Our back is one of the most important parts of our body and back pain is one of the worst experiences never. Remedies for which are numerous, but the home remedies for back pain are the best way to use because of its long-term effects without side effects.
Before entering the various home remedies for treating back pain, let’s take a look at the structure of the spine. There is also a need to focus on the reasons why one should have a strong and flexible spine.
Parts of the spine:
cervical -. It is the top of the spine in the neck, composed of 7 vertebrae
Torácica -. It is the central part of the spine consists of 12 vertebrae
lumbar -. It is the lower potion of the spine, consisting of 5 or 6 vertebrae
sacrum – the column is connected to the pelvis
Importance of the spine: [
- body will collapse if something goes wrong with the spine or if you lose a posture straightened.
- A mobile, flexible and stable spine help in day to day activities to be carried out easily. It will also ensure that new injuries or chronic diseases do not occur in the back.
- has been rightly said that health is wealth. So a spine ill bring frustration and impotence in an individual. Therefore, it is very essential to have a healthy spine.
Categorization of back problems
1. Low back pain:
Also called as back pain refers to irritation or problems in the structure constituting the lumbar region. These structures include tendons, muscles, soft tissue and sensitive nerves traveling to the legs and most importantly, the spinal discs with gelatinous inner core.
- difficulty moving or standing.
- Experiencing severe pain around the buttock or groin after heavy lifting weight.
If the low back pain lasts more than 6 weeks, then it becomes important to determine the exact location of the pain. Some diagnostic techniques are as follows:
- X – Ray
- CT Scan
- soft tissue injury, such as acute lumbar strain referred. If the injury lasts for more than 3 months then it is called as chronic low back strain.
- The nerves of the lumbar spine can be pressurized due to other nearby tissues or bones.
- The discs between the vertebrae may be damaged, leading to a condition known as lumbar radiculopathy.
- Due to wear of the joints that are connected to the lower back, pain can be experienced in the area of the lower back.
2. Vertebral fractures
These are one of the most common fractures of the lumbar spine. Men are more prone to vertebral fractures compared with women.
- moderate to severe back pain that worsens with movement.
- weakness, numbness, tingling.
- car accident
- fall from height
- accident Sports
- Even the normal activities of daily life can cause fracture of a vertebra in the case of people with osteoporosis, tumors, etc.
3. Problems Disc
discs, called more specifically as intervertebral discs are soft tissue-like cushion between the vertebrae. vertebrae are separated. When these discs are cracked or affected, they can touch nerves and cause pain.
- Pain in the lower back
- The pain radiates to the legs at certain intervals
- pain can arise when you bend or sit for a long time
- pain can arise due to activities such as coughing or sneezing
- physical examination of the pain experienced by the area
- previous caution can help, so the study of the clinical history of a patient may give clues to the emergence of problems disk.
- movement sudden torque
- bad habits lifting
- Prolonged exposure to vibration
- sports-related injuries
4. curvature (Ardennes, Hump) Problems
the vertebrae and disks are the curvature of the spine. However disorders curvature not allow the column to run straight along the back. There are basically three types of spinal disorders curvature of the spine:
lordosis: curves Spine inward in the lumbar
scoliosis: .. oblique curve is associated with the spine, which can be S or C shaped
kyphosis: upper back abnormally rounded (more than 50 degrees of curvature)
- Appearance of round or slouching back posture
- breathing difficulties
- low back pain
- the fatigue
- a bump on the back is evident when one suffering from disorders of curvature leans forward.
- X- Ray sometimes collected in order to determine the exact angle of curvature and the severity of the condition.
- Poor posture
- Obesity or everweight problems
- The osteoporosis (bone weakening with age)
- Discitis (a disorder of the discs between the vertebrae of the spine)
- spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward or backward relative to the next vertabra)
5. Problem Espinal and nerves
the nerve that leaves the spinal cord is called sciatica. It is the body’s largest nerve. Sciatic nerve irritation leads to pain in the lower back area, behind the thigh and radiating down below the knee.
- Pain can be experienced by the leg, which can reach the feet.
- needle penetrating effect can be felt in the back.
- Physical examination of the back and the analysis of the patient’s history.
- Sometimes, X-rays and other tests, such as CT, MRI, and used electromyogram
- abnormal intervertebral disc is known as radiculopathy.
- The adjacent nerve irritation, tumors, muscle bone, internal bleeding, infections, injuries or around the lumbar spine.
How to treat back pain:
1. Improves posture
having poor posture while sitting and other activities of daily life are made, it has become a habit now. In fact, it is not easy to take care of your posture at each step. But some important tips follows may become extremely useful and easy to practice:
- evenly distribute body weight while standing or performing any strenuous activity.
- Do not jump out of bed or chair suddenly. It will unnecessary to pull your spine.
- Use ergonomic office chairs.
