In this article, we are talking about several home remedies for flea infestation. These wingless insects, creepy known as fleas. They can give you with sleepless nights every day. Fleas like to live in warm vertebrates and therefore their rabbits, dogs and cats. One of the reasons for its compelling presence at home is the fact that flea eggs can get to fall anywhere inside your home. These eggs then hatch into larvae and finally in fleas. What’s frustrating is that flea eggs can continue to stand for more than a year. That’s why they come again and again out of nowhere. That’s why you have to watch your house regularly and often clean your house once you have killed the fleas. Here are some useful home remedies for fleas which can not only kill fleas but can also direct its recurrence.
best home remedies for flea infestation (get rid of fleas)
1. flea trap to get rid Naturally flea
If you want to get rid of fleas fast, this is one of the easiest ways to kill and capture the ugly fleas. It’s a flea trap. Detergent is beneficial for the treatment of fleas, try this method, make your dog, bathe with this solution, then you will be able to kill fleas on your body. However, a flea trap will allow you to clean your entire house of fleas.
need :. Detergents, bowls or plates, hot water, tea candles
follow these steps :.
- At night, grab a plate or bowl and keep it in the middle of each room placement on the floor
- Fill the plate or bowl with warm water. If a plate is used, fill to the brim and if a bowl is used and then fill half.
- Now Add a capful of dishwashing liquid to the water.
- Place a tea candle in the center of each plate and the inner plate. If you can not place candles in the bowl, then keep it near the bowl.
- Now the candles are lit.
- His work is done here. Once fleas are attracted to light. They will try to jump on the light and are trapped in the soap solution. Thus, fleas get trapped and die.
- If your house is infected with fleas, perform this process for 3-4 nights.
2. Spray flea herbs to get rid of fleas fast
this is one of the best remedies to control fleas in your home or pets. Have you ever thought of a bomb full fleas with chemicals to get rid of fleas in your home, you should think again once and take a shot this herbal spray as a substitute. This homemade flea spray used ingredients like witch hazel and lemon juice. They are completely safe for children and pets. Here is the procedure for this flea spray herbal.
Need:, 500 ml lemon juice, vinegar 4 liters of water, 1 bag fresh empty, hamamelis 250 ml, 1 Home and garden sprayer.
follow these steps :.
- You have to do cleaning and then spray with flea spray
- Collect all that can not be cleared and washed out. This helps kill flea eggs and larvae.
- Now clean properly. Clean every corner, filling and corners with the help of vacuum. Use the vacuum cleaner bag. This ensures a free flow of air. The waste collected from the vacuum before can slow the smooth airflow.
- Now mix, water, vinegar, witch hazel and lemon juice.
- fill this mixture into the sprayer.
- Sprinkle the use of a heavy spray.
- Now, spray, furniture, carpets, pet beds, floors, window frames, every corner of your home.
- Do this every day for at least 2-7 days, depending on the severity of the flea infestation in your home.
- When fleas become less visible, then you can do it again every 3-4 days and then once a week for flea time of the year.
- If you start using this non-toxic spray to the arrival of the flu season, will need to spray only once a week during flea season.
3. Sal Remedy Get Rid of Fleas Naturally
is one of the common ingredients to get rid of fleas house, cats, dogs and carpet. How does it happen? This is what you have to do.
need :. Table salt amount depends on the size of the infested area, large bottle spices with a top stirrer
Follow these steps:
- sure to get a fine powder
- Now, fill your bottle of spices with salt, leaving some space at the top of shake and sprinkle salt.
- Start sprinkling salt on your carpets in every room. Salt should cover the whole area alike.
- Allow 12 to 48 hours.
- After 1-2 days, the vacuum carefully.
4. Remedy boric acid to get rid of fleas fast
Boric acid also works same as salt when it comes to kill fleas. Acts as a dehydrating agent causing severe dryness in fleas because the kill. Spraying boric acid where it is suspected that can be fleas, their eggs or larvae.
You can also make your own shaker by taking an empty bottle with plastic lid. If in doing so, hold the lid with a needle or similar tool to make a small opening in it. Put some stones in the bottle to prevent blockage of boric acid when stored away. Now fill two thirds of this container with boric acid and stirring at home filled with boric acid is adjusted! Make sure the label in bold with ‘BORIC ACID’
follow these steps:
- Fill the container with boric acid. Apply the dresscode here too. Anyone can catch the boric acid by some element of similar-looking kitchen. Thus, label it as ‘boric acid’ before use.
- vacuum carpets, etc. where you want to sprinkle boric acid and remove all objects such as toys, shoes, bags, etc. from the site.
- Sprinkle boric acid powder into small, thin layers. To do this, shake the bottle and apply some on the carpet. Now take a soft, smooth brush and work the acid into the carpet pile. For the filling, you can use a larger brush to fill small gaps or hand brush. Remember, boric acid may fade cloths. Therefore, check before using this remedy. Do not forget to spray underneath furniture.
- Leave this solution for 12-48 hours.
- Now clean all areas and surfaces, which has been used boric acid.
- Maintain regular cleaning. As the acid have splashed down into the upholstery and carpets, which will go on to kill fleas.
- After a month or so, you can rinse your upholstery, carpets, etc.
Caution: Although boric acid is not as toxic to pets and humans also, it should be used carefully when pets and children are around. Keep away from food and out of reach of children. Do not spray boric acid at the counters, especially in the kitchen where you make food.
5. Diatomaceous earth to get rid of fleas fast
Brush all your carpets and clean carefully. Rinse everything that can not be cleaned, try to wash with hot water. Now, wherever you feel their larvae or fleas can hide, spray the ED in thin layers. You can sprinkle with security, the pet bedding and carpets, etc.
- Keep diatomaceous earth for about 12-48 hours. While fleas start to shrink 4-6 hours after you treat your home with ED, it’s still good to leave the material for a long time.
- Now clean and remove all dust and keep in mind to throw the vacuum bag.
- You can even apply this diatomaceous earth in your backyard, but this will require a lot of dust.
Caution: Always buy the best quality of ED. Diatomaceous earth is nontoxic, it is still a powder that can irritate the throat or eyes. It is a council-power to cover his face while working with any fine dust. Do not ever buy for filtration systems of the pool as they are dangerous when inhaled. Diatomaceous earth, however, is not so useful in humid environments and also when wet. Only use in dry form. Try to avoid contact with skin especially pets, because it can lead to dehydration of the skin.