Health Benefits of Walnuts (Akhrot)
About Walnut / Akhrot
Nuts are full of nutrients healthy and high density (especially proteins and essential fatty acids) offered by nature to nourish human brotherhood. It is one of the most nutritious edible seeds of the genus Juglans Juglandaceae and belongs to the family. Naturally its seed husk is closed under the leathery, meaty and green shell. It is a round head and single series (two halves) of stone fruit.
The most important and main species of walnuts are the Black and Persian or English walnut (originated in India). Some other species are California Black Walnut, Walnut Butternuts and Arizona. Akhrot shell juicy is used as a dye for dyeing the fabric.
According to 2010 statistics, China was the largest producer of walnuts which produces about 1.06 million metric tons of nuts while the total production of nuts worldwide was 2.55 million metric tons. Nuts are also produced in India, Turkey, Iran, France, Romania, Ukraine, the United States (the largest exporter in the world), Mexico and Chile.
ADVANTAGES OF WALNUTS / AKHROT
is a seed that has a lot of benefits health that a person should eat for better health than before. Here I will mention all the benefits for the incredible health and countless nuts
rich source of all essential nutrients
- Nuts are rich energy source because it contains healthy nutrients, including minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids that are necessary for optimal health.
strengthens the body
- Nuts are rich in omega 3 (eicosapentaenoic acid or EPA and docosahexaenoic acid or DHA) and Omega 6 fatty acids that helps our body for cell growth, blood clotting, better immune function, prevention of several major diseases and etc.
Maintains cholesterol level
- Nuts have ability to decrease the level of bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol level in the blood therefore it helps prevent heart disease and strokes important.
Reduces the risk of cancer
- Nuts have several nutritional ingredients slows cancer growth. Nuts have omega-3 fatty acids, phytosterols (beta-sitosterol), vitamin E and antioxidants that reduce the risk of colon, breast and prostate cancer.
beneficial for health in general
- Eating soaked nuts is very beneficial to health instead of consuming roast, roasted or baked. soaking process makes it free of tannins and more digestible.
regularized Organs body functioning
- Nuts are very good source of several minerals potassium, selenium, calcium, manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc and etc, which are very beneficial in regulating growth and development, sperm generation, better digestion, synthesis of nucleic acid and a lot of body functioning.
Reduces the risk of diseases of the coronary arteries
- Its anti-inflammatory property helps reduce the risk of high blood pressure and diseases of the coronary arteries .
Rich source of phytochemicals
- antioxidant property to many phytochemicals (ellagic acid, melatonin, carotenoids, vitamin E and compounds should poly-phenolic) which reduces the risk of aging, cancer, inflammation and variety of neurological diseases.
- Walnuts are the richest source of phytonutrients and minerals like magnesium, selenium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, zinc and etc, which are required by the body for the maintenance of the various organs of the body it works.
Protects against free radicals
- Eating about seven walnuts a day keeps the body from the harmful effects of free radicals.
Reduces the risk of inflammatory diseases
- Its high content of fatty acids prevents various inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, asthma, eczema and etc.
causes the bone and teeth strong
- Nuts are essential fatty acids (alpha-linolenic acid) which are required by the body to make strong bones and healthy teeth.
induces better sleep
- Walnuts contain melatonin that is deeply linked with better sleep pattern and maintain blood pressure and relive stress.
Saves the digestive system working well
- Akhrots are the rich source of dietary fibers play a great role in making the digestive system work well.
Reduces the risk of fat deposition
- Eating nuts regularly helps in reducing the number of problems associated with metabolic syndrome and decreases risk of abdominal adiposity (fat deposition around the abdominal area).
preventing memory disorders
- Because of its richness in omega-3, which is very helpful in reducing hyperactivity disorder attention deficit, depression, Alzheimer’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn’s disease.
keeps blood vessels healthy
- Nuez has monounsaturated fat lowers bad cholesterol and lipoprotein (causal factor of atherosclerosis) that It maintains the elasticity and the softness of the blood vessel.
Reduces the risk of fat deposition in the arteries
- Akhrot also contain an essential amino acid (L-arginine), which is transformed into nitric oxide and helps in better blood flow to the body thus prevents the arteries to get narrow by preventing fat deposition on the walls of the arteries.
Benefits of nuts for the brain
is a brain food promotes brain health
- Nuts are known as brain food, as they have several potential health benefits. Walnuts are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which plays a great role in promoting brain health.
improves Power memory
- Nuts have omega 3 fatty acids that nourish the nervous system and cause it to work smoothly and improve memory capacity.
Improves Concentration Level
- Eat two or three akhrots on daily basis in the morning helps improve mind and concentration level as soon as possible.
Benefits of walnuts hair
Makes hair strong and Long
- Nuts are regarded as the food is very good, as they have the hair biotin (vitamin B7), which helps strengthen hair, prevent hair loss and improve hair growth.
strengthens the hair root
- Akhrot makes the hair more black, strong and brighter than before because it strengthens the roots of hair.
Benefits of nuts during pregnancy
promotes brain development in infants
- nut consumption during pregnancy helps a lot to the mother and baby. This helps in preventing nausea during pregnancy and stimulates the baby’s brain development.
baby Prevents allergic diseases
- Akhrot also decreases the possibility of developing allergic diseases in children.
prevents baby from birth defects
- The top of group B vitamins and folate content prevent the fetus from the variety of birth defects .
nutritious food for baby
- Eating nuts for breastfeeding women, makes the production of healthy and nutritious milk for your baby .
