Weight loss has become an obsession worldwide. We all want to lose the extra weight. Losing weight is not an impossible task; However, immense dedication and hard work is required. You can lose weight in several different ways, such as exercise, taking pills to control fat, hunger, etc., but these forms are harmful to our health. To maintain a healthy body right along with weight loss, you have to opt for a vegetarian diet plan to lose weight.
is a common concept among non-vegetarians chicken, fish, eggs and meat are the most nutritious when taken in correct and appropriate amounts and also helps in weight loss. However, this is not always true. A proper vegetarian diet plan can greatly assist in weight loss. There are a number of unknown advantages of a proper vegetarian diet often overlooked and remain in oblivion. In this article, we will bring to light some of the benefits of vegetarian diet to lose weight .
Why go to a vegetarian diet to lose weight?
This is a question that could have appeared in the minds of all our readers. Well, that will provide the most appropriate response to this question that will certainly encourage change to a vegetarian diet weight loss.
benefits of a vegetarian diet to lose weight:
a. helps lower cholesterol levels.
b. reduces hyper tension as well as the immensely high blood pressure.
c. reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
d. plays a vital role in weight loss.
e. low in calories.
f. unnecessary and excessive fat are not associated with a vegetarian diet.
g. Good for type 2 diabetics
h. Lower rates of death from ischemic heart disease.
i. Reduces the risk of prostate cancer and colon cancer.
Now we will give you five major food items that help in weight loss, you can include in your vegetarian diet to lose weight:
A vegetarian diet to lose weight should planned in such a way that provides all the necessary nutrients for our body.
green leafy vegetables:
Green vegetables are one of the best vegetarian food, since it is considered to be a power house of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Green leafy vegetables are the best source of protein and fiber and helps in losing body weight faster because they contain less amounts of calories and get rid of fat quickly. Vegetables like spinach, broccoli, parsley, kale, turnip greens, etc., reduce the level of fat in the body.
nuts and seeds:
Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, peanuts, sunflower seeds , sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc., are powerful sources of fiber, vitamins, proteins, minerals and fatty acids. Nuts and seeds are the best sources of fatty acids because they contain rich amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and provide numerous health benefits. They keep the heart healthy, reduce cholesterol levels and helps to strengthen bones in the proper functioning of the brain. roasted nuts are healthy and soaked nuts improve the content of vitamins in it. Nuts and seeds should be included in the regular diet.
Beans and soy products:
Non-vegetarian foods, such as fish, meat and eggs are considered to be rich in protein, but vegetarian foods such as dairy, soy products and beans are good substitutes for protein because they contain large amounts of protein and nutrients. These contain a lot of fiber, helps in reducing cholesterol levels and fat in the body. There are a variety of beans that provide vitamins acids, calcium, folic acid and amino acids necessary that are required by our body. They increase the metabolic rate and also reduce appetite by increasing leptin levels in our body. beans, soya beans, tofu, beans, lentils, black beans and chickpeas are products that are useful.
Grains and cereals:
These are very nutritious foods with high amounts of iron and zinc in it. Whole grains are an important part of the vegetarian diet plan for weight loss because they provide enough energy for the body. They contain carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals and fiber core. The best sources include whole wheat bread, oatmeal, oats, brown rice, barley, muesli, semolina, etc.
Fruits are a very important part of a vegetarian diet for weight loss because they contain very few calories and high amounts of vitamins , fiber, minerals, antioxidants and other rich nutrients. Fresh fruits are an asset to our health because they provide improved our basal metabolic rate, along with reduced levels of blood pressure and cholesterol, maintain a healthy heart.
important nutrients of vegetarian diet to lose weight:
- Calcium: yogurt, cheese, skim or lowfat milk fat, grains, green leafy vegetables, fortified soy milk, peanut butter, almonds and beans are examples of foods that are rich in calcium.
- Hierro: Citrus fruits, orange juice and tomatoes are useful for increasing iron content in the body
Vitamin B12 :. Cereals (nutritional) yeast, soy milk and ready for consumption are a good source of vitamin B12 and helps in weight loss.
- Vitamin D: fortified soy milk, orange juice, milk cow ready to eat cereal and skim milk are good sources of vitamin D.
- Protein :. beans, whole grains, soy products, dairy products, nuts and nut butters are rich in proteins
- Zinc :. Vital for the immune system, causing loss of agents increased fat are present in bread, dairy products, nuts, grains, green vegetables, potatoes and fresh fruit
- Riboflavin: uses body fat reducing them to provide energy. Sources include cheese, almonds, sesame seeds, spinach, etc.
- Vitamin A :. milk, fortified cereals, oranges, green leafy vegetables, papaya, peaches and mangoes are good sources
- Omega-3: Flax seeds, tofu, nuts, soy , cauliflower, cabbage, etc.
- Yodo: Lowers cholesterol and its sources are baked potatoes, milk, white beans, prunes, salt, etc.
things you should do to follow a vegetarian diet to lose weight:
- not on the diet and continue to go hungry.
- Keep have small meals at regular intervals.
- Never the most important of the day, ie skip breakfast food.
- Every day, walking, running or exercising at least 30 minutes.
- Eat at least two fruits and two to three servings of green leafy vegetables every day.
- drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- avoid eating junk food; Oil fried fruits, bakery foods and sweets.
