Perfect for lunch or a quick dinner, this chicken wrap healthy Greek is loaded with lean chicken, Greek salad and great taste. If you like olives, feta cheese and Greek flavor, then this is your go-to wrap.
A little about tzatziki
Greek Grow, tzatziki was always a staple in our house. If you have not tried this, garlic dill yogurt sauce, then you’re in luck. I only use Greek yogurt, because they never lose the opportunity to add probiotics to healthy bowel in my diet. Tzatziki is an excellent seasoning for chicken or pork; Even the tzatziki use as a dipping sauce baked potatoes or beginning of my baked potato!
Upload your wraps with vegetables
I am a sucker for a good Greek salad and a delicious sandwich wrap. This recipe combines both. Aside from being so darned easy to prepare, wraps are a great way to hide extra vegetables in the daily diet of your family. This recipe is a traditional Greek chicken wrap recipe, but that need not stop you from throwing in shredded carrots, red peppers or any other you vegetables request. Even tzatziki is not your thing, then go ahead and change it by adding humus. And if you prefer a vegetarian diet, leave out the egg or replace it with chickpeas.
Greek healthy coat chicken with Tzatziki recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 30 minutes
step One: Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 peeled cup seeded and pureed cucumber (discard liquid)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Salsa can be made up to 2 hours in advance.
Step Two: Marinated chicken breast
- 1 large without boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 ° F . In a baking pan add olive oil, lemon, pepper, salt, oregano and honey. Whisk to combine.
2. Add the chicken breast to the baking pan and turn to coat. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and turn chicken with sauce clothes again. Add a little water to the bottom of the pan so that the sauce does not burn.
3. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through but still juicy. Let stand until cool.
Step Three: Wraps
1. Place the chicken on a cutting board and cut into thin slices; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, pepper and salt.
3. In a medium bowl mix the romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion, feta cheese and sliced olives. Add olive oil dressing and mix well.
4. Place a pita on a plate and a couple of tablespoons of tzatziki sauce spread on the envelope. Add 1/2 cup Greek salad and 1/4 of the chicken pieces on top. Fold over each side of the wrap around an inch and then roll the wrap tightly. Repeat with the remaining pitas.
5. Serve immediately with extra tzatziki on the side. Enjoy!
– Katherine Marko