore equilibrium.
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons of rosehip oil (buy here )
- 10 drops of frankincense essential oil (buy here )
- 5 drops of essential oil of Helichrysum (buy here )
- essential oil of myrrh 5 drops (buy here )
- 5 drops of geranium essential oil (buy here )
- dried rose petals (optional)
- Gather all the supplies together, resend the oil, spray or dropper bottle, essential oils and dried rose petals. (Top left photo)
- Carefully pour the rosehip oil in the bottle 1 oz (top right photo)
- Add each essential oil with the number of drops and some called dried rose petals if desired. I loved enough oil this container looks with just a few petals added. (Bottom left photo)
- Use the dropper or spray bottle and place 5 or 6 drops or a spray on hands and apply on face and neck. (Bottom right photo)
Apply this oil morning and night to keep your skin soft and hydrated.
The done at home Hydrating Anti-Aging Serum Rosehip oil first appeared in Natural living ideas .