Hiccups is an unwanted and uncontrolled membrane contraction, which can be repeated several times for one minute . The contraction is followed by a sudden closure of the vocal cords, resulting in a distinctive sound.
The most common reasons are:
- Overeating or eating fast
- Strong emotions like fear, anciety, joy or euphoria
- the consumption of carbonated drinks
- the use of dry or spicy foods
- A temperature change in the stomach – cold drinking after a hot drink
- alcohol in large quantities
- highly laugh
hiccups usually disappears within a few minutes. Only rarely it is a sign of a more serious health problems. If hiccups sleep stop within 48 hours, seek professional advice.
There are many different ways you can stop the normal hiccups. Some of them may seem funny, but they are worth giving a try.
- inhale and hold the air inside you all the time possible. Take a deep breath and slowly count to 10 before exhaling. Repeat 3-4 times.
- Drink cold water. Quickly drink 10 small sips of cold water, or gargling with cold water instead.
- Eat a teaspoon of sugar honey
- breathe into a paper bag. If you do not have a paper bag over your nose and mouth with your hands and breathe that way.
- sticks out her tongue. Remove the hard language to stop hiccups.
- gently Stopper his ears. Stoppes their ear canals gently with your hands and the fingers of a 20 to 30 seconds. Many people Argus that this “exactly” the cure for hiccups.
- Bite a slice of lemon or going to take a little swig of vinegar. The gelps taste sourly to get rid of hiccups.
- Lifh knee and hug them close to his chest, and pregnete heavily on them.
- How scars! Having someone surprise you can overwhelm the vagus nerve and stop the hiccups.
- Taking magnesium! This mineral tends to decrease inflammation and soothe the nerves.
- takes a little peanut butter! During chewing peanut butter, swallowing and breathing patterns so that hiccups has been interrupted.
- chew some dill! slowly chewing a teaspoon of dill seeds. Ingesting seeds stimulates the vagus nerve and this ends the hiccups.