Health Benefits of Tulsi and Basil Leaves
About Tulsi / Basil
Tulsi is the most famous herb of India, belongs to the family Lamiaceae known for its amazing and wonderful values around the world. It originated in the Indian sub-continents and also known as holy basil and queen of herbs. It is the most sacred aromatic plant found in India and adored by the Indian people in their daily lives. It is planted in almost all Indians in their homes for religious purposes. Sacred Tulsi leaves have been used by the people of India over thousands of years.
Found in many varieties and different parts such as stems, leaves, roots, seeds are used for therapeutic purposes. Tulsi plant with green leaves is known as Rama plant / Sri / Lakshmi Tulsi Tulsi while with reddish / purple leaves color is known as Krishna / Shyama Tulsi.
ADVANTAGES OF TULSI / BASIL
Tulsi leaves and seeds are used for many years in curing various seasonal problems and serious health disorders like cough, cold, malaria, inflammation, heart problems, kidney, liver, etc. is loaded naturally with a lot of nutrition such as antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals and etc. It has great ability to promote longevity. Some of its benefits really credible nutritional health are mentioned below:
Benefits of Tulsi leaves
preventing common infections
- common infections caused by bacteria, fungi and viruses, due to its anti-bacterial properties germicidal properties, fungicide and is prevented.
- helps in reducing body temperature means the fever to normal during any infection if the water cardamom boiled with tulsi taken two to three times a day.
Benefits of tulsi leaves for diabetes
releases insulin under control
- leaves holy basil contain antioxidants and essential oils (eugenol, caryophyllene, eugenol and methyl etc), which helps the beta cells of the pancreas to release insulin under control and function properly.
reduces the level of blood sugar
- helps in reducing lower the level of blood sugar and keeps symptoms diabetes under control. It prevents oxidative stress and increase longevity.
Benefits of tulsi leaves for Heart
Maintains cholesterol level
- contains a powerful antioxidant compound (eugenol), which helps maintain the level of cholesterol in the blood and thus blood pressure reduces the risk of heart disorders.
prevents heart disease
- is very beneficial to chew few tulsi leaves in the early morning on an empty stomach daily to be prevented of heart disease.
Benefits of tulsi leaves Relief mind
reduces the stress level
- helps in reducing reduce the level of stress the body and mind normalizing the level of the stress hormone called cortisol.
improves blood flow
- contains some anti-stress have calming effects on nerve agents, fights with harmful free radicals and regulates the proper flow of blood throughout the body.
- acts as a tonic for the natural nerves and memory sharper remedy if five leaves of tulsi are They are taken with water in the morning.
Benefits of tulsi leaves kidney
dissolves kidney stones
- helps dissolve kidney stones by reducing the level of uric acid in the blood due to its diuretic and detoxifying property.
body toxin is eliminated
- which helps in cleansing the kidneys by flushing out all toxins from the body through the kidney. Given the mixture of honey and the juice of Tulsi leaves on daily basis helps.
Benefits leaves tulsi cancer
- Help in treating various types of cancer body by inhibiting the growth of tumor cells because of its strong anti-cancer and anti-oxidants.
- Reduces the risk of cancer among people who eat basil leaves regularly.
Benefits of tulsi leaves skin and hair
Improving the health of hair and skin
- Its powerful antioxidant and purifying nature makes skin and hair health, strong and smooth.
purifies the blood
- is a famous blood purifier gives skin and hair a shiny look amazing.
Clears the skin
- Remove all blackheads, acne and skin blemishes and prevents further problems due to its anti -Mushrooms, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial.
provides relief from skin problems
- also provides relief from other skin problems such as itching, leucoderma including the fall of hair, if the paste of tulsi leaves is applied directly as a package or who drink juice.
Lightens skin tone
- The application of the paste of Tulsi kiss and leaves on the face helps in removing marks scar, acne and lightens the skin tone.
relieves inflammation of the skin
- The application of the paste of tulsi leaves, sandalwood and rosewater in face helps prevent inflammation of the skin and makes the young, soft and fresh skin.
Makes smooth, shiny hair
- Makes if the itching mixes soft, shiny and free hair Tulsi leaves, neem and hibiscus leaves is applied to hair.
- His anti-aging property makes it able to prevent the body from age-related damage caused by free radicals.
- This helps slow the aging process, such as fine lines in the skin, wrinkles and etc.
Prevents Greying hair
- This prevents gray hair get if the hair is washed with Tulsi leaves and amla powder (soak for overnight) water.
Benefits of Tulsi leaves the respiratory system
provides relief of respiratory disorders
- relief from various respiratory problems (colds, coughs, flu, flu, bronchitis, asthma and etc.) is provided and prevents future of serious respiratory disorders if consumed regularly.
increases the body’s immunity
- immunity system of the body is improved, suppresses the release of cough, relieve chest to expel more phlegm chest.
relieves pain and inflammation
- Helps relieve pain and inflammation caused by sore throat if basil water boil it is taken regularly.
Benefits of Tulsi leaves Children
is used to treat the common cold
- also helps in treating problems of children as the common cold, diarrhea, fever, vomiting, etc.
keeps away from chickenpox
- children is maintained away from chickenpox if some basil leaves is given with honey.
remove the eggs Problem
- helps in the treatment of stomach problems and intestinal parasites among children.
Other benefits of leaves tulsi
cures Damage smoking
- helping to quit smoking, and healing all damage caused by smoking.
- immediate relief from headaches caused by infections such as sinusitis is provided, allergic reactions , seasonal problems, migraine, etc.
