Bacterial vaginosis is a very common type of vaginal infection. A lot of ‘good’ bacteria, as well as some “bad” bacteria are normally present in the vagina. This mild infection occurs when the balance between good and bad bacteria is disturbed.
Common symptoms include excessive vaginal discharge sometimes with fishy smell along with itching and sometimes pain during urination .
Experts are not sure what causes the bacteria out of balance, but certain factors can increase your risk of infection. Such factors include having more than one sexual partner, a new sexual partner, excessive consumption of snuff, and douching.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
1. The apple cider vinegar
An excellent home remedy for bacterial vaginosis is the apple cider vinegar. Because of its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar helps increase vaginal acidity. This makes it difficult for the bad bacteria to survive and create a better environment for good bacteria to thrive.
1. Add one or two cups of apple cider vinegar to your bath water.
2. Sit in the water bath for about 20 minutes.
3. Pat gently dry the vaginal area.
4. Do this once a day until the condition improves.
Yogurt is one of the most common home remedies for bacterial vaginosis. Yogurt contains beneficial bacteria known as lactobacilli that help fight bad bacteria and help maintain healthy vaginal pH balance.
• Dip a cotton swab in yogurt and apply it on the affected area. Leave on for half an hour and then wash the area with fresh water. Repeat three times a day until symptoms have disappeared.
• You can also dip a tampon in yogurt and put it in the vagina for one to two hours. Do this twice a day until symptoms disappear completely.
• Also, eating two cups of plain yogurt daily to help restore the normal pH balance of the vagina and minimize the growth of bad bacteria.
3. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil contains natural antibacterial and antifungal compounds that help kill germs that cause bacterial vaginosis. Also it will fight the horrible smell that is common with bacterial vaginosis.
• Add a few drops of tea tree oil to a small bowl of warm water and mix well. Use the solution to rinse the vagina. Do this once a day for three to four weeks.
• Another option is to add three drops of tea tree oil and three cups of white vinegar to warm water bath and then soak in it for half an hour. Follow this remedy every other day for one or two months, as needed.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that can help treat bacterial vaginosis. In addition, its antifungal properties keep bad bacteria under control.
• Shred three or four cloves of garlic. Smudged mashed garlic in the affected area. Leave on for 20 minutes and then rinse the area with warm water. Follow this remedy once a day for several months.
• Another option is to wrap a garlic clove in gauze and placed in the vagina. Leave it at no more than half an hour, because it can cause pain. Use this treatment once a day for several days.
• Also, eating raw or cooked garlic a day form. If you can not tolerate the taste of garlic, you can choose garlic capsules after consulting a doctor.
Fenugreek is highly beneficial for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. Which will help improve the pH level in the vagina and stimulate the immune system to speed up the healing process.
• Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight. In the morning, drink this water on an empty stomach. Do this every day for at least a month until a noticeable improvement in their condition.
• Mix one teaspoon fenugreek powder in a cup of yogurt. Eat twice a day for several days until symptoms disappear.
• Steep one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of hot water for about five minutes. Strain, add some honey and drink this tea two or three times a day as long as necessary.
Article continues on page 2
bacterial vaginosis is a very common type of vaginal infection. A lot of ‘good’ bacteria, as well as some “bad” bacteria are normally present in the vagina. This mild infection occurs when the balance between good and bad bacteria is disturbed.
Common symptoms include excessive vaginal discharge, sometimes with a …
[email protected]~~number=plural administrator Health and Home Remedies