If you grew up in the 70s, 80 or 90 is very likely that a victim of a of the two marketing campaigns that were quite popular then. One was the original milk campaign in many states, with “does a body good” as the slogan.
The second advertising campaign was created by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners and used the slogan “Got Milk?” Along with images of people wearing a milk mustache. With all the hype is not surprising that grew up with the idea that milk is one of the healthiest drinks on the planet. Unfortunately, the truth is somewhat different.
The evidence against milk
In recent decades, there have been a number of studies in labs and universities around the world prove the statement that milk is healthy.
One such observation was conducted in Sweden to compare the mortality rate of women who drank three glasses of milk a day for women who drank only one glass or less.
Surprisingly, the mortality rate was twice as high for consumers milk and even more surprisingly, those who drank a lot of milk had poorer bone health and more breaks than those who rarely drank milk,
But it was not just dairy products in general, it was specifically milk, because the mortality rate was lower among women who ate cheese and yogurt, fermented dairy foods and bone health was better. If you’re still not convinced, here are eight good reasons to stay away from milk and drink no more than one drink per day.
1. The main protein in milk has been shown in animal studies to promote cancer.
2. Milk is almost certainly the number one food allergy on the planet.
3. Milk is impossible for many people who drink their lactose intolerance.
4. D-galactose, a milk ingredient, is inflammatory, and in animal studies has caused rapid aging among other problems.
5. People report that drinking milk makes them more prone to acne and have more breakouts.
6. A number of observational studies that cross the world have shown milk be related to some things pretty scary including an increased risk of prostate cancer, an increased risk of ovarian cancer, a higher rate of ear infections and more cases of constipation.
7. The populations consuming more dairy products have been found to have much higher rates of multiple sclerosis (MS).
8. The protein in dairy products has been shown in recent studies to increase levels of IGF-1 that is linked to several different types of cancer. Journal of the protein has also been demonstrated in both human and animal studies to create higher cholesterol and hardening of the arteries.
is important to reiterate that while milk has been implicated in a number of health problems, fermented dairy products like cheese and yogurt are apparently quite good for you and can improve your health.