To filter the air we breathe, the mucous membrane of the trachea or airway produces a thick liquid substance. This is known as Flem. Flem production increases when there is an infection in the respiratory tract. Flem contains infection-causing pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses or inflammatory cells that are produced in response to infection.
Flem throat is an indication of infection. If the person is healthy Flem be white.
• The Flem dark yellow color is an indication of lower respiratory tract infection or bacterial infection.
• People who smoke have phlegm dark brown
• If there is blood in the phlegm, is a symptom of bronchitis
• color Green Flem indicates pneumonia
Causes of Flem
Flem production in the body occurs as a result of infection, irritation, throat or due to serious medical conditions. Some of the important causes for Flem in adults and children are listed below.
• infections like the common cold, flu, bronchitis and COPD.
• Allergic reaction to irritants such as asthma and hay fever
• Damage to the vocal cords due to overexertion
• Smoking causes dryness of the vocal cords. This leads to excess production Flem to line the airways
is normal to have Flem that will last up to a week for an infection. If symptoms or blood in the Flem is best to consult a doctor. Expel the Flem whenever possible and you can try some home remedies to cure the problem.
Home Remedies for throat Flem
1. Honey and lemon tea
Honey improves the immune power of the body and has antiseptic properties. Lemon has antibacterial properties and vitamin C present in them improves the body’s resistance power against infection.
• Drink hot tea to honey and lime is added at least three times a day to relieve throat and reduce production Flem
2. Ginger and cinnamon
Ginger it is effective in reducing infections of throat and respiratory tract, as it has antibacterial properties. It has been used for centuries in treating cold and sinus.
• Mix the ginger, cinnamon and carnation
• Add a cup of hot water to this mixture
• Remove and strain and drink the strained mixture with a teaspoon of honey in it.
• You can use the herbal tea made from chamomile to get rid of mucus.
The present sulfur in garlic fight bacteria and other organisms that cause infection. When infection phlegm production is reduced also reduced.
• Eating raw garlic teeth before going to bed.
• Instead can be used in all food preparations
4. Milk and turmeric
Turmeric has antiseptic properties. Drinking milk and turmeric improves the body’s immune system and make it more effective in fighting infections.
• Drink a glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of turmeric to
• Take this mixture before going to bed.
5. Honey and pepper
Pepper is used to treat various infections of the throat. Honey soothe the mucous membranes of the throat.
• Add a pinch of white pepper or black with a teaspoon of honey
• Take this mixture twice a day for five days to reduce the sore throat and Flem production.
6. Inhaling steam
Steam inhalation Flem loosen the chest, nose, throat, etc. and helps in eliminating body Flem.
• Inhale steam from a basin of boiling water
• If desired you can add aromatic oils such as eucalyptus oil to the water and inhale the steam.
• You can also have hot showers to loosen the Flem in the body.
Eucalyptus has antiseptic properties and oil vapors avoid production of mucus in the throat.
7. Gargle with salt water
The salt can kill the bacteria that cause strep throat and can reduce the formation of phlegm. The gargling help clear the Flem caught in the back of the throat and inside the air ducts.
• Mix a tablespoon of salt with a cup of warm water
• Gargle by using the mixture for 30 seconds
• Repeat the cure several times a day
8. Avoid irritants
Exposure to irritants can cause respiratory irritation and may aggravate Flem production. Always keep your windows open for fresh air.
• Avoid exposure to paint fumes, chemicals, cleaning products that cause irritation of the respiratory tract.
shallots contain sulfur which will clear the infection of the airways. Reduce irritation of mucous membranes.
• Drink 6-8 shallots and peel.
• Eat sugar peeled shallots
• You will have a burning sensation in the airways, which is a sign that the remedy is working.
10. Avoid smoking
One of the important things to do when you have a throat infection and Flem is to avoid smoking. Anything that affects the respiratory system inhales. Smoke from cigarettes, cigars can worsen the condition of the throat. The compounds derived from them interfere with the body’s natural healing.
• Smoking irritates the throat and worsens respiratory conditions.
• Cut smoking at least until your nose and throat is clear.
11. Spicy food
Spicy food helps loosen mucus and helps in easy removal of Flem body.
• Eating spicy foods containing cold, pepper, chili, ginger wasabi horseradish, garlic, etc. to loosen mucus.
12. Keeping your body hydrated
Like all other diseases, keeping the body hydrated helps the body eliminate phlegm.
• Drink water every hour to make fine Flem
• You can increase fluid intake in the form of tea, liquid soups, etc.
13. Rinse nasal
wash clean water and saline through breast help clear mucus in the throat. This is used in ayurvedic treatments to clear phlegm.
• You can use nasal saline flush available at the pharmacy
• Use the nettipot to clean the nose and sinuses.
14. Use a humidifier
The moisture humidifiers can make the mucus in your thinner and easier to expel body.
• Keep the humidifier on when you are having Flem throat.
• Do not forget to run the humidifier at night
• You can even add essential oils like eucalyptus oil to the water to increase the fight mucosa.
This is one of the ways used by singers to break the Flem throat. You will be able to create vibrations buzz that will be able to break the mucus.
• Try humming the music from 10 to 15 minutes to loosen phlegm
16. blow your nose regularly
You might think it is embarrassing and crude for the mucus out of his body by blowing your nose, but the best way to get rid of the Flem and the infection causing germs in your body.
• Do not ignore the need to cough mucus from the nose or blow
• phlegm can not swallow, this will introduce germs into your system
• Keep a box of tissues to release the mucosa .
17. Avoid fried foods Food
fried foods are cooked in excess fat and therefore will be greasy.
• Excessive intake of fried foods daily will increase the time for the lining of your body to break down.
• Therefore, when you suffer from Flem sure to avoid completely fried cooking oil and even food for a speedy recovery.
18. Avoid meat
is ideal for you to avoid meat and poultry when you have Flem throat.
• Meat mucus production will increase and therefore should be avoided when suffering from cold.
• You also will not be able to enjoy the taste of meat and poultry with a stuffy nose.
• Stay away from meat, if you are suffering from excess mucus.
19. Avoid milk products
Dairy products increase mucus production in the body or Flem
• avoid consuming dairy products such as yogurt, butter, butter, cheese etc.
20. chicken soup
• hot chicken soup will help in hydrating the airways
• also help break the mucus.
• Be sure to drink at least one or two soup bowls full of hot soup to clean chicken Flem throat.
Do you find it very difficult to control their nasal drops? Want to get rid of the Flem throat is really creating a problem or if? Then, you need to try some of the home remedies mentioned above will help you easily get rid of the Flem throat without much trouble. You may need to try a combination of two or three home remedies to see effective results in quick time.