There are numerous variants of drugs available for back pain remedy. Are classified below, along with the brand name under which are marketed:
- The anti-inflammatory drugs reduces inflammation in the nerves and cells in the part later. They are effective against mild back pain. For example, ibuprofen (Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve), meloxicam (Mobic) and nabumetone (Relafen)
- Muscle relaxants. These increase blood flow in the muscles relaxed and they. For example:. Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), tizanidine (Zanaflex) and baclofen (Lioresal)
- Opioids: If severe back pain, opioid or narcotic drugs are used. For example: Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) and Tylenol with codeine
- Corticosteroids. These are more powerful than normal anti-inflammatory drugs. No more than 24 mg per day it must be taken. For example:. Medrol (methylprednisolone)
Our body gets tired every day after a long day routine. It becomes mandatory for adequate rest and sleep in order to recharge your body. So you have to manage the time available to him / her well and take the necessary amount of rest. Rest melt stiffness in muscles, while letting blood flow freely, but out of your body. Rest is definitely one of the ways to treat back pain and is a fairly easy approach to follow.
2. Physical Therapy – Chiropractor
- A chiropractor intended to cure the disease of Thorns by mere virtue of the use of hands. The movement of the hands of chiropractic on the spine of a patient at specified addresses can make the mobility of joints, stretch stiff muscles, improve the functionality of the vertebra or reduce inflammation in the nerves.
- The chiropractic treatment plan can be manipulated according to the patient’s condition after a few sessions.
- Initially, the pressure is applied only to the surface. Later, it applied to tissues well below. If one gets uncomfortable at any stage, then treatment should be stopped at that moment.
- is one of the most natural and effective in treating back pain forms.
People who have a history of medical conditions such as osteoporosis, compression of the spinal cord or inflammatory arthritis, cancer or who anticoagulant medication intake should not undergo chiropractic therapy as a remedy Back pain. provider of primary health care should be aware of chiropractors or other that an individual is suffering exercises.
Home Remedies for back pain
Medication can only provide temporary relief. There are also many side effects of allopathic medicines that relieve back pain and that can not be undone. Homeopathic medicines also take a long time to be effective in treating back pain. Therefore, how to relieve back pain? In such a situation, there is no need to panic. You still have the collection of the best natural home remedies for back pain handy for reference. These are the home remedies to cure back pain:
Pilates is an exercise for physical fitness. The goal of Pilates is to impart strength to the body and increase flexibility. It will also help to get the correct position for the spine.
Some of the exercises Pilate for back pain are as follows:
- Tilting the pelvis, if done correctly can be followed by pelvic Curl.
- chest up, to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- swan preparation for back muscles that help us upright.
- Child, which helps to stretch and relax your back.
- Kneeling Arm and Leg Reach exercise increases the stability of the base.
- cat-cow moves back, stretching and back extension.
- Swimming moves, do not forget to support your wellbeing abdomen.
- stretching the spine, sit up straight and try to reach the toes.
- La Sierra, turn your torso to the right and to the left alternately while facing your toes.
Some precautions when performing exercises Pilate
- Mentioning specific problems back to their instructor.
- start with two sessions a week and if you are experiencing extreme pain, put a stop to the exercise and see your doctor immediately.
The term yoga is derived from a Sanskrit word that means “take control”. So yoga is a form of physical fitness exercise in which the goal is to gain control over the body and mind. This is done through a series of asanas or postures. Yoga for back pain helps increase strength and flexibility back, relieves stress and improves the neuro-endocrine function. Within 3 to 6 weeks of yoga, the results will be better than the other traditional exercises.
Some of the yoga postures for back pain are as follows:
- (pose Palmera)
- Parivrtta trikonasana (Attitude rotated triangle)
- Savanasana mukha Ardh (dog looking down)
- matsyendrasana Ardh (half fish pose of God)
- Purvottanasana (pose plank up)
- Shalabasana (locust pose)
- Shashankasanaa (Posture rabbit)
Some of the precautions when performing yoga for back pain are:
- Use abdominal muscles in combination with the back muscles and stop turning the torso is strenuous.
- For Yoga exercises appear to be ineffective then think about your lifestyle, you may be changing can add positive effects of yoga results.
3. The icepack
full of ice in a bag is called an ice pack. These are widely used in medical applications to relieve pain or to stop bleeding from minor bruising. Ice packs are really effective and the most readily available of all home remedies for back pain.
In order to make an ice pack at home, follow the steps below:
- Place the desired amount of ice in a bag of plastic.
- push air out of the bag. Then close the bag securely.
- Wrap with a towel or other material that will prevent excessive cold affecting the skin of the affected area.
- This ice bag can be placed on the affected area of the back numerous times a day, each time duration of 15-20 minutes area.
Some of the precautions while using an ice pack:
- Do not miss out on the guardrail before apply ice directly on the area where you feel pain.
- Patients with a medical history should inform the doctor about it, before the doctor suggests applying ice packs.
4. Wear proper footwear
footwear is not just a fashion accessory when it comes to who is medical implications. People like to wear fancy shoes, without judging the painful effects it can have on your back. Difficult to trace and harder to remove, as are the effects of using bad shoes. If you are in an occupation that requires is in the foot most of the time, then choosing the wrong footwear it is likely to affect the vertebrae and soft tissues.
footwear that helps maintain proper posture when walking is actually the best home remedies for back pain relief and prevention.
