vaginal candidiasis is a type of infection that most women suffer. In fact, it affects 3 out of 4 women at some point in their lives. Some women may even experience more than one episode of it.
vaginal candidiasis, also known as vaginal candidiasis or candida vulvovaginitis, occurs due to an overgrowth of yeast (Candida) in vagina.
under normal circumstances, the vagina contains a balanced mixture of yeast, including Candida and bacteria. The bacteria produce acid, which prevents overgrowth of yeast. When the balance between the natural yeast and good bacteria is interrupted, a yeast infection occurs.
The most common symptom of vaginal candidiasis is itching in the vagina and vulva, which can be severe . Other symptoms include a burning sensation when urinating, white and thick vaginal discharge that has a similar appearance to cottage cheese, pain during intercourse, and redness and pain around the vagina.
Although not classified as a sexually transmitted infection, this problem is more common in women who are sexually active often. Some of the other risk factors include taking antibiotics, pregnancy, uncontrolled diabetes, impaired immunity, HIV / AIDS and the use of oral contraceptives or hormone therapy increases the levels of estrogen in the body.
Most cases of vaginal candidiasis are easily treatable. If you want to avoid taking prescription medications, you can give natural home remedies to try.
Here they are the top 10 home remedies for vaginal candidiasis.
Yogurt contains good bacteria or probiotics and therefore helps maintain the proper balance of good bacteria to keep yeast overgrowth .
A 1992 study published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine reports that the daily intake of 8 ounces of yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus decreased both Candida colonization and infection.
Another study 2012 published in the journal Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics found that the mixture of honey bee and yogurt produced a high rate of clinical and mycological cure a reasonable rate of cure in patients with candidiasis vulvo- vaginal during pregnancy.
a 2003 study published in FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology reports that the combination of probiotics L. rhamnosus GR-1 and L. fermentum RC-14 is safe for daily use in healthy women and may reduce colonization vaginal potentially pathogenic bacteria and yeasts.
in a 2006 review of research published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, the experts found that some probiotics, especially L. acidophilus, L. rhamnosus GR-1 and L. fermentum RC-14 can be effective against candida. However, more randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, with a larger sample size should be conducted to an appropriate conclusion.
- dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it into the vagina for 2 hours. After removal, clean the area with warm water and dry thoroughly. Do this twice a day.
- Also, include yogurt contains live cultures in their diet. You can also choose to take probiotic supplements after consulting your doctor
. Note: To treat a yeast infection, use only plain yogurt, no sugar. Any sweetened yogurt will only worsen the situation.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil stands out as a natural remedy for vaginal candidiasis. It has effective antifungal properties that can kill fungi responsible for fungal infections.
A 2007 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food analyzed the effectiveness of coconut oil against a variety of fungal organisms and found that medium oil fatty chain were effective to kill 52 types of species of candida .
- directly apply extra virgin coconut oil topically on the affected area 2 or 3 times a day until you see an improvement.
- may also include in your daily diet. Start with 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil daily extra and gradually increase the dose to a maximum of 3 tablespoons per day.
3. Apple cider vinegar
Natural enzymes help of apple cider vinegar regulate the pH of the vagina, which in turn helps prevent the growth of yeast .
also it is known to increase immunity and good bacteria in the gut and vagina, which helps in the prevention and treatment of vaginal candidiasis.
In addition, apple cider vinegar contains malic acid containing antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Add 3 tablespoons, filter vinegar raw apple cider 2 cups warm water. Use this solution to wash the vaginal area, 2 times a day until you notice an improvement in their condition.
- Combine equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. Soak a tampon in the solution and insert it into the vagina for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the cap, wash the area with warm water and then wipe the area until it is completely dry. Repeat once a day until the infection is cured.
- Another option is to fill the bathtub with warm water. Add 2 cups, filter cider vinegar raw apple to it. Sit in the bath with your knees bent toward your body and allow your vagina to soak in the bath for 15 minutes. Pat gently to dry before putting on clothes. Enjoy this relaxing bath once a day.
- Mix 2 tablespoons, filter cider vinegar raw apple in 1 cup of warm water. Drink twice a day for a few days.
4. Boric acid
Boric acid has mild antifungal and antiseptic properties and is effective in the treatment of vaginal candidiasis.
A 2007 study published in Diabetes Care reports that diabetic women show the highest vulvovaginal candidiasis cure mycological with vaginal suppositories of boric acid given for 14 days, compared with a single dose of fluconazole of 150 mg orally.
a 2011 study published in the Journal of Women’s Health suggests that boric acid is a safe alternative economic option for women with recurrent and chronic symptoms of vaginitis when conventional treatment fails because of participation strains resistant to azoles.
- boric acid suppositories are very effective and can be easily made at home. To make suppositories, gelatin capsules fill “00” in size with boric acid. Insert 1 capsule into the vagina before bed, once or twice a week.
- Alternatively, 1 teaspoon of boric acid is diluted in 2 cups of warm water. Apply the diluted solution in the area of the vagina for a few minutes, then rinse the area with water. Do this once a day for 2 weeks
. Note: As boric acid can sometimes cause vaginal burning, which should not be used frequently or during pregnancy
5. Aloe Vera
aloe vera contains vitamins, enzymes and amino acids they help inhibit the growth of candida. Antifungals also has anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant and that help control and treat vaginal candidiasis.
A 2012 study published mycosis magazine found that aloe vera fresh leaf extract of the plant can help reduce the growth and formation of Candida albicans germ tube.
- Prepare the juice of aloe vera mixing 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 1 cup of orange juice or plain water. Drink this aloe vera juice once a day for a few days.
- You can also remove the gel from an aloe leaf and apply it on the affected area several times a day until the infection clears.
Note: Be sure to wash the aloe leaves thoroughly before use. Also, do not drink too much aloe juice because it can cause gastrointestinal discomfort.
6. Oregano oil
Oregano oil made from wild oregano is another effective treatment for vaginal candidiasis.
Oregano oil contains two naturally occurring antimicrobial agents, carvacrol and thymol, which help to dehydrate and kill the candida yeast cells. the dose used.
- oregano oil Dilute with an equal amount of olive oil and apply topically vagina, 2 or 3 times a day for a week.
- Alternatively, you can take 1 or 2 capsules Oregano oil twice a day for a week
. Note: As this oil is a natural anticoagulant, do not take it if you are taking blood thinners or have the blood clotting problems. In addition, pregnant women should avoid oregano oil.