fresh fruits and vegetables are an important source of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Fruit consumption also helps reduce the risk of a number of serious health problems such as heart disease, stroke, certain cancers, obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney stones. The best part of the fruit, is that they make a great substitute for desserts and can be easily incorporated into the diets of children, as they are tasty and healthy. There are so many creative salad recipes and exciting fruits for children to ensure your child eats all the different types of fruits and enjoy himself / herself while doing it.
Most fruits are low in fat, sodium, calories and contain absolutely no cholesterol. In addition, fruits help to meet the requirement of many nutrients such as potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C and folic acid, which are often not sufficiently consumed, especially by children, as they can be picky eaters.
Every fruit has some health benefits. Let’s take a look at some fruits and their health benefits:
- Bananas, plums, peaches and dried apricots, cantaloupe and all are good sources of potassium.
- Vitamin C can be obtained from citrus fruits like oranges, sweet lime and kiwi.
- Blueberries, red and purple grapes are full of antioxidants and help fight cancer.
- Apple is a very good source of dietary fiber.
- cherries and strawberries help fight bad cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and prevent heart disease
- The papayas are good for digestion.
Children and nutrition:
children’s bodies are constantly growing and require an adequate intake of nutrition. The amount of fruit consumed in a day varies from person to person depending on age, sex, physical activity level, etc. But fresh healthy fruits must be included in the daily diet of each person as they are incredibly tasty and healthy!
recipes fruit salad for children
recipes Fruit salad for children can be made in many different combinations and are so visually appealing that children as for adults They will love. Here are some recipes for fruit salad for children present
1. Apples and peaches salad
- Two apples
- Three peaches
- Three plums
- 50 grapes350 ml pineapple juice
- Take a large bowl. Cut apples, peaches and plums and transfer them into the container after peeling, husking and elimination of all wells.
- Then add the grapes and top with a little pineapple juice. Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. This salad can be stored for up to 10 days.
2. mango salad
- Two handles
- ½ pineapple (fresh)
- lemon juice ½ cup
- apricot juice A cup / orange
- lettuce cups, two or three fresh strawberries
- Chop the mango ½-inch cubes and place in a bowl.
- Chop the fresh pineapple ½-inch cubes and add to the same cup.
- separately mixed lemon and apricot / orange juice and pour over
fruit in the bowl.
- Transfer the lettuce cups or serve in small bowls.
- decorate with strawberries salad.
- To add more variation in this salad, you can peel four avocado, cut into halves and remove seeds.
- Put the mango mixture in avocados. You can also put long slices of mango or melon with watermelon and grapefruit sections.
3. Berry abundance
- ½ can of cherries, pitted and drained
- ½ can of pineapple, crushed and drained
- Packaged black cherry gelatine- 90 ml
- Packaged raspberry / strawberry / cherry 90ml gelatine-
- Two cups of fresh fruit juice
- Two bottles of 7-up / Lemonade / any other soda lime (30 ml each)
- One cup of chopped nuts
- Two packages of cream cheese 90 grams each
- a cup miniature marshmallows
- a package of dream whip
- Put the fruit juice in the heat until it reaches the point boiling.
- Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved.Cool.
- Do not let harden.
Add the soda, cherries and pineapple mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a 9 × 13 ” container.Preferably glass.
Chill until mixture is firm.
- serve with whipped cream or, or the next fill.
- cream cheese soften at room temperature.
- Add marshmallows and stir until smooth.
- Prepare the dream whip as directed on the package and add to the mixture.
- Spread on top of the salad and refrigerate.
4. Fruit salad and nuts:
- A cup salad dressing originals (preferably Marzetti)
- ½ kg of shredded cabbage
- One kg of sliced strawberries
- A cup of mandarin oranges, drained
- A cup of red seedless grapes, sliced
- One cup of chopped nuts
- ½ or 1 cup blue cheese
- Take a large bowl and put in strawberries, cabbage, oranges, red grapes, walnuts and blue cheese.
- Add cabbage salad dressing and mix well until all ingredients are coated with dressing.
Cover with lid and refrigerate for one hour.