Some ways to reduce back pain arising because of incorrect footwear:
1. The determination of the position and correction:
- Take a look at the shoes you’ve been using for at least 6 months.
- If the shoe is worn out mostly abroad (supination), which shows that the land especially in the balls and toes. Swing your feet completely in order to land in the center of your foot.
- If the shoe is worn out mostly inside (pronation) shows that set foot inward when you walk. Try not to do it anymore.
- If the shoe is used on a regular basis, it is likely to have a balanced gait and have to work hard on correcting his stance on foot.
2. The visit to a podiatrist:
Despite repeated efforts to correct its position, if still does not know how to treat pain back, then you should visit a podiatrist without further delay. advice and supervision of experts can help better than aid itself.
Precautions while selecting footwear that are effective against back pain are:
- Do not forget to consider your lifestyle, while choosing their shoes.
- If possible, refer to a specialist before starting the shoes wearing a new pair of shoes.
- Avoid high heels in all cases, and for diabetics: flipflops are not going to do any good so get rid of them,
- The shoes you wear should have enough material. filling and must be of the shape of your feet. Check if they safely.
- Try new shoes late in the day, when your feet are the maximum size. Try new shoes when walking on a hard surface.
The medical treatment if it is followed by massage therapy is a great home remedy for back pain and has been shown to work wonders to relieve back pain. This has been confirmed in a study conducted at the Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami in 2001. massage will relieve one of stress and increase their mobility. Massage can induce sleep in an individual and this helps to relax the muscles so that the relief from back pain.
Some of the precautions to keep having a massage:
- If the muscles still have an inflammatory effect even after the massage and visit your doctor as soon as possible. Inflammation may have another root cause muscle pain apart. In this case, the massage is not the proper remedy to treat pain pain.
- If a positive response after 2-3 sessions of massage is not observed, then you should try an alternative treatment for back pain.
4. Hot bath
- One of the easiest therapies for mild back pain is hot bath. The hot water to promote blood flow in your body. Therefore one will feel relaxed and pain relief.
- If the pain is limited to a small area then one can soak a towel in hot water and then apply it on the affected area.
- You can also use a hot water bottle for the same purpose.
5. Keeping himself with a pillow
- Pillow raises his head and aligns with the level of the spine. This allows blood flow uniformly throughout, although his back. Any interruption in this, especially while lying down, can lead to back pain. So hold on to your pillow always.
- The pillows can also be useful if you are in the habit of sleeping on your stomach. Place a pillow under your knees or lower back can help maintain proper posture during sleep, preventing the onset of back pain.
6. Losing weight
- Losing weight is an inevitable suggestion for almost all diseases of our body. Excess weight means the excess fat cells. excessive fat cells mean excessive pressure on the nerves. The result is simple pain again.
- Most of the fat is usually deposited in the pelvic region so the likelihood of back pain is higher in obese people
7. Eat healthy
a balanced and healthy diet is a need to provide nourishment for each of the components of the spine – bones, muscles, nerves and disks. It is the best home remedy for back pain.
Some of the food sources that can meet the objective mentioned above, along with the nutrients provided by them are as follows:
- liver, fish, red meat and poultry poultry items; dairy products such as milk, eggs, cheese and yogurt; and green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and broccoli [Vitamin A, K and B12; Iron].
- Fruits like strawberries, kiwi and citrus fruits (eg, oranges, guavas, grapefruits); tomatoes; many vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, red and green peppers, sweet potatoes and white potatoes [Vitamin C].
- Egg yolks and fish oils [Vitamin D].
- whole grain breads, beans, seeds, nuts, potatoes, avocados, bananas [Magnesium].
- variety of other foods such as sesame seeds, molasses, corn tortillas, almonds and brown sugar [Calcium].
8. Always keep a check on your posture
If you are wondering why your back hurts and then one of the causes may be poor posture while sitting or sleeping. The strain because of irregular postures can build for years and can take many years to disappear completely. irregular postures press on the nerves and affect the curvature of the spine, and these are enough to trigger a terrible back pain. It improves posture is more important than many home remedies for back pain.
- Especially in the case of people with jobs sitting postures play a very important role. not stay seated for a long time, take a walk at regular intervals and let your muscles gripped by stiffness.
- Stand straight and avoid falls in the front.
- Let your hands hang freely.
- distribute your body weight evenly on both feet.
- Meanwhile sitting at his feet should be flat on the floor.
9. Use Gadgets wisely
As tends toward aging, backaches become a common phenomenon in their lives. There are many brands on the market that seduce with multiple promises of immense relief. Choose carefully between different devices available to relieve back pain. The appliance must be able to stretch the spine. If they are electronic in operation, then they should be properly insulated. If you use equipment wisely you take care of your posture no other home remedies for back pain is not necessary, because you will have a healthy back.