healthy fasting has many benefits and is sometimes it requires us because of certain religious obligations. It is easy for the young and healthy to meet and spend the day fasting people. However, it is not easy for people who suffer from some type of disease, especially if the disease is diabetes. Diabetes is a disease in which the blood glucose level (sugar) is higher than it should be.
things to keep in mind if you are fasting and diabetic
- visit your doctor: is imperative that you visit your doctor as soon as you have decided to fast. Prevention is always better than cure so the medication and discuss healthy diet plan with your doctor before hand. Do not wait and experiment with their health. The consequences can be dangerous!
- listen to the advice of your doctor: If your doctor tells you to give up his fast, he / she probably has a reason to do so. Efforts during the illness will not help the cause. Take the advice seriously and reconsider. After all, health is wealth.
- eat well, while you can: Do not binge eating when the fast is broken, or between fasts. This will only cause irregularities in the level of blood sugar and make you obese. Eat slowly and steadily. Make sure you have a plan balanced and healthy diet that helps maintain fasting blood sugar levels.
If, after consultation, to decide Fast:
- less insulin at the start of the day are needed.
- His usual type of insulin can not work; your doctor check.
- make any use of premixed insulin during the fasting period.
- Include foods that are slowly absorbed by the body, such as rice.
- maintain their levels of blood glucose under constant control.
- drink more liquids. Decaffeinated and sugar-free drinks should ensure that not dehydrate.
Risks of fasting if you are diabetic:
- fasting for long periods of time puts them at high risk of hypoglycemia developing or low blood sugar, which can be extremely dangerous. It can also cause dehydration, which is no better.
- If you suffer from complications associated with diabetes such as heart or kidney disease, then you should consider not fast, because it will aggravate the problem.
- You may have high blood glucose levels during fasting if it is not as active as it should be. This will lead to diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA). This condition requires urgent medical attention.
tips healthy diet plan for fast – foods you should eat
Try including rice, pita bread and lentils in your diet daily, other fruits and vegetables. These foods are absorbed more slowly by the body and, as a result, help keep fasting all day.
grains and seeds are good for you and help you achieve your fasts:
Rich Foods fiber are also good for the retention of water to stay hydrated. Food healthy diet, such as:
- Whole Wheat
- foods containing bran
- Vegetables such as peas, green beans and spinach
- the dried fruits such as dried apricots, figs and prunes
Limit consumption of sweets, fried and fatty foods when the fast is broken. Drink as much water and liquid sugar as possible between the fasts.
know when the fast break:
In the unlikely event that you might have to break the fast, you should know the symptoms to consider. If you feel any of these, you should break his fast immediately, because the consequences could be dire.
Symptoms of hiccups:
- blurred or double vision
- lack of concentration
- weakness in the legs
- Feeling of panic or anxiety
- fast heartbeat
- excessive hunger
- Tingling lips and tongue
- Looking pale
- in severe circumstances that could be even unconsciousness
steps to take in case you are having a Hypo:
- Stop whatever you are doing immediately
- have two lumps of sugar or three glucose tablets
- may also have cookies with a glass of water
once you feel better, appropriate to have proper diet food- healthy foods, in order to avoid hypoglycemia or more complications.
If you have high levels of blood glucose, which is the opposite of hypoglycaemia, you may experience:
- stomach pain
- often you may need to use the bathroom
- red, dry skin
- in severe circumstances, may even falling unconscious
Do not ignore symptoms or wait worsen. Break the fast if we find that any of the above is happening to you. Take adequate rest and be in constant contact with your doctor to avoid too many complications. Be careful and safe while fasting is observed. Do not risk your health at any cost.
Madhavi is a senior editor UrbanWired with deep love and passion for all things health, wellness, fitness and fashion. She is a graduate of expertise in human resources management, but fell for a healthy life. Considering how the people were not informed about personal health, fitness and fashion; she felt compelled to educate, enlighten and entertain the average Joe and Jane worldwide.