5. Blueberry and pineapple salad:
- Five packages of cranberries
- Three cans of pineapple with slice juice, 600 grams each
- Two cups of nuts
- sugar to taste (about one or two cups)
- using a blender or food processor, process blueberries, pineapple and walnuts coarsely chopped.
- transfer coarsely chopped pieces of fruit in a bowl.
- Add pineapple juice and nuts.
- Now add the sugar. Initially, you can add 1 cup and add more later if necessary.
6. Melon and strawberry salad:
- Two stalks of lemongrass, bruised and roughly chopped
- Two hot chilies fresh red, cut into quarters lengthwise
- a lemon peel, finely grated
- a cup of sugar
- strawberries, cut into halves or quarters (450 grams)
- Any white melon as the Canary Islands or Crenshaw, peeled and cut into cubes a quarter inch (450 g)
- Two tablespoons mint leaves, silver
- Two teaspoons crystallized ginger chopped
- ½ cup fresh cream
- A cup of water
- Fill a large bowl with ice. Set a medium bowl in this large bowl.
- Now take a medium-sized saucepan, add this: lemon grass, red chillies, lemon peel and sugar with a cup of water and put on fire and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Let it simmer until the mixture thickens, for about eight minutes. Once this is done, remove from heat and transfer in the medium container placed in the large bowl of ice and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Take another large bowl. In this, transfer strawberries, melon and mint leaves.
- Now, check whether the lemongrass syrup has cooled. Once cool, strain directly on the fruit and mix gently. Refrigerate until cold it is only slightly.
- In another bowl, mix the ginger and fresh cream.
- Next, using a spoon, put the fruit salad in individual bowls and refill with a dollop of cream of ginger.
- Serve immediately.
7. Fresh fruit salad:
- Two cups mixed fresh fruit cut into cubes (apple, pineapple, oranges)
- A cup of whipped cream, beaten
- A spoonful of powder or powdered sugar ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh fruits mixed Divide into four equal portions and set aside.
- Now take a bowl and add the whipped cream, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Mix these well. Once this is done, it is divided into four equal parts and set aside.
- Now, transfer part of the fruits, topped with cream, each in four glasses or bowls.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour and serve.
Some tips while making fruit salad recipes for children:
While making fruit salad , you should try to use two or three different textures of fruit to make it more exciting, every time someone takes a bite. Apples are crunchy, which can be combined with semi-soft fruits such as grapes and soft fruits like peaches. very soft fruits like bananas must be handled with care; can be added directly to individual portions rather than the entire portion at a time.
Try to use three or four different fruits colors for your fruit salad to make it look more appealing and vibrant. Orange, red, pink and white is a good combination. This will delight children and make them want to eat.
3. Size :.
Chop the fruit into pieces smaller bite size so they are easy to eat and you do not get too much of a fruit in his mouth in one bite
4. Citrus contact: recommended
citrus juice to help preserve the flavor and taste of the salad through the week. Any citrus juice like pineapple, orange, lemon, etc. can be used. Most recipes fruit salad for children use pineapple juice.
need the salad to be stored in the refrigerator, otherwise it will go wrong. child nutrition is an area that requires the attention of all parents. With the increased availability and exposure to a number and variety of junk foods, chips, chocolates and ice creams are easily available in the market, it is a challenge to ensure children receive their required daily dose of nutrition through essential nutrients. These poor eating habits can pose serious health of children now and in the future also risks.
Therefore, it is important to inculcate healthy eating habits at an early age. This will be useful for them to maintain a healthy lifestyle, even in adulthood and prevent the onset of disorders and diseases related to food.
The ideal weight and nutritional requirements, both need to be taken into account. Childhood obesity is a major concern these days and, therefore, parents should control the fat intake of their children, while a sufficient intake of nutrients is guaranteed. Making changes in the diet of children do not always have to be difficult and fruits are a great way to ensure that your children are getting all the nutrition they need!
Madhavi is a senior editor UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. She is a graduate of expertise in human resources management, but fell for a healthy life. Considering how the people were not informed about personal health, fitness and fashion; she felt compelled to educate, enlighten and entertain the average Joe and Jane worldwide.
Additional Tags for this post:
simple fruit salads for children |