Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp
How often have you scratching your itchy scalp? This can be embarrassing in public, and cause much discomfort and even hair loss. Some of the most common causes are dandruff, dry scalp, sebaceous cysts, excessive anxiety, lack of hair care, fungal and viral infections, and poor diet.
There are many ways you can treat an itchy scalp without spending a lot of money. You can use some common kitchen ingredients to treat itching of the scalp.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for itchy scalp.
1. TEA TREE OIL
tea tree oil, with its powerful natural antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, can be used to treat itching of the scalp. Use tea tree oil in several ways, for example:
- You can add 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil to half a cup of baby shampoo and use it daily until the condition of your scalp improvement.
- Another option is to dilute two or three drops of tea tree oil in a tablespoon of vegetable oil and massage the mixture on the scalp. With regular use, this remedy will cure a dry scalp, itching within a week or two.
2. LEMON JUICE
Lemon juice helps treat itchy scalp and dry skin due to its antiseptic properties. It is particularly useful when it comes to dandruff.
- just can apply fresh lemon juice thoroughly on the scalp. Leave it on for five minutes and then wash the hair. If you do not have dandruff, dilute lemon juice in the water.
- Alternatively you can mix lemon juice with yogurt and apply it on the scalp for a few minutes before washing your hair with a mild shampoo. Repeat at least every day until the itching and dryness disappears.
3. BAKING SODA
Another ingredient readily available that can relieve the itching of the scalp is a sodium bicarbonate. It helps relieve itching by exfoliating the scalp and dandruff caused by overactive control fungi.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water and apply directly to the scalp. For best results, rub some olive oil on the scalp before applying the paste of baking soda.
- Allow to penetrate the scalp for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water.
4. APPLE VINEGAR
cider vinegar Apple has potent anti-inflammatory properties that help kill the yeast and viruses that can cause itchy scalp. In addition, the apple cider vinegar balances the pH levels of the scalp, which can help relieve itching and dryness.
- Rinse your hair and scalp with water and let it dry.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water and pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Apply this mixture directly on the scalp with the help of cotton balls. Spray it on your scalp.
- After a few minutes, shampoo with normal water.
Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
5. Aloe Vera
aloe vera gel contains moisturizing properties, which can relieve excessive dryness and itching. If fresh aloe vera gel is not available, you can buy the gel.
- spread some fresh aloe vera gel on your scalp with your fingers.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
6. COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil creates a barrier that helps keep skin hydrated and therefore is an effective way to treat an itchy scalp.
- rub some coconut oil on the scalp after washing hair on the scalp when it is clean. Leave it on for at least half an hour and then washed with a shampoo without perfume. Follow this simple remedy three times a week.
- Another option is that coconut oil heat to melt it, add to your shampoo carefully before washing your hair.
If you like to eat bananas, you will be happy to know that can also be used to treat an itchy scalp. Bananas treat your itchy scalp while conditioning your hair. The nourishing and moisturizing properties in bananas will also reduce the flakes, dandruff and inflammation.
- Just two bananas puree and mix them together with a ripe avocado.
- Apply this mixture on the scalp (and hair if desired).
- Let stand for half an hour and then rinse thoroughly.
8. Sesame oil SEED
Sesame oil is highly nutritious, healing and lubrication, making it an effective treatment for a dry scalp and give relief from itching.
- Heat some sesame oil to warm it slightly.
- Massaging the scalp with hot oil before going to bed every night. For best results, massage the scalp with fingers for at least 10 minutes, wrap your head in a warm towel and leave for about 10 minutes before going to bed. When this oil remains on the scalp overnight, which provides optimal hydration.
- shampoo and rinse your scalp and hair thoroughly in the morning. Continue this treatment for the necessary time.
witch hazel is a natural astringent that can help relieve itchy scalp. This herb is beneficial when you have an itchy scalp due to hair coloring and daily use dryers.
- Mix one part witch hazel with two parts water.
- mixture over the scalp and massage thoroughly Pour. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Wash and rinse your hair and scalp.
10. JOJOBA OIL
Jojoba oil is a great natural moisturizer treatment to relieve dry and itchy scalp. The molecular structure of jojoba oil is the closest to our own oil or natural sebum, making it a rejuvenating and moisturizing treatment very effective.
- Massaging a small amount of jojoba oil on your scalp for a few minutes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Repeat this remedy once a week.
For best results with any of these remedies, still fail for some time to treat the problem completely.
You May Also Like :