- avoid taking salt after 7:30.
- Do not drink soft drinks.
- restrict the consumption of mangos and bananas.
- avoid excessive consumption of potatoes and rice.
- It would be better if you avoid artificial juices.
Aerobic exercise can be very healthy and fun if you’re looking to lose weight in combination with a vegetarian diet for weight loss.Let take a look at some healthy vegetarian recipes that you They will help you lose and maintain a healthy weight.
Recipe One: Apple and lettuce salad with dressing melon (rich salad iron)
- ½ cup mashed watermelon
- ½ tsp Jeera roasted ground
- three tablespoons of dhania chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- One cup of sliced lettuce
- ½ cup cabbage (shredded)
- ¼ cup carrot (thickly grated)
- ¼ cup diced peppers (red and yellow)
- ½ cup apple (chopped)
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of raisins (chopped)
- One tablespoon of leaves spring onion (chopped)
- Place lettuce, cabbage, carrots and bell pepper in ice water for 30 minutes to be crisp.
- drain water and refrigerate until use.
- apples toss in lemon juice and refrigerate until use.
- Combine lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peppers, apples, soybeans, grapes, spring onion leaves and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Just before serving, mix the puree watermelon, squash Jeera roasted, chopped dhania and pepper dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Two: Bean sprouts and vegetable salad (healthy for diabetics salad)
- Two teaspoon of olive oil
- A clove garlic, finely chopped
- A teaspoon of sugar
- Two tablespoons lemon juice
- A teaspoon of soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried chili red
- A shutouts cup broccoli
- 10 mushrooms
- four to five sheets of crisp lettuce
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- Two tablespoons of chopped celery
- A red pepper, seeded and cut into dice
- ¾ cup bean sprouts
- Two tablespoons of dhania chopped
- Paste cloves garlic, finely chopped, olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in a mortar and pestle. Keep aside for dressing.
- Boil broccoli and mushrooms in water for three or four minutes. Strain and keep in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and keep aside for later use.
- Place lettuce in cold water for 30 minutes to make it crispy.
- Drain and place lettuce on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Combine sprouts mushrooms, celery, onions, broccoli, peppers, beans together.
- Mix the dressing in this and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with lettuce leaves and garnish with Dhania. Serve cool.
healthy snacks such as vegetarian diet to lose weight
Recipe One: Chilli Paneer Barbecue
- A cup of cubes of low paneer fat
- Four onions green spring finely chopped
- Two tablespoons of honey
- A spoonful of chili sauce
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon rind
- Three cloves grated garlic
- A tablespoon dhania chopped
- Two teaspoons of oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- marinate for 15 minutes.
- Organize paneer cubes on wooden skewers and grill them using an electric grill with charcoal or until slightly brownish become. You can cook in a nonstick pan as well.
- garnish Serve hot with dhania.
Recipe two: Mexican bean Fajita
- Six corn tortillas
- Four tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ rajma cup that has been soaked overnight
- Two teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion
- One cup of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- A tablespoon oil
- One tablespoon of tan powder Jeera
- Salt to taste
for the green sauce:
- An hour and 1/2 chopped green tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- two to three chopped green chiles
- Two tablespoons of vinegar
- Salt to taste
- for fried beans filling are needed:
- Cook the rajma with one and ½ cup water in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Drain the beans and turn them into paste in a mixer grinder.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and pepper to it and saute for one to two minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for three or four minutes.
- Add ground beans, powder chili powder, cumin, salt and two tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat for at least two to three minutes.
For the green sauce:
- Cut the tomatoes into large chunks and cook for five to seven minutes over medium heat with the onion, green pepper and ¼ cup water.
- When cooked, blend and strain.
- Add the vinegar and salt to taste and set aside.
- Spread the green sauce on each tortilla.
- Place the filling of beans and then fold sides and top with cheese.
- grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts and serve hot.
Juices and smoothies
Recipe One: Apple Fizz Lemon
- 200ml apple juice
- pumpkin 200ml lemon
- Two tablespoons of chopped cucumber finely
- Two apples tablespoons finely chopped if desired
- One tablespoon of chopped mint (pudina)
- A teaspoon of honey
- Combine all ingredients and serve in glasses correctly.
- cool apple juice and lemonade before mixing, because adding ice cubes to cool could cause dilute the drink.
Recipe Two: Watermelon Mojito
- four sheets pudina tablespoons
- four tablespoons of lemon juice
- four watermelon cubes tablespoons
- sugar syrup four teaspoons
- Two pinches salt
- Three cups of juice of fresh watermelon
- A cup of crushed ice
- pudina combine a tablespoon of leaves, a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon lemon juice, sugar syrup and a tablespoon and a half pinch of salt in a (mostly rock crystal) glass.
- lightly crush the ingredients with a muddler.
- Place the mixture into three glasses.
- In each cup, put ¼ cups of crushed ice and pour the same amount of watermelon juice.
Vegetarian diets are not only good fiber but can provide enough protein, minerals and vitamins for one person. Today there are enough reasons to switch to a vegetarian diet to lose weight because they are much healthier and safer.
Madhavi is a senior editor UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. She is a graduate of expertise in human resources management, but fell for a healthy life. Considering how the people were not informed about personal health, fitness and fashion; she felt compelled to educate, enlighten and entertain the average Joe and Jane worldwide.