Here we will discuss about various home remedies for treating sinus infection. A sinus infection usually occurs because of a virus. However, it can also be caused due to a fungus or bacteria. It is usually triggered by a cold that causes inflammation and swelling of the sinuses. This leads to a buildup of mucus, thus clogging the sinuses. Sinus is a cavity, air-filled sac located behind the forehead and cheekbones. When it filled with fluid, which attracts germs that lead to infection.
- A deviated septum
- nasal polyps
- exposure to pollutants
- tissue irritants such as nasal sprays, cocaine over-the-counter cigarette etc.
- facial sensitivity
- pain or pressure
- nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- discolored nasal discharge
- Increased sensitivity or headache when tilted forward.
to relieve the symptoms of a sinus infection, you can use some natural home remedies easy. In addition, you can consult your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Home Remedies for Sinus Infection Treatment
. 1) apple cider vinegar for infection breasts
apple cider vinegar or ACV is known to have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory qualities that help cure sinus infections . Taking stroke at the start of colds, allergies or the flu help prevent infection in the fast breasts. Here is the method
- Take 2 teaspoons of ACV
- Add one cup of warm water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey in it.
- Take this mixture 3 times a day for 5 days.
2.) garlic as a remedy for sinus infection
garlic is a natural antibiotic. This helps get rid of sinus infections caused by viruses and bacteria. It is very beneficial and effective for different symptoms of sinus infection. Garlic also has antifungal properties. This is the method
- Take 2 or 3 cloves garlic, finely chop
- add them in a pot of boiling water.
- Inhale the steam of this water, garlic-infused for several minutes.
- Repeat several times regularly to get relief.
- may also chew 2-3 cloves fresh garlic a day.
3.) nasal irrigation as a remedy for sinus infection treatment
Nasal irrigation is very beneficial for the treatment of sinus infection. This helps in clearing mucus and other debris present in the sinuses. Furthermore, it is kept moist and free of germs. This is the method
- Add 1 teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon hydrogen peroxide in a glass of warm water.
- with the help of a bulb syringe, use the solution for nasal irrigation.
- Repeat this once a day for several days to get relief from infection.
- Remember, do not use more often. It can irritate the mucous membranes.
4.) Ginger as a natural remedy for sinus infection treatment
Ginger It is known to have good antibiotic, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory qualities. Ginger helps prevent sinus infections naturally. Ginger also has some polyohenols that help prevent mucus secretion. Ginger is one of the best home remedies for sinus infection
- Take a ginger and cut its 2-inch piece fresh ginger root into different fractions.
- Add slices in a cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- After that, the tension of the solution. Mix some honey and lemon juice in it.
- Drink this tea several times a day for a week or until your condition improves.
5). horseradish to treat sinus infection
Horseradish is another very effective home remedies for sinus infections. It helps clear mucus from the nasal passages. It also has high levels of sulfur. It also functions as a natural antibiotic to treat the infection
- Keep a pinch of freshly grated horseradish in the mouth.
- Keep it in your mouth until your flavor dissolves. Then swallow.
- repeat it several times a day for a week or until the infection clears.
6.) Turmeric for sinus infection treatment
turmeric is popular for its antiviral properties, anti -inflammatory and antibiotic. It helps to cure sinus infections and congestion naturally. This herb has an active compound known as curcumin. It helps heal the inflammation of the sinus cavity. It is clear the air passage. It is one of the best home remedies for sinus infection
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder in a glass of warm water and mix well.
- Gargle with this solution several times a day for several days.
- Optionally, you can also add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it.
- add a little honey if desired.
- drink regularly for about a week or until the infection is cured.
7.) oregano oil to get rid of sinus infection
essential oil of oregano This has excellent antibacterial properties, antifungal and antiviral. Also, being an anti-inflammatory agent, oregano oil helps lower inflammation. It also works as an excellent antioxidant and immune-booster
- Pour a few drops of oregano oil in ½ cup boiling water.
- Inhale the steam of this solution to clean your congestion. It will help clear the sinuses.
- Do this regularly until the infection is cured.
- Optionally, take 2 or 3 drops of oregano oil and mix in a glass of water.
- Drink the mixture 2 times a day until the infection clears.
8.) cayenne pepper to treat sinus infection naturally
cayenne pepper is one of the home remedies effective to open and drain the sinuses naturally. It also helps to improve immunity, reduce inflammation and swelling, and increases circulation . This is the method
- Take 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper and mix in a cup of hot water.
- Drink 2 or 3 times a day regularly.
- Apart from that, you can consume a mixture of 1 teaspoon each of honey and cayenne pepper several times a day.
- Use one of these home remedies for several days or until you see your condition improves.
9.) steam to treat sinus infection
Inhaling steam can also help breasts clear and relieve nasal congestion. In addition, a warm compress low pressure in the sinuses and headaches. It is one of the best home remedies for sinus infection. This is the method
- take a hot shower and breathe vapor steam for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- do this regularly for several days until the infection is cured.
- Apart from that, you can also have a wet, hot towel on your face for several minutes, several times a day to help get rid of sinus pressure.
. 10) of onion Sinus Infection Treatment
onion is one of the most excellent remedies for sinus infection. It has great decongestant to clear your sinuses. In addition, onions have sulfur compounds that help eliminate fungi and bacteria. This is the method
- Take an onion. Cut into small pieces.
- Put these pieces in a pot of water.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Then inhale the vapors of the mixture for several minutes.
- After that, the tension of the solution and drink it.
- Continue this remedy for several times a day for a week or until the condition improves.