Benefits of nuts for diabetes
reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
- walnuts are considered healthy diet as they are beneficial to everyone. Regular nut consumption reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes as mono and polyunsaturated fats found in nuts are good for insulin sensitivity.
Benefits of Nuts For Weight Control
- Nuez also plays a very good role in controlling weight management and obesity, since it is a low sodium and cholesterol-free diet.
Benefits of walnuts for men
Improves sperm quality
- Men who eat nuts regularly in your diet (about 75 g daily basis) obtain their improved sperm quality mean better sperm motility, vitality, morphology, etc.
Benefits of walnuts on skin
prevents damaging free radicals
- nuts are rich in vitamin E (-tocopherol), which is a potent lipid-soluble antioxidant helps maintain the integrity of the cell membrane of the skin by preventing harmful free radicals of oxygen.
Provides glow to the skin
- Nuts are also rich in B vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, B6 , folates and etc.) that maintain the brightness and skin health.
removes wrinkles and improving skin elasticity
- Walnuts are rich in copper, which prevents the skin-related wrinkles age, and improves skin elasticity.
Best Scrub skin
- Akhrot used as best facial scrub (curd 5 TSF to 5 nuts finely powdered) to get a bright and healthy skin.
provides relief from Sun Burn
- relief is provided for sun burns the skin and accelerates the process of wound healing.
tones the skin
- Manganese is an important mineral found in the walnut provides firmness to the skin and makes wrinkle free .
improves blood circulation throughout the body
- Akhrot has some special properties on the skin increases blood circulation to the skin which brings more oxygen and nutrients to every cell therefore it makes skin bright and shiny.
Benefits walnut oil
prevents the skin from dryness
- Walnut oil has astringent properties protects the skin from dryness when applied well.
is used for many purposes beauty
- is also used in massage therapy, aromatherapy and many pharmaceutical and industries cosmetics.
is used to treat skin infections
- Walnut oil makes beautiful and glowing skin for the treatment of infections the skin. Also has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties preventing athlete’s foot, psoriasis, Candida and other skin problems.
rich source of nutrients
- Walnut oil has vitamins, minerals and high protein therefore used in various treatment products beauty. Eating nuts have many health benefits.
- Akhrot provides relief from eczema when applied with garlic juice on the affected area for 10 days.
Beauty Benefits of nuts
- The nuts are used in many beauty products brand and several shampoos for skin, body and hair health.
Nutritional benefits of nuts / Akhrot per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 654 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13.71 g
Starch: 0.06 g
Sugars: 2,61 g
Fat : 65, 21 g
saturated fats: 6,126 g
monounsaturated fat: 8,933
polyunsaturated fats: 47,174 g
Water: 4.07 g
Protein: 15.23 g
dietary fiber: 6.7g
Thiamine: 0.341 mg
Riboflavin: 0.150 mg
Niacin 1.125 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.570 mg
pyridoxine: 0.537 mg
folate: 98 g
Vitamin C: 1.3 mg
Vitamin E-γ: 20.83 mg
Vitamin A: 20 IU
Vitamin K: 2.7 mg
sodium: 2 mg
Potassium: 441 mg
Calcium: 98 mg
Phosphorus: 346 mg
Selenium 4.9 mg
Iron: 2.9 mg
Magnesium: 158 mg
Manganese: 3.4 mg
Zinc: 3.09 mg
Copper: 1.5 mg
Zinc: 3, 09 mg
Carotene-SS: 12 g
lutein-zeaxanthin: 9 g
Selecting and storing nuts
nuts are commercially available in many forms such as sweetened, roasted, salted, shelled, unshelled, etc. You should buy raw nuts whole rather than processed. Select the nuts that are very dense, brown, bright, even size, heavy in weight and break free, odor, mildew and stains. It should be placed in cool, dry airtight container to keep it safe for many months.
While the ideal for storing nuts for the longest period temperature is -3 to 0 degrees Celsius and humidity low, for both, as well as industrial storage at home to avoid nuts molds fungus that releases aflatoxin (not health insurance).
The nuts are used in many edible things like toppings on pizzas, yoghurts, cakes, salads, desserts, sweets, ice cream, salad dressings seafood, Koftas, pulao, cutlets, pancakes, pastas, stuffed kachoris, stuffed mushrooms, bread, biscuits, cookies, cakes and nut butters, etc. also prepared using nuts.
Disadvantages of nuts
- dust walnut has toxic effects on health.
- People who eat more nuts angry and sick very easily.
- Over consumption of nuts lead to kidney stone, as nuts are high in oxalates that contribute to the formation of kidney stones.
- In some people may cause nut allergy, a type of hypersensitivity that results in pain in the abdomen, vomiting, nausea, swelling of the lips, sore throat, difficulty breathing, congestion chest, etc.
How many nuts to eat daily
Nogal should be eaten on the limit to get your all health benefits and avoid intake unnecessary calories. Overall, about 40 grams (four or five walnut) eats on a daily basis. An ounce of nuts contains about 18 g of total fat, so should be eaten limit.
You May Also Like :