Receding gums, as its name suggests, occurs when the gum tissue around the teeth wears and gums appear to recede back making greater surface area of the most visible teeth. When gums recede, resulting in gaps between the teeth and gums. This makes it easy for bacteria to accumulate and survive there. If you do not contain receding gums, even the root of the teeth can become exposed which in turn can cause pain to develop extremely sensitive teeth. Not only this, due to damage to the supporting structures of bone tissue and teeth, may lose teeth.
The symptoms of receding gums
Despite the recession of the gums is very general dental problem does not seem
most of the people suffering from it realize that it is timely because the process is very slow and occur gradually. However, if the tooth becomes sensitive, you should check receding gums because this one of the first signs of receding gums. Also, when you feel your tooth or teeth appears to be larger than before, immediately start treating the tooth as this is merely a problem of receding gums. You can list the symptoms of receding gums as follows:
- Tooth sensitivity
- tooth appears larger than normal
- pain or pain tooth
causes of receding gums
receding gums often indicate gum disease. However, there are many other causes of receding gums that are listed here:
- gum disease, periodontal disease talking specifically mean bacterial infections that occur in the gums. These infections damage the gum tissue and bone supporting teeth that lead to gum recession and then other problems.
- Poor oral hygiene. If you do not brush or floss properly using, you can finish the construction of plaque on teeth. This plate becomes tartar, also called tartar. Tartar is the hard substance between the teeth and can cause gum recession.
- Brushing teeth aggressively. Yes, this is contrary to the above cause, which says that if you do not brush properly, it is possible to obtain receding gums. In fact, if aggressively teeth brushing, then also you can get receding gums. This is because such an aggressive act the enamel wears present in the teeth. This in turn makes the gums recede.
- Inheritance is also sometimes a cause. If genes are the cause of their receding gums it is very little you can do to prevent it.
- Hormonal changes, especially in women, also can sometimes cause receding gums. Changes in hormones cause most sensitive and vulnerable gums.
- Smoking not only causes various diseases, including cancer and lung diseases, but also receding gums. Those who consume snuff in any form are likely to have sticky plaque on teeth. This leads to gum recession.
- The misuse of shaped teeth grinding and clenching teeth exert pressure on leading the gums to recede. similar force when placed in the teeth, for example, when taking bites while eating can lead to receding gums. This happens when you have crooked teeth and when they do not join evenly while eating.
- Perforation of the lips or tongue can also cause gum recession. This is because the jewelry you wear after drilling can get rubbed against the gums. This can lead to gum tissue deteriorates.
Medical treatment of receding gums
When you notice the gums recede over time, a dentist can deal with processes deep cleansing used for teeth, such as the scale tooth and root planing. In these, the dentist will carefully remove the plaque and tartar that accumulates on the teeth and root surfaces below the gumline. However, if you have late in identifying its receding gums, the dentist can go for gum surgery to repair damage caused by its receding gums. These surgeries may include procedures such as reduction of pocket depth, regeneration of the lost bone tissue and teeth and gums, soft tissue graft, etc. However, if you do not want to go to these dental treatments, which may well take some home remedies that can treat your receding gums. But if your gums have an infection, you must first visit a dentist so you can know the depth of the bacteria have invaded. Sometimes you may have to take help of dentists, particularly ilyf your gum recession is at an advanced stage. Otherwise, home remedies for receding gums are sufficient. You can even grow again receding gums with proper dental care and certain natural remedies.
How can receding gums grow back?
Gums are nothing but the soft tissues covering the bones that support the teeth so they can stay in place. These tissues also cover the roots of the teeth. Because many causes described above gums recede to expose your teeth and root. Dental proper hygiene, diet and certain home remedies such as traction oil can help your receding gums grow back. We will discuss these resources in the following sections of this article.
and natural home remedies for receding gums
Here are some remedies that use simple ingredients kitchen and sometimes herbs and spices, etc. To try and regrow their receding gums.
Green Tea for receding gums
The health benefits of green tea are many. You can add the treatment of receding gums to this too. As is well known, green tea has a lot of antioxidants that keep many diseases away by combating free radicals. Free radicals in the mouth can cause periodontal disease can lead to receding gums. Green tea has catechins, an antioxidant that helps fight even existing periodontal disease. These catechins in green tea the link between gums and teeth will be strengthened. The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea reduce inflammation of the gums that clog the proper healing of the gums and oral diseases.
Do the following:
- make a cup of refreshing green tea itself in the morning.
- Have a cup of green tea a day as in the morning.
Aloe Vera for receding gums
Another agent natural anti-inflammatory herb aloe vera is. Aloe vera is popular as a remedy beneficial for most skin problems herbs. This is due to their ability to repair anti-inflammatory cells, as well. When it comes to receding gums, aloe vera not only reduces inflammation of the gums, but also activates the cells that are important for tissue repair. Aloe vera also has anti-bacterial properties that help keep infections away from your mouth.