Treats insect bites and bad breath problems
- is a good home remedy for treat insect bites and bad breath problems.
natural teeth Paste
- basil leaves powder used for brushing teeth to get relief from dental problems such as bad breath , gingivitis, pyorrhea, etc.
it is used to treat eye disorders
- is useful in the treatment of ocular disorders such as eye pain, night blindness, itching and etc, if black basil leaves juice is used as an eye drop during bedtime.
Used to treat stomach problems
- helps in treating stomach common problems include constipation, vomiting, poor appetite, flatulence, abdominal distension, heartburn, etc.
- Apply paste some tulsi leaves and black pepper to teeth helps relieve toothaches.
Benefits of Roots Tulsi during pregnancy
relieves pain Labour
- helps pregnant women by reducing labor pain and relieving Tulsi delivery if the root is attached to the back of pregnant women.
Benefits of Tulsi oil
Insect Repellent Natural
- Helps to keep mosquitoes and other harmful insects away if applicable Tulsi oil in the body.
provides relief from mental problems
- seed oil, basil has properties hypo-intensive and helps relieve mental weakness, release stress, depression and other disorders.
alleviates the problem of lice
- Its application to the scalp helps get relief from the problem of lice and clarifies the color if applied to the face.
Benefits of Tulsi Tea
Improves oxygenated blood flow
- Basil leaves contain lots of vitamins and minerals such as B, a, E, K, C, manganese, calcium, iron, zinc, dietary fiber, magnesium, potassium, folate, chlorophyll and therefore phytonutrients help in nourishing the body very deeply if the basil tea is taken regularly. dried leaves of Tulsi are also used to make tea. It is rich in iron and low in calories, improves the flow of oxygenated blood throughout the body.
Benefits seeds tulsi
- is anti-inflammatory in nature reduces inflammation caused for many problems such as arthritis, joint pain, etc.
keeps functioning of various body systems
- Helps maintain system operation blood circulation, cardio vascular system, digestive system, immune system and other body systems.
Used to treat problems Genitourinary System
- is useful in treating problems of the genito-urinary system, such as infection bladder, vaginal infection and gonorrhea.
regulates the level of sugar in the blood
- that helps slow the metabolism and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine therefore regulates the level of sugar in the blood.
subject wound healing
- The antibacterial property and anti-inflammatory subject wound healing and avoid additional skin infections.
Used to treat Hyper-Problem acidity
- helps in managing normal cholesterol level and treatment of problems hyper-acidity and heartburn, gastroesophageal reflex disorder, etc.
reduces the effect of snake venom
- acts as a natural antidote for snake venom.
Improved Memory level
- omega-3 found in the seeds of basil helps to improve the level of memory and brain power.
Benefits of Tulsi Mala
prevents negative effects
- is considered to use in India Tulsi bad neck prevents the negative effects due to the divine properties.
Maintains a calm mind
- very quiet and peaceful mind is maintained.
Nutritional benefits of Tulsi / basil leaves 100 g
(Source: database USDA Nutrient)
Energy : 23 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2.65 g
Protein: 3.15 g
Fat: 0.64 g
dietary fibers 1.60 g
Thiamine: 0.034 mg
Riboflavin: 0.076 mg
Niacin 0.902 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.209 mg
pyridoxine: 0.155 mg
folate: 68 g 碌
Vitamin A 5275 IU
Vitamin E: 0.80 mg
Vitamin C: 18 mg
Vitamin K: 414.8 g 碌
sodium 4 mg
Potassium: 295 mg
Calcium: 177 mg
Copper: 385 mg
Manganese: 1.15 mg
Magnesium: 64 mg
Iron: 3.17 mg
Zinc 0.81 mg
beta-carotene: 3142 g 碌
beta-crypto-xanthine: 46 g 碌
The luteína- zeaxanthin: 5650 g 碌
How to enjoy
Almost every part of the plant Tulsi is useful and beneficial to human health. It can be enjoyed as fresh leaves, dry leaves, powdered leaves, stems, roots, seeds and leaves, etc. Tulsi can be enjoyed so that green tea Tulsi, the juice of fresh leaves, dry powder, add to the salad, soup and etc.
How to select and store
Any variety of Tulsi plant can be planted at home in the small vase for fresh leaves easily on daily basis. Selection of fresh leaves and organic basil are good drying instead of one, as they are high quality, flavor and more beneficial. However, in the absence of fresh leaves, dried leaves can be used, but less beneficial, since they have low vitamin C, carotene and etc. Tulsi leaves can be stored fresh for a few days in the refrigerator and leaves can be stored for months in airtight container in a dry, cool, dark place.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions
has some disadvantages and side effects that need some safety precautions during use:
- avoid taking inappropriately, as it can lead to serious health problems.
- taken with great care by diabetic person because it can slow the glucose level causing weakness and affect brain function.
- usually it is avoided during pregnancy and lactation.
- Your anticoagulant (blood thinner) Property can affect people taking medications for heart problems, inadequate blood flow and etc.
- can improve the level of chromium in the body that is toxic.
- should be avoided a few days before and after surgery to avoid any risk of major bleeding.
How Tulsi for lunch one day
Tulsi leaves are very famous in India not only from religious views, but from the point of therapeutic, as well. It makes very clear to hinder the growth of harmful insects in areas close environment. It is considered that people taking four fifty-six basil leaves daily freed from many health problems. However, high doses should be avoided and the need to consult a doctor immediately if a problem occurs.
Additional Tags for this post
utazi and pregnancy | garden egg leaves | can a pregnant woman take utazi leaf | is utazi leaf good for pregnancy | is utazi good for pregnant woman | utazi leaf during pregnancy | Utazi leave | What does utazi water does to a pregnant woman? |
You May Also Like :