- The aloe vera gel
Do the following:
- There are two ways to use aloe vera gel for the rewind or gingival for brushing and as a mouthwash.
- Morning and evening, when brushing and flossing they are, take some aloe vera gel on your toothbrush and brush your teeth and gums once again. Rinse mouth well after finishing after 3-5 minutes.
- Alternatively, use aloe vera gel as a mouthwash. After brushing morning, add a little water to the aloe vera gel and mix well to get a consistency that is easy to turn around his mouth. Wash your mouth with mouthwash this aloe vera. Do this every time you brush during the day.
oil pulling with sesame oil to treat receding gums
traction oil is one of the most effective traditional treatments for various oral diseases. Especially famous for healing cavities , pulling oil can even prevent and reverse receding gums. Anti-inflammatories and many other properties of sesame oil helps remove toxic elements from the mouth, along with reducing plaque buildup. As also mentioned above, the accumulation of plaque can contribute to gum recession in a major way. The sesame oil provides a protective layer on the teeth that prevent plaque formation there. Ayurveda recommends oil not only to pull the healing of many oral diseases, but also for better absorption of nutrients in your body.
- Sesame oil
Do the following:
- Heat sesame oil slightly. Never make hot, just warm it up a bit.
- After brushing teeth, taking sesame oil in the mouth.
- swirl and swish this oil all around the mouth for several minutes.
- Initially it is possible to drive oil for half a minute and continue to increase over time as you get used to it.
- try to reach a point where they are able to pull oil for about 15-20 minutes at a time.
oil pulling with coconut oil to treat receding gums
Coconut oil has excellent antimicrobial properties and therefore can be sure that immensely help in prevention and treatment of any infection is present in the mouth. As you know that bacterial and other oral infections also cause gum recession, coconut oil can be a good remedy to combat it. Not only prevent tooth decay and heal the cavity, coconut oil pulling is able to treat almost all issues, including gum retraction of the gums.
- coconut oil, virgin coconut oil preferably
Do the following:
- After brushing your teeth every day, use a little coconut oil as a mouthwash.
- Take coconut oil in your mouth and swirl and swish it around your mouth.
- Do this for 1-2 minutes initially and continue to increase over time as you get used to throwing oil.
- If you want to treat all oral diseases and maintain protected mouth of any disease in the future, pull coconut oil in his mouth for about 15-20 minutes a day.
- This can also regrow their receding gums.
eucalyptus for receding gums
Essential oils have all the essential properties of the herbs that are composed of. In fact, its strength is more than the actual herbs. That’s why only a couple of drops of essential oils are enough to cure a disease like eucalyptus oil to cure receding gums. It is an effective germicide and therefore kills all the germs in your mouth to protect against oral diseases that lead to gum recession. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, inflammation of the gums is reduced. However, never apply undiluted, as it is too strong for the soft gum tissue.
- eucalyptus oil 1-2 drops
- Water 1-2 tablespoons
Do the following:
- Add eucalyptus oil to the water and mix well.
- Now put your fingers or toothbrush that has soft bristles () in this diluted oil.
- Gently massage the gums with this for a few minutes.
- wash the mouth with water.
- This not only cure and prevent gum recession, but also stimulate the growth of new gum tissue.
myrrh to receding gums
This obtained resin myrrh tree has traditionally been used to treat many diseases of the gums and mouth diseases. Not only gum recession stops, but also prevents further damage to the gums.
Do the following:
- take some myrrh and if it is not one powder and resin is shaped, crush to get their dust.
- Blend adds water to this powdered myrrh.
- Mix well to obtain a paste-like consistency.
- Now massaging the gums with this myrrh dough for a few minutes.
- can also use a toothbrush for the purpose.
Clove oil for receding gums
Clove oil has been used for oral diseases, particularly for toothache . But did you know that the nail has excellent disinfectant properties! Its fine anti-bacterial properties help keep your mouth free of germs, which is a prerequisite for the treatment of any oral disease. This oil also has anti-inflammatory properties and thus reduces swelling in the gums. It is very important to reduce inflammation if you want to treat periodontal disease. Whenever a tooth is chewed, the numbing effect inside your mouth feel. This is also a very good way to use for any tooth of oral disease. After meals, chewing a clove and be sure to read its contents (oil) reach all corners of the mouth. This also eliminates any odor coming from his mouth. Alternatively, you can try using clove oil.
- Clove oil 1-2 drops
Do the following:
- Apply clove oil gum.
- Now massage gently for a few minutes.
- Do this 1-3 times a day.
Caution :. If you are taking medication blood clotting, consult your doctor before using clove oil
lemon oil for receding gums
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties mild lemon come handy when it comes to keeping your mouth free of germs. In fact, it is also a good remedy to regrow receding gums, as it stimulates the growth of new gum tissue. The refreshing smell of lemon keeps everything bad breath too. However, because lemon is acidic in nature, its regular use can damage tooth enamel. Therefore, the use of lemon oil only once a week and not every day is recommended. Instead of using very strong lemon essential oil, try to make your own lemon oil at home, so you are safe from the harmful effects it has on your tooth enamel.
Make lemon oil at home for receding gums
- olive oil 1/4 1/2 cup
- lemon juice – 1/2 – 1 fresh lemon
Do the following:
- Take oil in a jar with a lid.
- Add lemon juice freshly squeezed in this oil.
- cover the jar with the lid.
- shake well and place it in the shade to prepare an infusion.
- That this infusion for a few weeks before you start using it for your oral health.
- Stir once each day.
- After a few weeks, may be 3-4 weeks, start using this lemon oil.
- To use it, you can take a small amount of lemon oil on the finger or a toothbrush.
- Gently massage the gums with this for a few minutes.
- do this only once a week or at most twice a week, no more than that.
Tips to avoid gum recession
Prevention is always better than cure, the old saying goes. As for the growing instance of receding gums more and more people, it seems useful to take caution and start taking care of your oral health. This not only prevents the receding gums, but also other oral diseases. But how to take good care of your gums and teeth so that you are saved against periodontal diseases. Here are some tips for the same, for preventing the recession of the gums and oral care.
Maintaining proper oral hygiene
You should take proper care of your mouth to not only prevent gum recession, but also to avoid any other oral disease.
- Never brush aggressive.
- Whenever brushing, do it with smooth strokes and a circular motion.
- Never push up the gums during brushing. Brush along the gum lines.
- Do not use too large a toothbrush. A brush with a small head and soft bristles is ideal for your mouth.
- Do not forget to floss, because it is essential for removing plaque.
- The ideal condition is brushing your teeth after every meal. If, however, it is not possible every time, at least rinse your mouth with water after meals.
The use mouthwash to clean your mouth
The use of mouthwash every day keeps germs out of your mouth. As you know that infection is the most common cause of receding gums, you should use a daily mouthwash. Although you can always buy a germicidal mouthwash market, if you want to go all natural, make your own natural mouthwash using certain essential oils.
- Take 1/4 -1/2 cup water and add 1-2 drops of these essential oils like tea tree, mint, clove, sage or oil. Now wash your mouth with this natural mouthwash, at least for a minute swirling around the inside of his mouth.
- Hydrogen peroxide is another safe way to keep your computer protected from infection in the mouth. But I never use it alone. Always dilute its small amount of water and rinse your mouth with it.
If possible, use a mouthwash after every meal. If not, use it at least twice, once in the morning and once when you go to bed at night.
drink enough water during the day
This is essential for your overall health. If you did not know that drinking lots of water can even keep your gums healthy, be aware of it that it does. Here are some reasons why the water helps prevent gum recession.
- By drinking plenty of water, all the toxins get flushed out of your body and this includes your mouth too. This prevents the mouth to get any type of bacterial infection and therefore there is no gum recession.
- Water also cleans your mouth. Ideally, you should clean the mouth after eating anything. If, however, sometimes it does not, whenever you drink water, food particles trapped in the mouth are cleaned away and swallow them with water. Always try to at least swish around some water in your mouth if you can not rinse. It is never a bad idea to swallow this water (if you can not throw them away) for food particles in the mouth enters the stomach, where you can digest or discarded as waste material.
eat healthy food and avoid junk foods
healthy food not only to maintain your overall health intact but also increase their immunity to avoid an infection. Junk food, on the other hand give enough bacteria and other microbes opportunity to grow and thrive in your mouth that leads to infection and eventually the gum recession.
- Eating lots of fruits and vegetables, especially those containing nutrients such as vitamin C. This vitamin is essential for the health of their gums. Vitamin C reduces inflammation of the gums, prevent oral diseases and promotes regeneration of the gums. Therefore, they have plenty of strawberries, pineapples, oranges and vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc.
- Avoid having food and drinks such as sugary sodas. They are ideal for the growth of bacteria.
- Also avoid processed foods, caffeine, alcohol and foods made with white flour. They are not good for your oral health, even for your overall health.
ask your doctor for supplements to prevent receding gums
Yes, deficiency of many vital nutrients in your body is also responsible for poor oral health and receding gums. Go to your doctor and find out from their recommended if you lack any vitamin or other essential nutrient testing. If so, ask him to prescribe them. Here are some supplements that can help in the prevention of gum recession.
- Calcio – is essential for bone and dental health
- Ginkgo Biloba Improves blood circulation which is essential for healthy gums.
- Vitamin C- is anti-inflammatory and also increases your immunity so that it is protected against infection.
- Coenzyme Q10- promotes cell renewal. Therefore, it can help regrow the receding gums.
- Zinc immunity is improved. A strong immunity means you do not get an infection easily and therefore protection against oral diseases as well. This will keep your gums healthy and not face the problem of receding gums.